Thread: A.C.T trifles and pandemonium live cd/dvd

A.C.T trifles and pandemonium live cd/dvd

hello folks.
    A.C.T have released their first live cd/dvd.they rented an empty warehouse and rigged a stage and played 18 songs from all their 5 albums,
    the songs were choosen by us the fans,and the result are fantastic.

here is a short trailer.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdH339nDKNU

here are the studio versions of a couple of songs that appear on the cd/dvd .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIvmvy1asqc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8x-jOUw9SQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDjXpQ9eutg

if you like the studio versions,you wont be dissapointed with the versions on the cd/dvd.
    and i am not connected to the band in any way,i just Think that they are a great band.
    cheers

That's really cool! I love A.C.T, they are a phenomenal group of musicians and make some great, catchy progressive pop.

A.C.T are truly an amazing band. So original and such great musicians.

A fantastic band and a killer dvd. Highly recommended!

Fantastic band and a killer dvd! Highly recommended!

yes they are really a great band,i bought my copies of the cd/dvd at a Concert with them,, they are also humble guys ,they sat down and talked to us after the set.
    wonderful band

I completely forgot about this! Found it on Spotify and I'm listening now. I'll be picking up the physical edition ASAP.

These guys are criminally underrepresented here in the US.

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Looks good.

I'm also very excited that Gordon Ramsey shows he is more then just a celebrity chef, he rocks too!
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

Mine won't play in my Blu-ray player. Not sure if this is a region issue or machine-related.

I am not sure if I will be buying this one, just because I generally do not enjoy Live albums as much as studio.

That said, I love A.C,T. The End was my favorite song from 2014, and any time I am just in a mood to test the limits of my radio, I play it, LOUD.

I own a copy of each of their CD's. Imaginary Friends and Silence are favorites along with Circus Pandemonium. I will probably buy it, but just not an autobuy. Now if they come out with a new studio album, it will be an autobuy.

^^ I know what you mean for the most part, but sometimes I do enjoy live albums as much as studio recordings. Depends on the performance I suppose (and audio quality).

After listening to some of the songs from Trifles And Pandemonium on Spotify, the sound is excellent and it's very cool to hear some slightly different arrangements for these songs I was already so familiar with. There's a very short passage in "The End" that has an underlying chord progression that I never even noticed until hearing the live version. Very cool!

I'm totally with you on any new studio albums being an autobuy. Glad to see these guys are continuing to play together.

Ok, I'm definitely interested, but where can I buy it? There doesn't seem to be any mention of this anywhere on the Youtube video/page or their Facebook page and I can't find it on Amazon (US or UK) or Laser's Edge... and a search on Google doesn't turn up anything either. Is there a Blu-ray version or just the DVD?

Quote Originally Posted by PixelDelirium View Post
    Ok, I'm definitely interested, but where can I buy it? There doesn't seem to be any mention of this anywhere on the Youtube video/page or their Facebook page and I can't find it on Amazon (US or UK) or Laser's Edge... and a search on Google doesn't turn up anything either. Is there a Blu-ray version or just the DVD?
    Actually, I haven't been able to find the DVD myself yet either.

I think the video is only DVD -- didn't see mention of a Blu-ray anywhere in the publicity materials.

Any luck finding a copy, Pixel?

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Any luck finding a copy, Pixel?
    I found a copy of it on Amazon last week. It wasn't clear what version it was though. It said 2 discs but I didn't know if it was CD/DVD or what. I ordered it anyway and it turned out to be 2 CDs. I don't have that much time to watch music DVDs or Blu-rays lately so I'm OK with that. I did find some mention of the existence of a Blu-ray version of this on one site but I have no idea where to buy it. What an odd release.

Here's the link to it on Amazon.

^^^ Thanks for the link. I got a CD copy from Amazon as well, and it's pretty great.

It would be cool to see a Blu-ray of the performance, but I'll have to find it first I guess.

It should be noted that the Live DVD was not in front of an audience, but staged as live in a controlled setting free of typical live sound issues, so the sound and mix are on par with their studio cds.

That said, I want to buy it, but I have yet to see it being sold by NA vendors, so I will patiently wait for the region free version, if it ever happens.