Thread: Prog in Italy

Prog in Italy

I'm taking my daughter on a backpacking trip of Italy this spring and if possible would like to do some CD shopping. Any Italian members or travelers know of any specific areas or stores where I can find Italian prog, euro releases, Genesis bootlegs, etc. I'll be in Rome, Florence, Venice, (all major cities so there should be some action in there somewhere.) Also, any websites/ Facebook groups that may list prog gigs or jazz and classical venues/events in these places would be helpful. In addition any musical instrument stores that sell Italian instruments (mandolin, button accordions, mando cello, crumar synth lol , etc). Thanks for any help.

Contempo Records in Florence (used to be a great avant prog + new musics label as well)

Via Dei Neri, 15/R, close to Uffizi Museum, 200 meters far from Santa Croce square. You can take bus n° 23 from the central railway station and you can get out at the stop "Palazzo Vecchio": from there you have to walk for 150 meters to their store.

SHOP HOURS:
    from Monday to Saturday: 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. / 3.30 p.m. - 7.30 p.m.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Bologna, which is between Florence and Venice, is the home of all the members of Deus Ex Machina. Lead vocalist Alberto Piras owns and operates an awesomely equipped music store there called "Scolopendra", which also carries Italian vinyl. Home to the oldest university in Europe, Bologna is an astoundingly beautiful city, well worth the visit, and Alberto's store is a must see for anyone visiting Italy.