Thread: Marillion Weekends 2017

Marillion Weekends 2017

Dear All

We have announced the dates of our first two Marillion Weekends in Holland and the UK.

Owing to the fact that we are doing a North American tour in October/November this year and will hopefully do another one in 2017, we will not be having a Montreal Weekend for 2017.

We would very much like to do a third convention in Lodz, Poland on the weekend of 7th/8th./9th April 2017. But before we commit to it, we need to have a rough idea of how many of you would attend to see if it's feasible. Please take a moment to head over to https://surveyplanet.com/5710bd0be1a6e9b176cc9ad8 and vote simply 'yes' or 'no'.

Many thanks

The Marillion Weekend Team

... oh well, I'm not bothered, I went to all four Montreal weekends and I've basically had my fill. I'll be catching the Toronto show this year on Halloween anyway. Sucks though, for those who never made it to Montreal weekend and were hoping to go next time.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

we are doing a North American tour in October/November this year and will hopefully do another one in 2017
    Heck yeah, would love to have another NA tour in 2017.
    ...or you could love

I've also been to all four weekends. I would've gone if there was a fifth, but it's getting tougher to justify the expense every time. Montreal is a tremendous city but it's very expensive. I'll see them once or twice on this current tour and love to see them come back in 2017. The new album will be out in time for the tour so hopefully new music will be played!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I'm already booked on CTTE anyway. I only went to one Montreal Weekend (2011) though I went to the one in Bristol in 2005 too. I actually hope to go to one in the Netherlands one day with the family.

I feel like the Blu-Rays keep me in touch, and I'll get to at least two U.S. shows this year.

Quote Originally Posted by schlongasaurus View Post
    I've also been to all four weekends. I would've gone if there was a fifth, but it's getting tougher to justify the expense every time. Montreal is a tremendous city but it's very expensive. I'll see them once or twice on this current tour and love to see them come back in 2017. The new album will be out in time for the tour so hopefully new music will be played!

Yeah, I'm the same way. I would have gone to a fifth one, but mostly because my wife loves it so much. I'm more than fine with the one show this fall in Toronto. I don't have to travel anywhere, and the next time we do travel it's going to be somewhere other than Montreal for once!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Great decision. The weekends seem nice and all, but I'd much rather have another NA tour instead.

You guys / gals should actually do the Weekend that is in Holland (I call it and the band sees it as the flagship weekend) ... those are incredibly fun. Imagine a really nice holiday parc with all chalets filled with Marillion fans, so everywhere you are you meet people that have a love of Marillion in common. Pretty special atmosphere. Been to all editions there and if all goes to plan I will be there next time, hopefully with the same group as last time. I think haven't laughed that much in one weekend in my entire life during the previous weekend.

You're absolutely right, Chris!!! The Dutch Weekend is so much fun!

For the people who are not 'convinced' yet, go read my blog about the 2015 Weekend: https://grendelhq.wordpress.com/2015...5-20-22-march/

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ier View Post
    You're absolutely right, Chris!!! The Dutch Weekend is so much fun!

For the people who are not 'convinced' yet, go read my blog about the 2015 Weekend: https://grendelhq.wordpress.com/2015...5-20-22-march/
    I'll read it. as I mentioned, I was at the 2005 weekend in Bristol (at the Minehead Butlin's "resort"), and while the Butlin's club was pretty crappy itself, it was still a very special atmosphere. I have heard the Holland place is MUCH nicer, so I hope to experience it one day.

^^ I remember when the weekend moved away from Butlins to Port Zelande, the Netherlands that a lot of UK attendants were complaining but they all stopped once they had been there for half a day :-).

Have to say though that Port Zelande could do with a bit of renovation because the years begin to show.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post

Have to say though that Port Zelande could do with a bit of renovation because the years begin to show.
    Then they'd have to name it New Zelande.

^^ Let me tell you a secret: the whole park is technically not in Zeeland (which is a province of The Netherlands) but in the most southern part of the province Zuid Holland. It is however right on the doorstep of Zeeland.