Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: GAME OF THRONES: Season 7 Discussion

GAME OF THRONES: Season 7 Discussion

Moderator edit:

I updated the title of this thread to say "Season 7 Discussion" so this thread could just move forward as is. It's a move worthy of a Lannister.

__________________________________________________ __________________________

Well, it all kicks off tonight in T-minus 3.5 hours. Hard to believe that time went by so quickly....

My wife and I are prepared with a couple of bottles of pricer-than-usual wine that we are referring to as 'Dornish Red' (as in the books... can't remember if they've mentioned Dornish Red in the TV series).

Anyway, it has now reached the point where we are moving beyond the written page and nobody really knows what is to come! Should prove interesting.

Okay Melisandre. Let's get you out of those clothes...
    Last edited by Poisoned Youth; 07-16-2017 at 06:11 PM. Reason: updated thread title
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Well that was a surprise.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Well that was a surprise.
    Which part?
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Melisandra, going to be lots the different threads going on over the next few weeks, lord I hope Ramsey dies soon.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

That necklace...reminds me of many drunken mornings waking up next to a gal who I really thought was hot as shit

I already can't wait until next week. So glad this shows back.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

She didn't raise Jon from the dead, as expected, well not yet anyway. So far, the first show, and 2 people have been killed and one nudie scene. It's baaaack.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

At least three dead last night, the Dorne Prince, his son & his chief bodyguard.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    lord I hope Ramsey dies soon.
    He's so much more likeable as Ash on "Vicious"!

Interesting article, and I largely agree:

http://www.vulture.com/2016/04/game-...-going-on.html

Really enjoyed the first episode, will watch again tonight. I loved it when Brienne came to the rescue and Melisandre showed us her real self. I saw an interview with co creator David Benioff, he said GOT will conclude with Season 8.

He's alive!!
    Ian

Yep, and Roose Bolton and Balon Greyjoy are dead.

Bran is WAY too old looking now, it's a bit ridiculous at this point.

For a minute there I thought the show was going to end without him opening his eyes...bastards!

Thats my theory: Daenerys and Snow will meet, fall in love and they will broduce dragon snow babies, which would conquer the south and the north. Children will be resistant to fire and will be able to kill white walkers!!!!

Fire and Ice

Makes sense....good theory, I've thought that also.

Somehow though I think Arya is going to play an important role in the final outcome.

Guy at work has a theory that Tyrion is actually a Targaryen, which became a bit easier to believe this past week when he was able to calm and unshackle the dragons.

I'm still holding out hope that Stoneheart will be in the show at some point, seeking vengeance against Brienne. Those who haven't read the books may not know who that is, but trust me, she'd be an amazing character on the series.

Good episode. A bit of vengeance there at the end that I liked.

Quieter than usual but lots of good stuff going on.
    Ian

They are spoiling to show Jon's origins methinks.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Great episode tonight... loved the discussion between Cersei/Jaime and Olenna. And everything happening with Jon/Sansa as well as the evil Ramsey (R.I.P. Osha!)

... as for Daenerys... what an ending. Looks like she has an army again.

Hold the door... hold the door... hold the door.... hold the door

Holy shit.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

That was pretty crazy.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I imbibed a bit too heavily during a couple of recent episodes, so this past Sunday night I couldn't figure out who the hell those "people" were who were helping them escape through the back of that tree or whatever. I still don't know who the hell they are! It just increases the fantasy. Yeah, that's it! That WAS a really good episode.

^^^^^

They are the Coachella