Thread: Klaus Schulze final concert - cancelled

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

Klaus Schulze final concert - cancelled

http://www.klaus-schulze.com/
    Latest News
    KS concert cancelled!
    Sad news: The concert on 9 June 2016 in Stettin/Szczecin has to be cancelled because of medical reasons. The state of health will not improve in the foreseeable future. Klaus Schulze is in constant medical treatment. (Which is, more or less, the translation from the medical certificate.)

Doesn't sound good at all.

Sad to hear, listening to Timewind as this thread popped up...

Oh crap......doesn't sound good.

Sorry to read this. Timewind is the only one of his solo albums I have but I like it quite a bit. Hope he pulls through...

Sorry to hear this and yes, it sounds bad. I hope he puts off that reunion with Edgar for a good, long time.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Wow, not good. When you post "Final Concert," does that mean it was the last in a string of concerts, or that it was billed as or expected to be his last concert ever, and then they had to cancel it?

KS had declared some years ago that he was done touring, so the upcoming show was an unexpected finale of sorts.

He is not young and the wording of the blurb isn't exactly encouraging. That said, I hope the best for him

It had been posted previously by his manager, Although KS announced in 2010 "No concerts anymore!", a final concert is planned next year on 9 June 2016 in Szczecin (Poland), the seaport city at the Baltic Sea at the water mouth of the Oder river, 150 kilometers north-east of Berlin.

Gesundheit!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

He's been ill for quite some time and was apparently frail even when I saw him some 20+ years back.

Best to him. A pioneer once, and his finest works (for me, Cyborg) will continue to be discovered.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Wow, sad news. As mentioned, he is getting up there in years, but I hope things can improve for him.

I just recently listened to Mirage for the first time in years and was reminded of why I love his work so much.

^ That's my fave KS LP....

And he was "Honorary Citizen" of Poland

My faves are

Timewind
    Mirage
    Picture music

Quote Originally Posted by tom unbound View Post
    ^ That's my fave KS LP....
    Mine too Closely followed by "X".

I know he has been off and on sick for years but anyone know what his ailment is?

The June 9th will take place featuring Tangerine Dream in place of Schulze:

‎Bianca Froese-Acquaye‎

NEW TD CONCERT IN POLAND: TANGERINE DREAM - THE QUANTUM YEARS - IN HONOUR OF EDGAR FROESE
    9th JUNE 2016 - Philharmony Szczecin - 7 pm
    Originally the well-known electronic musician Klaus Schulze had been invited to perform at the beautiful Philharmony Szczecin in the context of their SOUNDLAB 2015/2016 series but due to severe health problems he unfortunately had to cancel this concert now. At the same time Klaus asked us if we would like to perform and yes, it fits perfectly time-wise. Thank you, Klaus, for remembering your early roots at TD and we wish you all the very best for your health and a speedy recovery.
    The philharmony already announced TD under "current events" on their website but so far in Polish language only.
    The concert was already sold out, but surely some will return their tickets, so there will be a chance to buy one for TD.
    Just have a look at the beautiful concert hall: http://spacer.filharmonia.szczecin.pl/
    We are happy to meet some Polish fans again!
    Yours,
    Bianca and TD band

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesc View Post
    I know he has been off and on sick for years but anyone know what his ailment is?
    I didn't know he'd been sick. But I'd been worried about his smoking and was hoping he'd be like one of those smoking grannies who live to 95.

so his next-to-last is actually his last?