Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: GAME OF THRONES: Season 7 Discussion

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Looked like the Magnificent Seven protecting the village.

So Little Finger is plotting against Arya, I hope she gets him.

Nice to see The Hound back.

Did anyone think Jamie was dead?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Great episode. Not a ton of action but moving everything forward considerably. This Littlefinger situation is worrying.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

If Sam wasn't being so pissy and was listening to Gilly, he would have learned something huge...
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Enjoyed all the reunions.

Jamie and Tyrion.

Jorah and Dany.

Davos and Gendry(!)

The Hound + Jon + Gendry + Red Priest etc... quite the posse.

A little surprised that Cersei will meet Dany, and won't that be some scene....
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

So....is Cersei really pregnant? Or was that a ruse, to bring back Jaime's loyalty?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I think it is a ruse. The prophecy said she would only have three children and besides, she's a little long in the tooth to be fertile.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    If Sam wasn't being so pissy and was listening to Gilly, he would have learned something huge...
    I think they deliberately wanted it to be mentioned in passing, of course everyone jumped all over it
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I never noticed until the credits last night that Lord Glover is played by Tim McInnerny.

I never noticed until the credits last night that Lord Glover is played by Tim McInnerny.
    I keep expecting him to breakout in Blackadder quotes.
    Ian

And Dany may have been on to it when she witnessed her dragon's reaction to Jon.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I was wishing Arya would just kill littlefinger.

Cersei: Hot or Not?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I was wishing Arya would just kill littlefinger.
    I'm pretty sure that note that he planted for her to read was the one Cersei made Sansa write when she was at King's Landing, urging Robb to bend the knee to Joffrey.

Not. But she's supposed to be immensely beautiful. Great actress however.

I'm pretty sure that note that he planted for her to read was the one Cersei made Sansa write when she was at King's Landing, urging Robb to bend the knee to Joffrey.
    That's what was posted on-line this week, that was the note Sansa wrote to Rob. Littlefinger looking to cause Sansa issues.
    Ian

So they pop up out of the water....a few hundred yards from where they fell in? Okay that strained credulity.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    So they pop up out of the water....a few hundred yards from where they fell in? Okay that strained credulity.
    My first thought as well. There's just a ton of these little things this season. The writers are just short-handing so many things. People travel hundreds of miles in the blink of an eye: Jon Snow from Dragonstone to Eastwatch, Dany's army from Dragonstone to High Garden, Arya from the Riverlands up to Winterfell, Jorah from Oldtown to Dragonstone. I get why they're doing it but it's just irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    My first thought as well. There's just a ton of these little things this season. The writers are just short-handing so many things. People travel hundreds of miles in the blink of an eye: Jon Snow from Dragonstone to Eastwatch, Dany's army from Dragonstone to High Garden, Arya from the Riverlands up to Winterfell, Jorah from Oldtown to Dragonstone. I get why they're doing it but it's just irritating.
    I was thinking the same thing about travel. In the most recent episode they also talked about Bran living beyond the wall for several years. That sense of time was not conveyed (to me anyway) as I watched the series. But I only started binge-watching them last winter. I'm sure this was much clearer to those who read the books.
    <sig out of order>

These types of shows always have timescale issues, you really want to spend 3 episodes watching Arya riding towards Winterfell or Jon sitting on a boat looking bored?
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    These types of shows always have timescale issues, you really want to spend 3 episodes watching Arya riding towards Winterfell or Jon sitting on a boat looking bored?
    LOL

I do agree that it's getting a little rushed, the most egregious is how the Magnificent Seven just traveled from Dragonstone to the Wall in a matter of moments, apparently deciding not to stop at Winterfell. And we're talking about something like 1,500 miles for the trip, right? It does seem like the plot is almost out of order - or at the very least awfully inconvenient -to have to go back to the wall just to have to travel south to Kings Landing again.

Oh well, I suppose if Jamie can appear 100 yards from where he fell in the water, anything is possible. Objects are closer than they appear.

With all that said, while the show is feeling "rushed", that's also in part that virtually all the characters (who haven't already died) are now consolidated in just a few locations. At one point, there were so many characters to follow that when someone left for travel you just assumed you wouldn't see them for an episode or two.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    I do agree that it's getting a little rushed, the most egregious is how the Magnificent Seven just traveled from Dragonstone to the Wall in a matter of moments, apparently deciding not to stop at Winterfell. And we're talking about something like 1,500 miles for the trip, right? It does seem like the plot is almost out of order - or at the very least awfully inconvenient -to have to go back to the wall just to have to travel south to Kings Landing again.
    Without doubt, HBO has decided to compress travel time for the purpose of getting the show over with within the limited episodes that remain. But Jon, Davos and Jorah actually took a ship to Eastwatch and they went through the Wall there, completely bypassing Winterfell. (Which is likely the reason this episode was called "Eastwatch.")

All traveling on the HBO version of the show I've always assumed to be deleted by their writers to push their version of the story forward. Just the opposite of GRRM come to think of it, who can't write about character travels without having to describe every delicious hot pie along the way, which may be why the books ain't done yet, all these decades later.
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    I do agree that it's getting a little rushed, the most egregious is how the Magnificent Seven just traveled from Dragonstone to the Wall in a matter of moments, apparently deciding not to stop at Winterfell.
    I also don't remember them explaining how or why The Hound and those other guys were captured and locked up. Did they?

Not. But she's supposed to be immensely beautiful. Great actress however.
    Yeah, I thought it was a little unrealistic how that dude was so hot for her suddenly. Maybe he just wants to be king. Jamie of course thinks she's hot because she's taboo. Or is supposed to be. BTW, what did she say to indicate she was pregnant. I got it but I somehow missed the words she spoke.

BTW, what did she say to indicate she was pregnant. I got it but I somehow missed the words she spoke.
    It's funny, I missed that line as well. Earlier I had to explain a couple lines to my wife (English being a second language for her), but when that moment came she knew immediately and had to explain it to me as I had somehow missed it.
    <sig out of order>