Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New +1 EP "Brave New World Order"

New +1 EP "Brave New World Order"

In celebration of my recent naturalisation as a US citizen, i've put together an impromptu EP called "Brave New World Order". Yes, i'm that excited about the state of the country i've called home for 45 years or so. That said, it's still pretty freakin' cool.

Trump/Cruz 2016! No, wait.... ugh.

Anyways

Breathe...... breathe..... OK.

Where were we? Oh yeah: The EP will be a featured stream on our website very soon (and available in CD form, as well, should you want that).

Here is an early listen. Please accept it as a thank you to P.E. and to the guys and gals in this community for listening and just being awesome to us

+1 - Brave New World Order (EP)
    http://www.precognitiverecords.com/BraveNewWorldOrder

* God Bless America, God Save America *

Happy happy,

Kim
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Angels Explode With Joy reminds me of a Miles Davis tune from the Decoy period without a trumpet.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks. I like the music, and I think you have a great title for your EP.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Hey Kim,

Congratulations and I look very forward to hearing the music once time permits. (Am tied up in training for a bit this week.)

Cheers,

Alan

Thanks guys!

Home of the Brave

Hello friends and fans,

Here are a few little videos we made of the tunes on the new EP. Just a little bit of fun.

It's a kind of "video EP" featuring those tracks and one new unreleased track as a bonus (if you will)

I hope visitors to this thread (all 5 of you) find something to enjoy within

Videos below.

Peace and whatnots,

Kimara
    Last edited by Polypet; 04-12-2016 at 07:38 PM.
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Agreed on the Miles comparisons – some of this reminds me of the outtakes from the On the Corner/Get Up with It period. Welcome to official membership of a millennial death-cult disguised as a country!

Quote Originally Posted by mjudge View Post
    Agreed on the Miles comparisons – some of this reminds me of the outtakes from the On the Corner/Get Up with It period. Welcome to official membership of a millennial death-cult disguised as a country!
    I can sort of see that, i guess - the Miles comparison on some of this. Of course, hugely inspirational and influential, those albums (and others).

Thanks for the official welcome, Mike - i've been here for a long time but now, being officially a citizen, i can be even more alarmed and frightened. Yay, 'Merica!

And thanks also for the presumably positive comments about the music also. You know i'm a fan of yours as well

Taco salads to one and all!

Checking out the videos now!

Cool - i hope you dug 'em, John

I thought you'd especially appreciate the two piano things (both versions of Commentary from my 2nd Piano Sonata, btw).

Congrats on your recent naturalization! I'm currently living in the UK and I might stay a bit longer if Mr. T or C gets to the top. Anyhoo, enjoy it like you always have! And thanks for the music.
    To be or not to be? That is the point. - Harry Nilsson.

Quote Originally Posted by StevegSr View Post
    Congrats on your recent naturalization! I'm currently living in the UK and I might stay a bit longer if Mr. T or C gets to the top. Anyhoo, enjoy it like you always have! And thanks for the music.
    You're quite welcome. Of course, i am happy to have DUAL citizenship, just in case

And thanks! I'm gald you like the music

K

Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    I can sort of see that, i guess - the Miles comparison on some of this. Of course, hugely inspirational and influential, those albums (and others).

Thanks for the official welcome, Mike - i've been here for a long time but now, being officially a citizen, i can be even more alarmed and frightened. Yay, 'Merica!

And thanks also for the presumably positive comments about the music also. You know i'm a fan of yours as well

Taco salads to one and all!
    I haven't received my taco salad yet, when did you ship it?

Oh no!

Don't worry, it's coming

Hi Kim! I've just listened to all of these pieces, and I like them a lot! The piano piece is oozing with charm and quirky beauty. I had to listen to it twice! And I dig the percussion sounds, rhythmic vibe, and soloing on St. Vitus Dance. A superb performance and sonic delight! And Home of the Brave is classic Kimara! A splendid new release. Congrats!

Thanks Reid. I'm glad you're enjoying this
    Last edited by Polypet; 06-03-2016 at 08:32 PM.

Is St. Vitus Dance a re-working of the Horace Silver tune? By coincidence I stumbled onto a copy of Blowin' The Blues Away at a local record store Saturday, and I noticed the 2nd track is a composition of the same name. I really couldn't make any musical connections listening to the Silver recording and your own.

I know the Silver tune, actually but had forgotten all about it! No, this tune is unrelated to that one.

Hopefully, you enjoyed it nonetheless

Thanks to everyone for listening and for the lovely comments.

Reid: your order is getting shipped tomorrow. Thanks!
    Last edited by Polypet; 06-03-2016 at 08:33 PM.

Two great tunes with the same name! I do enjoy them both. I'm looking forward to the EPs.

I haven't logged in for awhile but am now being treated to this lovely EP! 'Brave New World Order' swings and there's much here to enjoy, thank you sir! Congrats on everything and will be checking out the videos next for additional Kimara goodness. BTW, I've an extremely wonky computer and hope this isn't a double post

Thanks, my friend! I look forward to knowing more about what you've been up to recently. Please email (or PM) me, if you get a chance.

K

Hey Reid - did your CDs arrive safely? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    Hey Reid - did your CDs arrive safely? Just curious.
    Yes! You've probably read my PM by now. It took me a few days to get my hands on the package due to my temporary incapacitation, but I am now thoroughly enjoying the music. And as I mentioned previously, I'm very impressed and satisfied with your excellent compositions and production talents. Bravo!