Thread: Hawkwind new studio album number 18 on official mid weeks

Hawkwind new studio album number 18 on official mid weeks

Wish us luck guys, our new Hawkwind studio album 'The Machine Stops' is number 18 on the official midweek charts in the UK with the full week charts published tommorrow evening, really hoping for a top 30 for the guys

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
    Wish us luck guys, our new Hawkwind studio album 'The Machine Stops' is number 18 on the official midweek charts in the UK with the full week charts published tommorrow evening, really hoping for a top 30 for the guys
    Bravo to you Esoteric and to all at Cherry Red!
    To be or not to be? That is the point. - Harry Nilsson.

Thanks Steve, fingers crossed

The promotion around the new one has been impressive. Hopefully the timing is right for a Hawkwind resurgence!
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Cool, good luck!

Came in at 29:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/albums

Well done Vicky. We are a long way from 70s-level sales now (the days when 'Silver Machine' was a huge hit), but these are still relevant to what everyone else is selling, so acts with loyal fanbases end up on the album charts again.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Congratulations to Hawkwind and Cherry Red. Been a fan of Hawkwind since the early '70s. The thread reminded me of this song:

We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

This album has been getting some great reviews in the UK music tabloids!

Banned
    amazing album been spinning it,last day or so very very good!

Congratulations on the chart placement! We flew to the UK for my 50th birthday, so I picked up my copy at Fopp on Byres Road in Glasgow on release day and then went and saw the band play at the O2 ABC that night, all thanks to my wonderful girlfriend. Hawkwind were in great form - it was lovely to see Dave animated and smiling through the whole show and I felt that the inclusion of Haz Wheaton has transformed the whole sound - as well as being a great bass player who has obvious chemistry with Dave, his inclusion has freed up Mr Dibs to focus on the singing and narration which has raised Dibs' performance so that he's shining as the front man now. This is as good as I've heard Hawkwind sound for quite some time - no wonder Dave looks like he's having a blast. I really enjoyed the show and meeting up with friends in Glasgow. I didn't get a chance to play the album until we got back to the US and the first impression of the songs that I got from the concert remains - it's a fine album - at least as good as anything back as far as Xenon Codex. For those counting, that's nearly 30 years ago. It's not going to take the listener to uncharted territory, but fans of Hawkwind will be very pleased by this album. It deserves its place on the chart. Hurrah!

Quote Originally Posted by DrGoon View Post
    It's not going to take the listener to uncharted territory, but fans of Hawkwind will be very pleased by this album. It deserves its place on the chart. Hurrah!
    Don't know but I've been extremely deceived (as with Brock's solo "Brockworld" from some months ago). If you tell me that their gig consisted mainly of performing stuff from "The Machine Stops" I'll think to skip their gig in May.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Shipping soon from Amazon....
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Congrats and thanks for another quality autobuy from Esoteric!
    To be or not to be? That is the point. - Harry Nilsson.

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    Don't know but I've been extremely deceived (as with Brock's solo "Brockworld" from some months ago). If you tell me that their gig consisted mainly of performing stuff from "The Machine Stops" I'll think to skip their gig in May.
    The gig consists of a straight run-through of the new album in its entirety followed by a handful of 'classics'. 75% new therefore.