Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: East of Eden

Quote Originally Posted by Calabasas_Trafalgar View Post
    The singer you see on the German TV broadcast is NOT Dave Jack. It's Norman(or Garth)Watt-Roy, who was in the band briefly but didn't record with them. .
    Of the Greatest Show on Earth fame.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Actually, Norman and Garth Watt Roy were brothers and both were with the Greatest Show on Earth. Garth's the one who played with East of Eden (and guested as vocalist on Steamhammer's last album) while Norman's the one who found success as longtime member of Ian Dury and the Blockheads.

Quote Originally Posted by Calabasas_Trafalgar View Post
    The singer you see on the German TV broadcast is NOT Dave Jack. It's Norman(or Garth)Watt-Roy, who was in the band briefly but didn't record with them. While I see the Winwood, Bruce and Rodgers comparisons, to me Jack sounds like Ian Anderson right off of Benefit. And I wouldn't regard anything on the s/t as filler, it's pretty much superb. Much different from Mercator and Snafu, but I'd rank it first in a heartbeat.
    I know it wasn't since the bass player on that Broadcast isn't singing... And there were two singers on that broadcast, too

Yeah, I guess Anderson is another "Influence" on DJ
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

1973 saw Dave Arbus replaced by Joe O'Donnell

Joe, himself, released an album called Gaodhals Vision.

At 70 Joe still has a band today, Shkayla, some great releases can be found at Silvery Records

...and Arbus reunited East of Eden in the late 90s with core members Ron Caines and Geoff Nicholson, though the three albums that followed the reformation were atrocious.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    ...and Arbus reunited East of Eden in the late 90s with core members Ron Caines and Geoff Nicholson, though the three albums that followed the reformation were atrocious.
    Yes, sadly. They try for light jazz with programmed drums...

Quote Originally Posted by Toothyspook View Post
    1973 saw Dave Arbus replaced by Joe O'Donnell

Joe, himself, released an album called Gaodhals Vision.

At 70 Joe still has a band today, Shkayla, some great releases can be found at Silvery Records
    Who previously played with irish prog band Mushroom, they had one album "Early one Morning" which was fairly nice.

Quote Originally Posted by zutul View Post
    Who previously played with irish prog band Mushroom, they had one album "Early one Morning" which was fairly nice.
    Think you have the wrong Joe O'Donnell. The one who was in EoE is not, to my knowledge the one in Mushroom
    He was in bands like Headstone and Trees. Original member of Granny' s Intentions.

Think you have the wrong Joe O'Donnell. The one who was in EoE is not, to my knowledge the one in Mushroom
    He was in bands like Headstone and Trees. Original member of Granny' s Intentions.
    mmm...possibally but is there more than one violin player of the same name?

According to the Irish rock website, yes there is. Google Irish rock Joe O'Donnell. I do know that the RoW Joe can be contacted through silvery records

Think you have the wrong Joe O'Donnell.
    I remember reading somewhere than they're different O'Donnells. The one who was in East of Eden and Jade Warrior's Kites album was previously in Woods Band and Granny' s Intentions and never in the irish Mushroom.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Bang on Spacefreak.

Both Woods band and Granny's intention were Irish too, but as i said i'm possibely wrong about it

Just discovered this band via reading about John Burns' studio career (he of Foxtrot "fame"). Really digging Snafu, looking forward to hearing more. Amazing that there are still bands from the original (P)rog period that I have never heard, or even heard of!

Are there any legit CD issues of the early EoE albums available?

Quote Originally Posted by roylayer View Post
    Fully agree. Bradshaw is the only track from that album that I'd want to listen to again. Strangely enough, the CD bonus tracks do have a number of gems - Jig A Jig, Last Dance of the Clown, and All Our Yesterdays are pretty good.
    Am I right in understanding the “Plus Bonus Tracks!” edition of New Leaf is a pirate CD? I still have my crackly old vinyl edition and am in no rush to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by mx20 View Post
    The Repertoire edition (the one I own) of Mercator Projected is legitimate. No idea about the Snafu CD, don’t know if the self-titled one has ever been reissued and (as you can read above) I have serious doubts about the legitimacy of the New Leaf CD.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by mx20 View Post
    Snafu and Mercator Projected are available from Esoteric. The self-titled was out on Repertoire, but appears to be out of print.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx