Thread: Robert Fripp - Live Chicago '79 DGM Live Download

Robert Fripp - Live Chicago '79 DGM Live Download

http://www.dgmlive.com/archive.htm?artist=25&show=1172
    Fellow progger and Crimhead Sid Smith highly recommends this show...Can't wait to hear it...Any fans????

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Do I gather correctly that he played 3 improvised Frippertronics pieces, then played all 3 of them back and soloed over them?

That was the nature of the '79 tour, yes. He also >gasp< spoke to the audience a fair amount.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    That was the nature of the '79 tour, yes. He also >gasp< spoke to the audience a fair amount.
    "Good evening, punks."

I saw him at the Washington Ethical Society in June of 79.
    Wonderful performance.
    They had tea and cookies in the entrance area and at one point Fripp unplugged and walked back for some refreshment while the loops played on.
    I had been "disrespecting the performance" ( my terms ) by satisfying my munchies at that time.
    It was a surprise to see him coming towards me. I thought I was going to get a lecture.
    Said hi and thanked him for the performance. He seemed pleased with the whole thing. Very relaxed.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain