Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Marillion - FEAR 09/09/16

Marillion - FEAR 09/09/16

New album title and release date just announced.

http://www.marillion.com/news/newsitem.htm?id=404

Apparently, the band are leaving a few things unclear at this point.
    The album is either called FEAR or F*** Everyone And Run.
    Are they just playing around with the acronym, or is the official title really F*** Everyone And Run?
    And does F*** really stand for what I think it does, or could it be just Fear Everyone And Run?
    I guess we'll have clarifications in due time.
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

The answers to your questions

1. Yes, the official title is FEAR...Fuck Everyone and Run
    2. Yes, it's "Fuck"

Toodaloo

Quote Originally Posted by LeFrog View Post
    And does F*** really stand for what I think it does
    I wouldn't imagine it'd be anything else. H also said "fuck everybody and run" on the Hogarth+Barbieri album already--must be a sentiment that's still got some legs. Using asterisks in place of certain words always annoys me, but I suppose I'll get used to it.

Without any more details, the title alone is already a surprise. It strikes me as different for them... which is doubtless exactly the point.

Seems like a rather juvenile title, but it's just a title.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge Everyone And Run

Not sure I love the title, but will wait to see how it fits the album. Meanwhile, I haven't read the update yet - did they really announce an exact release date of 9/9? Cool. Can't wait for the unendurable wait for it to arrive in the mail after it's been shipped. That's always excruciating, as there's usually some kind of delay.

not keen on the title as doesn't even begin to counterweigh the acronym/abbreviation. a bit daft. plus, it sounds like a farewell!

Should have chosen 9/11 with that title...

Pointed out elsewhere

9/9/2016 = 2+0+1+6=9

9/9/9
    6/6/6

Also

9+9 = 18th marillion album
    Last edited by strawberrybrick; 04-07-2016 at 01:38 PM.
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    I wouldn't imagine it'd be anything else. H also said "fuck everybody and run" on the Hogarth+Barbieri album already--must be a sentiment that's still got some legs. Using asterisks in place of certain words always annoys me, but I suppose I'll get used to it.

Without any more details, the title alone is already a surprise. It strikes me as different for them... which is doubtless exactly the point.
    I had few doubts about the F word, which I see has been officially confirmed now, but I thought it was the band's style to leave an open possibility for alternative meanings using other 4 letter words beginning with F.
    An unusual title that's for sure, we'll see how it fits with the music.
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

Fear, (no acronym,) would have been a great title.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Fear, (no acronym,) would have been a great title.
    Agreed.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Oi, we at Grey Lady Down had an album called Fear yonks ago... bloody plagiarists...

Getting a good laugh out of this right now!

Maybe this album will have a darker edge to it (which is fine with me).

Their last couple of albums have been pretty uneven, I hope there is more good than mediocre on this one.

IMHO, the title is lame.

Fried Eggs Are Remarkable

Find Enema And Retract

Foolish Elephant Assaults Rhinoceros

I was never a big fan of acronym titles, but I don't care so much about the title, and I have a feeling the artwork, etc. will tie it all together a bit more neatly than it might seem now.

Back before one of their albums came out (I can never remember which one), the band released just the acronym for the working title of the album, WYGTN. People on the Freaks list had a great time trying to guess what the title was, which was really impossible. The favorite guess was When Yogurt Gets Too Nasty, but actually turned out to be Wear Your Gun To Neverland, which I thought was a pretty cool title. But I think they must have been working on the song Neverland at that point but tabled it for later.

So I think the band are letting the fans have a bit of fun with this, however it seems to be the definite title. Oh well, it's better than marillion.com They could have called it #marillion.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I was never a big fan of acronym titles, but I don't care so much about the title, and I have a feeling the artwork, etc. will tie it all together a bit more neatly than it might seem now.

Back before one of their albums came out (I can never remember which one), the band released just the acronym for the working title of the album, WYGTN. People on the Freaks list had a great time trying to guess what the title was, which was really impossible. The favorite guess was When Yogurt Gets Too Nasty, but actually turned out to be Wear Your Gun To Neverland, which I thought was a pretty cool title. But I think they must have been working on the song Neverland at that point but tabled it for later.

So I think the band are letting the fans have a bit of fun with this, however it seems to be the definite title. Oh well, it's better than marillion.com They could have called it #marillion.
    Wes You Go Tour Northamerica (because we aren't !) was my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Flightwave View Post
    Wes You Go Tour Northamerica (because we aren't !) was my favorite.
    Nice one! Do you remember what album that was for?

I think Mark Kelly gave away the acronym of the previous one as well, I remember all the fans trying to work out STCBM.

Nice one! Do you remember what album that was for?
    Was it Brave? Because they didn't tour the US with that one.

and I have a feeling the artwork, etc. will tie it all together a bit more neatly than it might seem now.
    You don't think this is part of the artwork?

ImageProxy.jpg

ImageProxy.jpg
    I'm hoping not...

Was really wishing they would use the nice band photo they had in all the mock-ups for when the preorder first came out. Elegant, simple, and effective.

ImageProxy.jpg
    I mean the rest of the artwork, obviously. There's going to be a 180 pg book in the special edition.

i remember “wear your gun to neverland” being bandied about … that was before “afraid of sunlight” was released. always wondered about any connection to the song “neverland” almost ten years later.

“when yoghurt gets too nasty” would have been great! for their first gig with h fronting them (at crooked billet pub in oxforfshire) they where billed as the “low fat yoghurts”. cheeky sods ;-)>

just FEAR would have been enough (+3). because we have nothing to fear but fear itself.

Quote Originally Posted by dregsfan View Post
    IMHO, the title is lame.
    it's not sounding too inspired, but it's no worse than Anoraknophobia or Script for a Jester's Tears. Ultimately the title foesn't matter. It will sell and not sell because it's a Marilion album.