Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Appearances by rock bands on episodic TV shows

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    Mel Torme on Night Court (I know-not rock singers...)
    Multiple times, too. I read that he and Harry Anderson were actually really good friends in real life.

Has anyone mentioned The Stoned Age? That's a low budget comedy from the early 90's, basically about two teenagers, in the 70's, trying to get laid. One of them spends like half the movie rambling on about how he got hit in the face by a laser at a Blue Oyster Cult concert, which in turn triggered some kind of out of body experience. There's a post closing credits scene where Buck Dharma and Eric Bloom play a couple guys selling bootleg BOC t-shirts.

Dionne Warwick on The Rockford Files

Didn't she appear on The Jeffersons (NY highrise building) or the other Black series (Chicago highrise building, with Janet Jackson playing the yougest daughter)?

Or even in one of those 70's Cosby shows
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Didn't she appear on The Jeffersons (NY highrise building) or the other Black series (Chicago highrise building, with Janet Jackson playing the yougest daughter)?

Janet Jackson was in "Good Times" and "D'ffrent Strokes".

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Janet Jackson was in "Good Times" and "D'ffrent Strokes".
    Yess, good times was the one I meant

I'm sure I've seen Different Strokes at the time, but wouldn't remember JJ in it.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Sinking ever lower...El Debarge...

Not an episodic show, but Manowar's 1984 appearance on Nickelodeon is among the most bizarre. After performing "Gloves of Metal", they sit down (in full costume) and field questions from an audience of little kids and their parents.

You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar

Not that I know of
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

I love Shawn Colvin, and loved her appearance(s) on The Larry Sanders Show... I don't remember other musical guests on the show getting this much screen time. Later in the episode (or maybe it was a different episode) Shawn goes on a date with Larry. What a great show that was, I just started to re-watch it a few days ago.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Anybody mention Suzi Quattro on Happy Days?
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Anybody mention Suzi Quattro on Happy Days?
    Yup.
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

"Leather Tuscadero," woof.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    "Leather Tuscadero," woof.
    Her wardrobe was better than her music.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Her wardrobe was better than her music.
    I kind of liked her appearance on Happy Days, though.

I kind of liked her appearance on Happy Days, though.
    Yeah, she was good on Happy Days. I guess though I expected her music to be a little...let's say, "heavier" than it actually is.

Yeah, she was good on Happy Days. I guess though I expected her music to be a little...let's say, "heavier" than it actually is.
    Her initial glam-rock phase projected her as leather-clad rock chick (those early TOTP appearances played havoc with a young lad's hormones). But that look was ditched, her image softened up and music became more MOR; don't know if that was record company influence or her own decision.

TBH, I hardly ever heard any of her other stuff (or at least wasn't aware it was hers), but I figured she'd be like somekind of The Runaways or Joan Jett avant-la-letter

Not aware that she veered MOR, though.

"48 Crash" got a lot of airplay around here, and was good mindless mid-70s Rock.

Did anyone mention Janet Jackson on Good Times? It was well before anyone would have cared if she had a wardrobe malfunction...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Did anyone mention Janet Jackson on Good Times? It was well before anyone would have cared if she had a wardrobe malfunction...

Done... apparently she also appeared on Different Strokes, but I got no memory of that.

Done... apparently she also appeared on Different Strokes, but I got no memory of that.
    You're right. She played Todd Bridges' character's girlfriend.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    "48 Crash" got a lot of airplay around here, and was good mindless mid-70s Rock.

Yup, that's more or less what I expected from her... between Slade, Sweet and The Runaways >> typical glam hard-rock

TBH, I hardly ever heard any of her other stuff (or at least wasn't aware it was hers), but I figured she'd be like somekind of The Runaways or Joan Jett avant-la-letter.
    Yeah, that's what I expected too, especially since it's apparent Joan Jett based her whole look on Suzi.

She actually had a Stateside hit called Stumblin' In, which most definitely sounds nothing like The Runaways or Joan Jett. Maybe some of her stuff were more glam rock type of things, maybe closer to Slade, not bad, but not what I expected from a chick who I had seen in leather jumpsuits and playing BC Rich basses.

About everyone of Name and Honour on the French & Saunders Show.

http://www.guitarworld.com/artists-a...k-knopfler-and