Thread: Bill Bruford , Jeff Berlin & Kazumi Watanabe - Spice of Life

Bill Bruford , Jeff Berlin & Kazumi Watanabe - Spice of Life

Just saw a clip of this performance the other day. Is this available on DVD or CD?? How did I miss this one...lol

The Spice of Life in Concert - DVD
    In 2004 a DVD was distributed by Geneon of a concert that took place on May 22, 1987, entitled "The Spice of Life in Concert". It features a 12 piece concert, and has an interview of Kazumi Watanabe. In addition to the original 8 tracks on "The Spice of Life", it includes a drum solo by Bill Bruford, a bass solo by Jeff Berlin, "Sayonara" (from the 1980 album To Chi Ka) and "Half Blood" (from the 1983 album Mobo). (Originally, in 1987, a LD was distributed in Japan, but it went out of print quickly.)

Track listing

"Melanchoe"
    "Hiper K"
    "City"
    "Period"
    "Na Starovia"
    "Bass solo"
    "Sayonara"
    "Half Blood"
    "Lim-Poo"
    "Drums solo"
    "J.F.K."
    "Unt"

Performers
    Kazumi Watanabe – guitar, main performer
    Jeff Berlin – electric bass
    Bill Bruford – electric drums

Have the CD, great one!

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    Just saw a clip of this performance the other day. Is this available on DVD or CD?? How did I miss this one...lol
    I'll check with a friend of mine who sells fusion to see what is available. If it is only Jap pressings be prepared to sell some blood.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I'll check with a friend of mine who sells fusion to see what is available. If it is only Jap pressings be prepared to sell some blood.

He did 2 spice of life CDs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds great! always love to hear first class musicians play---but always hated the way Jeff Berlin dressed lol

The first Spice Of Life-CD is great if you love Bill's electronic drumming; the album was produced more or less in the same period as the first Earthworks.
    The DVD is fine too except the use of some atmospheric meant video's which don't add much to the show. The DVD is out of print, so those who sell it now ask a lot.
    The second CD is oké, but less unique.