Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: GAME OF THRONES: Season 7 Discussion

Another shocker with the Arya scene...though in retrospect I shoulda seen it coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

I'm a total n00b - this is my first season watching - so I'm all confused and stuff. But my girlfriend is a major fan and has been walking me through it. Absolutely love the show. Great characters and it's impressive how something major happens every episode.

Last night, I loved that little 10 year old Queen of Mormont - she was a badass!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Ian McShane lasts one episode, love it.
    Yeah, a true waste.

All to show us what, that The Hound still has hate in his heart?

“Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

Banned
    Yes, Ian was great on Deadwood. This was not a part for him to sink his teeth in before he died. Too bad.

Hey - you know Arya's gonna be alright! All in all a relative snoozer - a set-up episode.

So the Mother of Dragon's is going to team up with the new shite king of the Iron Isle? Meh.

Wow...that's some tolerance for pain Arya has
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    That's what I was thinking, slice her guts up and run across a city. I love The Hound.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Poor Cersei. So sure she was all set with The Mountain. Little did she know her son was about to outlaw trial by combat.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

The Hound is awesome aint he? There's no squaring off...just full speed, straight ahead weapon swingin' with no regard of consequences

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Wow...that's some tolerance for pain Arya has
    I thought the whole chase scene with Ayra was ridiculous. For someone who had been gut stabbed several times it was a bit far-fetched to have her running and tumbling through the streets like that. It seemed just to be inserted as filler in order to have an action / chase scene. Maybe it is just me, but this show seems to have more moments like this currently than in previous seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I thought the whole chase scene with Ayra was ridiculous. For someone who had been gut stabbed several times it was a bit far-fetched to have her running and tumbling through the streets like that. It seemed just to be inserted as filler in order to have an action / chase scene. Maybe it is just me, but this show seems to have more moments like this currently than in previous seasons.
    It takes a lot for me to complain, but I thought this was pretty ridiculous too and I was disappointed. I don't recall any other moments like this though this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    It takes a lot for me to complain, but I thought this was pretty ridiculous too and I was disappointed. I don't recall any other moments like this though this season.
    I actually thought the scene last week when she got stabbed 3 times in the stomach, then fell off a bridge into a river, the was able to crawl up on shore was a bit out there too. I mean, they made it a point to show her being stabbed multiple times right in her mid-section.

Where the hell is Melisandre?
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I actually thought the scene last week when she got stabbed 3 times in the stomach, then fell off a bridge into a river, the was able to crawl up on shore was a bit out there too. I mean, they made it a point to show her being stabbed multiple times right in her mid-section.
    I guess once they bring Jon Snow back from the dead, surviving a stab in the gut is nothing lol.

I agree with the sentiment, but I will say in one small line of defense that we don't know how much time passed between the stabbing and the chase scene. It could have been a little while. Additionally, she was blind...then not and we were led to believe that was some form of magic. It's still, considering the context, pretty hard to swallow.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

I wonder if little George RR is going to steal the show's small stories, and embellish them in his next few books, or if he is likely to take things in a somewhat different direction? If he does the Arya chase scene it is likely to have a bit more blood and pain associated with it I would think. I mean ... at what point will he stop feeding HBO his story line and let them make it up on their own?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I wonder if little George RR is going to steal the show's small stories, and embellish them in his next few books, or if he is likely to take things in a somewhat different direction? If he does the Arya chase scene it is likely to have a bit more blood and pain associated with it I would think. I mean ... at what point will he stop feeding HBO his story line and let them make it up on their own?
    I have to believe RR is still consulting and pointing them in certain directions.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    I guess once they bring Jon Snow back from the dead, surviving a stab in the gut is nothing lol.

I agree with the sentiment, but I will say in one small line of defense that we don't know how much time passed between the stabbing and the chase scene. It could have been a little while. Additionally, she was blind...then not and we were led to believe that was some form of magic. It's still, considering the context, pretty hard to swallow.
    Yeah, Arya's chase scene was really hard to "stomach."

Snow had the Red Priestess and her magic to explain his miracle. And that was in line with GRRM, considering what we know about Beric and in the book with Lady Stoneheart.

Arya though? If she had made it to Jaqen's holy wading pool at some point, maybe things would make a little more sense?

Edmure easily surrendering his castle and his men did not go down the gullet all that well either. The Blackfish goes down off camera?

Not one of the better episodes, but I am willing to swallow it and forget it as long as Roose's Bastard dies a death worse then skinning soon...
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

This Sunday's episode is titled Battle Of The Bastards. Looks like a Jon and Ramsey showdown is on the horizon... historically, episode nine of each season is where the major shit really goes down.

Lordy I hope Ramsey dies.
    Ian

The weird thing is, the final episode of British comedy series Vicious airs one hour before GOT does... I will be watching the actor playing Ramsey in two roles that could not be more opposite, back-to-back!

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Lordy I hope Ramsey dies.
    When he goes it is definitely going to be something appropriately horrific, I'm sure. It's definitely not going to be a quick sword through the belly. Don't be surprised if Sansa jumps out of a closet and skewers him from behind, or something similar.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Bring on the battle of the bastards!

Yay! Ramsey is dead!

Jon Snow is crap at strategy, this is the second battle they've had were the cavalry has arrived just in the nick of time. Would have been more effective if they'd had them hidden at the start of the battle. What does Little Finger want? Sansa as his wife now she's a widow?
    Ian

WOW what an episode!

At least Rickon made it to a teenager on the show. He was only about four years old in the books. Shame about the giant too... loved seeing Ramsey eaten alive... so satisfying.

As for what Littlefinger wants, I think we're going to find out in episode 10... at least, that's what I gathered from the preview before I hit 'mute' (not a fan of previews usually)....

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post

Maybe Milk of the Poppy is more than we think it is - magic!

I did like Sansa's little smile as she walked away from Ramsey being eaten by his hounds.
    Ian