Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: GAME OF THRONES: Season 7 Discussion

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Now it all makes sense!

*Awesome* episode... some major storyline advancements. True, there was no Jon Snow/Theon/Asha/Sansa/Ramsay aspect tonight, or Tyrion, but basically everything else I wanted to see was covered. Many awesome scenes, and I'm SO glad Margaery is out of prison. She was being wasted there, I need to see her in a position of relative power again (oooo 'er, missus!)

And Daenerys... what can I say...
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    And Uncle Benji is back!! And Dragons are back!!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    And Uncle Benji is back!! And Dragons are back!!
    I knew it was Benjin the moment I saw him. My wife thought it was Coldhands.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I could have done without Dany's corny, rousing speech (can't stand those) but thought it was another great episode. Love that Benjin's back and part White Walker. I'm also kind of glad to see Arya give up the Many Faced God thing...hope she takes out blondie in their sure to come battle. Also looking forward to see what happens when Jamie and Brienne meet up in Riverrun.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Banned
    ^^^
    I agree. F**k the many faced God and all the other gods while we're at it. I also hope the Lannisters crush those self-righteous sparrow shits as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I could have done without Dany's corny, rousing speech (can't stand those) but thought it was another great episode. Love that Benjin's back and part White Walker. I'm also kind of glad to see Arya give up the Many Faced God thing...hope she takes out blondie in their sure to come battle. Also looking forward to see what happens when Jamie and Brienne meet up in Riverrun.
    I have not read the books, but was there any point to the many face god thing? Maybe I am missing something, but it seems like a pointless sidetrack.

How can Benhin be "part" white walker? Did not really get that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I knew it was Benjin the moment I saw him. My wife thought it was Coldhands.
    I always assumed they were one and the same, even if that reveal hasn't happened in the books yet.

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    I always assumed they were one and the same, even if that reveal hasn't happened in the books yet.
    Benioff referred to BenJin as "Coldhands" in the aftershow.

Damn, I was hoping for a Natalie Dormer walk of atonement.
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    ^^^
    I agree. F**k the many faced God and all the other gods while we're at it. I also hope the Lannisters crush those self-righteous sparrow shits as well...
    I guess just don't answer if this is inviting a spoiler, but are Margaery and Tommen supposed to actually be falling for the Sparrows' dogma, or are they faking it for some reason? But wouldn't they have wanted to be rescued if they hadn't fallen for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Benioff referred to BenJin as "Coldhands" in the aftershow.
    Yes, I either forgot they were one and the same, or it went over my head. Either way, cool to have him back!

Damn, I was hoping for a Natalie Dormer walk of atonement.
    You and me both. That was a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I guess just don't answer if this is inviting a spoiler, but are Margaery and Tommen supposed to actually be falling for the Sparrows' dogma, or are they faking it for some reason? But wouldn't they have wanted to be rescued if they hadn't fallen for it?
    There are no spoilers from here on out, this season is all new to book and non-book readers alike!

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    My guess is Margaery thinks she has more GAME then the High Sparrow and she thinks she can play him. Sparrow thinks much the same thing. Margaery knows that and wants to play him anyway. Sparrow knows that she knows that he knows and it keeps going like that. For awhile....
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

My guess is Margaery thinks she has more GAME then the High Sparrow and she thinks she can play him. Sparrow thinks much the same thing. Margaery knows that and wants to play him anyway. Sparrow knows that she knows that he knows and it keeps going like that. For awhile....
    That's kind of what I thought - but what about Tommen? Just following Margaery like a lap dog?

Banned
    I agree with the previous reply. If I were to place a bet I'd say Margery and the Lannisters will get the best of the Sparrows, but maybe I'm just predicting what I want to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    How can Benhin be "part" white walker? Did not really get that either.
    He talked about how he was going to become a White Walker, but the children of the forest stopped the change by stabbing him with dragon glass. Not sure if that's exactly what was said, but in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    How can Benhin be "part" white walker?
    Uh, one of his parents was a white walker, the other wasn't?

He talked about how he was going to become a White Walker, but the children of the forest stopped the change by stabbing him with dragon glass. Not sure if that's exactly what was said, but in a nutshell.
    Ok, that kind of rings a bell with me. This show is so detailed it is hard to remember everything that has happened.

No shit! I have to watch every episode at least twice for my pea brain to try and process it all

No shit! I have to watch every episode at least twice for my pea brain to try and process it all
    That's what I should do.

Our FIOS is out tonight because of a storm. Damn!

Some more major plot advancements tonight. Good episode, I was surprised at the Arya scene at the end!

62 Mormont soldiers.

I hope Arya survives. No idea the Hound survived, pleased to see him back and looking pissed.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I hope Arya survives. No idea the Hound survived, pleased to see him back and looking pissed.
    Yeah, that's gotta be the first time they've ever shown an intro scene *before* the credits!

Ian McShane lasts one episode, love it.
    Ian

Ian McShane lasts one episode, love it.
    You just posted what I was going to post. Still miss Deadwood......