Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: GAME OF THRONES: Season 7 Discussion

My daughter seems to think that Tyrion is also a Targaryen since he was able to free the dragons without becoming a snack.

Bill
    She'll be standing on the bar soon
    With a fish head and a harpoon
    and a fake beard plastered on her brow.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Do you look out the window while the show is on?
    There are a lot of old guys in the show who look pretty similar to me, so I wasn't sure who that was in that brief scene. Until the last few episodes, I think they'd hardly shown him for a long time. Also, I've never made that much of an effort to retain the whole thing - I mostly just watch because my son likes to watch it with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Adm.Kirk View Post
    My daughter seems to think that Tyrion is also a Targaryen since he was able to free the dragons without becoming a snack.

Bill
    One of the theories among book readers is that Martin has left clues that Tyrion is in fact the result of a Targaryen raping his mother. Which explains a lot about Tyrion's tepid relations with his father and sister.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Nice of Tommen to finally explain the mysterious name of his city.
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

For the most part I loved the episode. My one problem…….how did they find all of the little kids that were capable of murdering people? Was I missing a plotline somewhere, where those kids had a reason to do what they did?

Other than that I really enjoyed the finale and it definitely sets up some interesting scenarios for next season.

Those little kids were Varys' "little birds" who were won over by Circe. The maester gave them candy in an earlier episode to do whatever was asked of them.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    My one problem…….how did they find all of the little kids that were capable of murdering people? Was I missing a plotline somewhere, where those kids had a reason to do what they did?
    Perhaps they were unaccounted for Baratheon bastards.

Truthfully it had something to do with Qyburn. The kids were part of his network of spies. He was sort of like Dickens' Fagin, except not as humorous.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Elf View Post
    Truthfully it had something to do with Qyburn. The kids were part of his network of spies. He was sort of like Dickens' Fagin, except not as humorous.
    Or like Sherlock Holmes' Baker Street Irregulars, the kids who gathered info for him.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Wonderful episode, Arya is going to be so bad ass, I'm liking Sansa more and more. Cersei is such a monster, now she has no kids left.
    It is now obvious to me that Arya is going to kill Cersei, then rip her mask off and smile at Jon and Sansa and Daenarys in the very last episode.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Those little kids were Varys' "little birds" who were won over by Circe. The maester gave them candy in an earlier episode to do whatever was asked of them.
    Ahh.....yup, I remember that. Thanks!

I found this to be a pretty interesting article: http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...t-show/489305/

BTW.....it is all over Facebook tonight regarding a chart that HBO has released that reveals for sure who John Snow's father is.

Our small rural cable company ran all the premium channels for free for the last month. Being HBO ran a marathon of all the GoT episodes I DVRed seasons five and six. In many ways, five is a real clusterfuck - so many ridiculous deviations from the books. The one that really worked was that Hardhome episode. DAMN, now that's how to get it done. And from what I understand, season six works far better.

My hats off to Lena Headey's body double and her workout regimen. That was one serious booty.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Myself, I hated Hardhome!

I don't trust HBO to reveal stuff that GRRM has not written yet, that simple. So many BS traits about the White Walkers, starting with the fact that they are all of a sudden swift, instead of the slow and plodding zombie creatures they are supposed to be.

OTOH, for those who would like to see one of the main inspirations for ASOIF: The Hollow Crown on PBS.

Benedict Cumberbatch alone would do the trick for me, but this 3 part Shakespeare tale about the War of the Roses is stellar. The Lancasters (Lannisters) and the Yorks (Starks), Queen Margaret (Cersei) and Richard III (Tyrion) are just so well done!

8 out of 8 Kingdoms for a Horse!
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

^^^ The Hollow Crown is excellent indeed, but is seven parts thus far, in case you missed series one (Richard II, Henry IV parts I+II, Henry V) ... stellar cast, acting, and cinematography.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Oooh, going to check that one out. Looks like there's also one with Tom Hiddleston.
    Last edited by NogbadTheBad; 01-11-2017 at 09:44 AM.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Oh no! The guy who played the giant died at age 36! I guess he wasn't needed anymore for Game of Thrones, but it was sad when he died in the show...

https://nyti.ms/2lOcCwo

Do we need a new thread for this season?

I will edit the title of this thread. T-3 hours!
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

I'm so excited! Have a bottle of this decanting while I wait....

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Bell's Two Hearted Ale for me. Cheers!

Well, that was a season opener that did not disappoint!

The North remembers!

Wow, is all I can say. Amazing first episode.

Do the books taunt you with so little of the white walkers?