Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Apple

On further review, it appears that Apple Music is at fault, not the user:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_te...mp3_files.html
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Apple Engineer Talks About New 2016 Macbook Pro

So funny !

That is funny. But, I'll still take my Macbook Pro over an Windows POS any day. In fact, I'm still using my 2009 desktop.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

^^^ Cant help laughing myself silly over Risitas (he has 'worked' many places ) , the writer of this text has a point. They are pushing it to protect their business.
    There are allways pros and cons regarding a make of a pc. I'm used to Windows and Ubuntu (Like asus computers) - I think habits and purpose is what its about, but you can do what you want, on both systems.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Apple Engineer Talks About New 2016 Macbook Pro

So funny !
    Funny! This explains what he's actually talking about:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Risitas

Too bad he's not wearing a bee costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    I think habits and purpose is what its about, but you can do what you want, on both systems.
    Perhaps, but, when it comes to productivity in my field (graphic arts) ...
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

All my work requires using Office (Excel and Word) so Windows it is. I've been intrigued with Apple computers but the post-Jobs stuff seems to be all style and dongles over substance. I'll stick to Windows and PCs. I love my old iPad but the goddamn piece of runny shit that is iTunes wants to wipe it clean with new updates and syncs. Whenever we finally get around to getting new phones it'll be one with a headphone jack.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    All my work requires using Office (Excel and Word) so Windows it is. I've been intrigued with Apple computers but the post-Jobs stuff seems to be all style and dongles over substance. I'll stick to Windows and PCs. I love my old iPad but the goddamn piece of runny shit that is iTunes wants to wipe it clean with new updates and syncs. Whenever we finally get around to getting new phones it'll be one with a headphone jack.
    There is Office for Macs, ya know. But, hey, I understand that Windows was embraced a looong time ago by business. One of Apple's biggest mistakes was in not licensing their platform.

MS Office on a Mac is very problematic and unstable depending on versions and OS. We've purposefully kept staff on Office 2011 in our production office (iMacs running Mavericks) . . . mostly for just Outlook (campus uses Exchange) and Word. They are book designers and heavily utilize InDesign with massive font libraries (another sticky area) - - - but those Adobe products are pretty smooth themselves on a Mac.

I use Ableton Live for my music production at home - and went ahead building a new PC last year for this purpose. It's a fucking beast - and once inside of Ableton, performs no differently than on a Mac. That being said - I also use a big iMac for my photo post processing needs . . . it handles Photoshop and Lightroom perfectly. Not to mention my daughter and her iMovie adventures with some whopper 4k files off the GoPro Hero 4.

For general office productivity, web browsing, home use . . . a decent PC still remains your best value . . . but once you start getting specialized in artistic endeavours . . . a Mac really works better in my book.

Screw you, Apple, for not putting separate power and headphone jacks on the iPhone 7! Now I can no longer listen to something while charging my phone. I'm sure there's some proprietary splitter you'll sell me, but that's just an extra thing to keep track of, and I already have to keep track of the headphone adapter.

Plus, where are you suppoed to plug in your selfie stick now?

^^ And your Square for accepting credit card payments?
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

I just put together the fact that on the iPhone the Bandcamp app can't allow purchases with the fact that the Kindle app can't either. Apple hobbles the apps of their competitors. F you, Apple, don't sell a platform AND sell content, then prevent your platform users from doing what they need with your platform because you want to sell more content. Twats.

^^ Not an expert here, but I do know that Apple (and others, I assume) are beginning to police those who offer apps that have security vulnerabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    ^^ Not an expert here, but I do know that Apple (and others, I assume) are beginning to police those who offer apps that have security vulnerabilities.
    I don't think that's the case here. After posting the above I read a piece about it from a few years ago on BusinessInsider.com. According to the piece Apple demands a 30% cut, so it may be that Bandcamp and Amazon don't want to pay the 30%. You actually can purchase from both Bandcamp and Amazon if you use a web browser on the iPhone, so I'm not exactly clear on Apple's thinking but it seems they're making it harder for me to do what I want to do on their outrageously priced iPhones.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I'd just order in on a laptop and then access the collection via your iphone.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

The Google Pixel phone is highly rated and comes with a headphone jack. If you have Verizon you can get a pretty good deal on it.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I'd just order in on a laptop and then access the collection via your iphone.
    Yeah, as I said I can order on the web browser on my phone, but Apple is making me go to extra steps to do that when in most cases I find the album or book on the app, then have to switch to the browser, possibly log in, etc. The user experience ought to come before their desire to fleece Amazon and Bandcamp, who are also their customers CTTOI.

Just got an email about Apple HomePods!

“HomePod is built to bring out the best in Apple Music. Just ask Siri and you can play pretty much any song you can imagine.”

That’s amazing that they have things like Pye Fyte, the whole Cast discography, all the SI Music releases, all the Musea releases, etc. At least I’m assuming they do.

Is it Gene Wilder in Blazibg Saddles who says “I can imagine a lot?”

My brother asked me if I could stream most of my music collection. I'm still laughing about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    My brother asked me if I could stream most of my music collection. I'm still laughing about that.
    It’s amusing (and sad) how shallow the players in the music industry like Apple think most peoples’ musical taste is. And they’re probably right. I’d like to know what music there is in other genres like classical and jazz Apple Music doesn’t have. Probably a LOT of musicals that have been released too.

Apple Music has tons of Classic and Jazz and musicals. I have subscribed since the beginning list to obscure Jazz and Classical all the time. Must I am a music nut. Before downsizing to a Patio home I had three rooms of vinyl and CD’s ending up with 25,000 lp’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am trying this afternoon to update my music library on my iPad. As usual, iTunes has decided to freeze up numerous times, forget where my music was stored, and of course forget half the album art, not to mention the covers of half my iBooks. Next time I am flush I'm dumping the iPad and the iPhone, never to look back.

Has anyone else noticed it’s gotten harder recently to use and save photos you search for on iOS? Very hard to get a link to a jpg or gif.

Getting annoying that iTunes is deleting miscellaneous tunes from my playlists......this last one deleted every other tune......I now have to PRiNT out playlists so I can reference them to replace the deleted tunes......do not know which device is corrupting the database.....i suspect the iPhone 6......the iPods never created a problem......
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga