Thread: District 97/Tiles Co-Headlining US Midwest/East Coast Tour

District 97/Tiles Co-Headlining US Midwest/East Coast Tour

Hi everyone,

D97 is fresh from having a fantastic time in Europe, but we're by no means ready to rest! We'll be hitting the road next month with Tiles, our Laser's Edge labelmates whose new album is out today! Here are the dates:

May 13th, Chicago, IL (w/Tiles) @ Reggies Music Joint http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/ev...pOfficialEvent

May 15th, Westland, MI @ The Token Lounge (w/Tiles) http://thetokenlounge.com/

May 16th, Baltimore, MD @ Orion (w/Tiles) http://www.orionsound.com/

May 17th, Dunellen, NJ Roxy & Dukes Roadhouse​ (w/Tiles) http://www.njproghouse.com/

May 18th Kennett Square, PA @ Kennett Flash​ (w/Valdez) http://www.kennettflash.org/event/1098019* Note: Tiles will not be appearing at this show

May 19th, New York City NY @ DROM​ NYC Prog Rock Night w/IZZ, Tiles, 3RDegree http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/Sal...dSelectionData

May 20th, Akron, OH @ Musica (w/Tiles) http://liveatmusica.com/

If you missed the #D97WorldTour Kickstarter but would still like to help us be able to share our music and get some awesome, exclusive rewards in the process, you can join/support the tour at https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/d...r/x/13212014#/.

Let us know which show(s) you'll be at!

Here's an audience-shot video of the last show of the European tour at De Boerderij. We hope to have some pro video/audio soon.
    Last edited by District97; 05-03-2016 at 10:28 PM.

These shows are coming up! Very excited to be taking the show stateside. Stay tuned for that pro video from the European tour to whet your appetite

So what PE folks will we see on the road?

Well, it was going to be a surPRISE, but I'll be at the NYC show

I'll be at the Kennett Square show.....can I pick up my t-shirt?

Disappointed that Tiles will not be there....have not heard of Valdez.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Marsh View Post

By all means you can get your shirt! Valdez features members of Echolyn and Tinyfish, so I'm sure they'll be great. You could always come to one more show so you can catch Tiles too.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arabicadabra View Post
    Well, it was going to be a surPRISE, but I'll be at the NYC show
    I'm going to try hard to go to the NYC show. I'm actually thinking of knocking off early from work to make it easier - maybe people want to meetup somewhere to eat before? Lots of good places around there though I'm out of touch.

I'd love to make this shows seeing as it's a mini prog fest. Also, I've never seen D97 or Tiles (I've never even heard Tiles though I've known of them), only saw IZZ once at NEARfest, and haven't seen 3rDegree (in the flesh) since ProgDay!

Quote Originally Posted by District97 View Post
    By all means you can get your shirt! Valdez features members of Echolyn and Tinyfish, so I'm sure they'll be great. You could always come to one more show so you can catch Tiles too.
    Great....and thanks for the news on Valdez!

As for more than one show, i wish I could.

Looking so forward to seeing the new incarnation of the band!

Hmm, the 20th is on a Friday, there's a slight possiblity I might be bale to catch that Akron show, though I'll most likely have to stay over night. I'll have to look at that.

Here's that pro-shot video I was talking about. If you were on the fence about coming, I hope this convinces you!

Here's the Press Release which has a lot of info on the tour and general D97 goings-on: http://www.earsplitcompound.com/site...n-trek-posted/

Video looks & sounds amazing! See you on the 19th! Everyone finish their dinner and don't miss the 7:30 start. It's not a fictional start time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Marsh View Post

Me too. I've seen D97 three times so far and would make this number four if it wasn't for the fact that Tiles will be absent. Just a little too far to drive otherwise.

Hey! It happens I'll be in Chicago this Friday, 5/13. Do you know what time you will be hitting the stage? There seem to be four bands on the bill and the show starts at 7:30. I don't think I can get there that early, but if you give me a sense of when you or Tiles go on, I may be able to come.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by 3RDegree_Robert View Post
    Video looks & sounds amazing! See you on the 19th! Everyone finish their dinner and don't miss the 7:30 start. It's not a fictional start time.
    The DROM website says Doors at 7, show starts at 8. Is 7:30 the real start time?

From Jonathan re:Reggie's = "We'll be on at 10. Kid starts at 8, Tiles at 8:45. Louis on last."

Awesome, thanks! We'll try to go if we can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See you at Reggies (of course), and at DROM!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    Hey! It happens I'll be in Chicago this Friday, 5/13. Do you know what time you will be hitting the stage? There seem to be four bands on the bill and the show starts at 7:30. I don't think I can get there that early, but if you give me a sense of when you or Tiles go on, I may be able to come.

Bill
    That's awesome! I see someone was kind enough to give you the start times already. Hope you can make the show!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    The DROM website says Doors at 7, show starts at 8. Is 7:30 the real start time?
    7:30 is real. I've just sent a message to our contact to have them change that.

Just bought 2 tickets for the NJ Proghouse show! I will be bringing my 19 y/o son. So if you see somebody with a 6'7" teenager, then come say hi. I'm looking forward to this. I've seen D97 4 times and they are a great band. I have never saw Tiles live, but have all their albums. I hope they play the song on the first album, can't remember the name right now, but it has one of the best guitar riffs of all time. So if any of the Tile's members are reading this, start practicing the song now

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mountain View Post
    Just bought 2 tickets for the NJ Proghouse show! I will be bringing my 19 y/o son. So if you see somebody with a 6'7" teenager, then come say hi.
    I doubt we'll be able to spot you.

I'll be at the New York show. I only know IZZ who I think are pretty good. I'm going on cruise to the edge so I'm looking forward to seeing District 97 who I believe will be on the cruise. Love hearing some new prog bands I haven't heard before.

Quote Originally Posted by stevedian View Post
    I'll be at the New York show. I only know IZZ who I think are pretty good. I'm going on cruise to the edge so I'm looking forward to seeing District 97 who I believe will be on the cruise. Love hearing some new prog bands I haven't heard before.
    Yes, we'll be on the cruise. Glad you'll be able to hear us beforehand! Come say hi after the show.

This will be the 4th time seeing them for me. Unfortunately, I will not be on the cruise.

Looking forward to seeing Jonathan, Leslie and the rest of the band on Wednesday.

Hey Karl. Hope you can come early enough to catch us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk