Thread: Jon Anderson talks of upcoming plans with Ponty and AWR

Jon Anderson talks of upcoming plans with Ponty and AWR

There are so many Anderson threads right now, and since this interview deals with both his work with Ponty as well as Wakeman/Rabin, I wasn't sure where to place this. So I gave up and started a new Jon thread....

This is a pretty interesting interview. The highlights to me are when he talks of possible upcoming plans:

On his working with Ponty - new music and maybe working with an orchestra:
    “We wrote about four songs late last year, and in January, we wrote a couple more. So it’s like we’re always thinking about the next step.”

Another possible scenario has the band recording with an orchestra. “I think we’d like that. Jean-Luc comes from a very classical background, and I’m very interested in that world and that style of music, so who knows? It’s going to be a very busy year coming up. We’ll see if we can find some time to record next year.”

On his working with Wakeman and Rabin:
    “Me, Trevor, and Rick Wakeman are working on a project, and that’s going to be coming out, probably in October. It’s an actual thing that’s happening. I’m always in touch with Rick, and I went to go see Trevor working on a movie a couple of years ago.”

They’ll be touring the U.S. in October and November, when the new record drops. “We’ll be doing two or three songs from Talk when we tour later this year. For me, it was music that was never fully realized. If you think about it, musicians go into a studio to record songs, and then they head out on the road on tour. When we did the Talk album, we only did one tour for it, and sometimes it takes more than a couple of tours to really find out about the music.”

Full interview here: http://www.playbackstl.com/play-by-p...-21st-century/

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post

They’ll be touring the U.S. in October and November, when the new record drops. “We’ll be doing two or three songs from Talk when we tour later this year.
    I bet Henry is disappointed they are only playing two or three songs from Talk.

So, maybe two from 90125, one from Union ("Lift Me Up") two from Talk. That's five songs from the Rabin era then four new songs plus some 70s Yes - "Ritual"

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    They’ll be touring the U.S. in October and November, when the new record drops. “We’ll be doing two or three songs from Talk when we tour later this year. For me, it was music that was never fully realized.
    Hopefully they play Endless Dream. That is a great song.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

Im out of the loop a bit. AWR is actually going to tour this year?
    For me , Anderson is the most interesting at the moment out of the Yes camp. Yes itself ,currently, is more of the same old. Anderson , is at least mixing it up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    Im out of the loop a bit. AWR is actually going to tour this year?
    For me , Anderson is the most interesting at the moment out of the Yes camp. Yes itself ,currently, is more of the same old. Anderson , is at least mixing it up a little.
    Yes is in such bad shape that all of this JA stuff seems very interesting especially for me the new "Knowledge" album---that seems like the best idea---getting together with great musicians and making new prog---not a big fan of yes west or Talk for that matter---but maybe will try to see them for JA and Rick.