Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Northern Exposure (Alaska) Crowdfunding by "Ed"!

just 3 days left to support NoEx !

Ed once wore a Deep Purple T-shirt in the show, Perfect Strangers era.

So I say hells yeah to this.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    The catapult in the meadow.
    Yeah, Monty Python already did that.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

PE Member since 7/14/2001 rushfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    Sicily Alaska was actually a little town called Roslyn up in the Cascades in Washington state. I used to stop by there when I went skiing. The big sign on the side of the Roslyn Cafe, they changed to read Roslyn's Cafe.
    I took a trip down to Roslyn once on a trip to Seattle in 1991. Actually had a beer at the Brick Saloon. It was basically just like it appeared on the show, basically one street of a rural small town. Also went to North Bend, WA to Twede's Café, the diner featured in Twin Peaks. Snoqualmie WA was where that was filmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    I liked that show a lot until Rob Morrow left. He took the magic with him.
    Yeah, me too. Actually, I think I stopped watching for some reason sometime before Morrow left, but I'm not sure why that would have been. I'm pretty sure I started watching again after my brief involvement with the United States Navy ended, but I'm not sure why I would have stopped watching after that. (shrug)

But it was a good show. Hard to believe something that...let's say "not mainstream" managed to last as long on TV as it did. Lots of great plotlines. I remember one episode, Joel has this dream where he reenacts one of the Robert Palmer videos (Simply Irrestible, I think) but with all the models looking like Maggie, with him of course nonchalantly miming the song in Palmer's stead. I thought that was pretty funny.