Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ayreon- The Theater Equation

Ayreon- The Theater Equation

IMO the Human Equation is easily his best album & this purchase is a no brainer!

Ayreon to launch Theater Equation DVD
    Ayreon: The Theater Equation

James LaBrie, Heather Findlay, Anneke van Giersbergen and more line up in concert film of Ayreon album The Human Equation

Ayreon mastermind Arjen Lucassen has announced the release of a live concert DVD based on his 2004 album The Human Equation.

Entitled The Theater Equation, it was filmed last year in Rotterdam and features Dream Theater frontman James LaBrie alongside Heather Findlay, Anneke van Giersbergen and others, plus a 19-piece rock choir.

The story follows lead character Me (LaBrie), an immoral businessman who battles against the personas of his emotions while in a coma after a car crash. Meanwhile, his closest friends hope he’ll recover – while never discovering the truth behind the supposed accident.

Lucassen, who was special advisor to the production but did not take part, says: “Even today I’m amazed and touched by how hard everyone worked, and how much love and care they gave to make it all happen. Sometimes the dream becomes reality!”

The Theater Equation will be released on June 17 via InsideOut, subtitled in nine languages and including nearly 90 minutes of additional material. It’s to be available in four-disc deluxe artbook, three-disc digipak, Blu-ray and download formats. More details will be revealed in due course.

Ayreon: The Theater Equation cast

James LaBrie as Me
    Devon Graves as Agony
    Heather Findlay as Love
    Eric Clayton as Reason
    Magnus Ekwall as Pride
    Marcela Bovio as Wife
    Irene Jansen as Passion
    Anneke van Giersbergen as Fear
    Jermain van der Bogt (Wudstik) as Best Friend
    Mike Mills as Rage/Father
    Nienke Verboom as Nurse
    Peter Moltmaker as Doctor
    Anita van der Hoeven as Mom

Ayreon band

Ed Warby: drums
    Jeroen Goossens: flutes and woodwind
    Johan van Stratum: bass
    Maaike Peterse: cello
    Ben Mathot: violin
    Marcel Coenen: guitars
    Freek Gielen: guitars
    Erik van Ittersum: keyboards
    Ruben Wijga: keyboards
    Epic Rock Choir

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Subtitled in nine languages? Vache Sacrée!*

* Holy Cow

Banned
    I've heard this band on Slacker's prog station. Pretty good, surprised I don't hear more about them on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    I've heard this band on Slacker's prog station. Pretty good, surprised I don't hear more about them on this site.
    FYI, Ayreon is not a band but a project spearheaded by Arjen Lucassen, who basically produces, writes, arranges and records the music and invites guest for specific parts either vocal or instrumental parts. It is like War Of The Worlds on steroids most of the time.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Very excited to hear of this, thanks. But are we missing Devin Townsend as "Anger", or is my memory failing once again?

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    Very excited to hear of this, thanks. But are we missing Devin Townsend as "Anger", or is my memory failing once again?
    You're correct, Devin Townsend was on The Human Equation (as Rage).

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    IMO the Human Equation is easily his best album & this purchase is a no brainer!
    As much as I love this one, "Into the Electric Castle" is Arjen's masterpiece imo.

Sounds great! Love this album!

As much as I love this one, "Into the Electric Castle" is Arjen's masterpiece imo.
    Still my favorite as well.

I love The Human Equation. I think the only one I like more is Dream Sequencer. Love "The Druids Turn To Stone".
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

This kind of thing still makes no sense to me.

The formats available for this release are:

2CD/DVD
    Blu-Ray
    Blu-Ray/2DVD/2CD

Where the F is the Blu-Ray/2CD release? Why is there only a 2CD/2DVD release? Why do they think that if someone's buying the BD, they also want the DVDs, or vice versa, and the CDs, but if someone only wants the BD and not the DVDs, they also don't want the CDs? And there doesn't seem to be a 2CD only release.

Just watched the trailer. Looks cheesy as can be, but fun. Labrie's screech seems certain to please.

Looking forward to release date 6/17.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    This kind of thing still makes no sense to me.

The formats available for this release are:

2CD/DVD
    Blu-Ray
    Blu-Ray/2DVD/2CD

Where the F is the Blu-Ray/2CD release? Why is there only a 2CD/2DVD release? Why do they think that if someone's buying the BD, they also want the DVDs, or vice versa, and the CDs, but if someone only wants the BD and not the DVDs, they also don't want the CDs? And there doesn't seem to be a 2CD only release.
    Amazon has it as either a blue ray or an audio cd http://http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_4?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=ayreon+the+theater+equation&sprefix=ayre% 2Cpopular%2C223

Thanks, but there's still no BD WITH CDs, only DVD with CDs. That's what I don't get at all. It's like saying "buy the DVD/CD set, or buy the BD and find a torrent of the CDs." Don't they want my money?

Thanks, but there's still no BD WITH CDs, only DVD with CDs. That's what I don't get at all. It's like saying "buy the DVD/CD set, or buy the BD and find a torrent of the CDs." Don't they want my money?
    I use an Oppo BDP-105 universal player as my main source, so the BD without CDs works for me, and I don't have to watch all the time, I can play without the video in the Oppo "pureaudio" format

Quote Originally Posted by R_burke View Post
    I use an Oppo BDP-105 universal player as my main source, so the BD without CDs works for me, and I don't have to watch all the time, I can play without the video in the Oppo "pureaudio" format
    Most of my audio listening is in the car these days. I'll end up just downloading the audio from a torrent and putting it on a USB drive I use in the car.

I just would love to know the reasoning for including the CDs with the DVDs but not the BD. if there is any. I guess it has to do with packaging and cost.

Wow, I had forgotten about this. The Human Equation was an absolutely huge album for me. I'm sure the video will be cheesy as hell (anyone remember Star One's Live on Earth?) but we will get 100% irony- and cynicism-free commitment from Arjen and his compatriots. I'm in!

Most of my audio listening is in the car these days. I'll end up just downloading the audio from a torrent and putting it on a USB drive I use in the car.

I just would love to know the reasoning for including the CDs with the DVDs but not the BD. if there is any. I guess it has to do with packaging and cost.
    Yeah, doesn't seem to make sense, probably some rea$on for it, but it eludes me

And...the audio is out there for download...

Just checked with Newbury Comics as hoped to grab this today but they tell me release date is now late July? Checked Amazon...yup. July 29 (I need physical product, not d/ls)
    Last edited by rickawakeman; 06-17-2016 at 11:56 AM.

The Human Equation is super cheesy but I love it to death. Great musical and vocal performances.

Just picked this up yesterday and only listened to one tune so far, but it seems really well done so far. Will watch the DVD later.
    <sig out of order>

Picked this up last night. My cuppa Gouda. Wife walked in during the most egregiously heavy section of Act 1 (on the DVD) and was dismayed. Always the sign of great prog metal. (Actually she likes most Ayreon).

The vocal performances are the stand-outs here. What a group of top-notch singers! Love the SATB choral arrangements as well.

I've only watched 2/3 of Act 1 and have yet to see Arjen. Is he here?

Picked this up last night. My cuppa Gouda. Wife walked in during the most egregiously heavy section of Act 1 (on the DVD) and was dismayed. Always the sign of great prog metal. (Actually she likes most Ayreon).

The vocal performances are the stand-outs here. What a group of top-notch singers! Love the SATB choral arrangements as well.

I've only watched 2/3 of Act 1 and have yet to see Arjen. Is he here?
    Haven't watched it yet, but the credits suggest he's not a part of the performance.
    <sig out of order>