Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP Patty Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    I was one of the few that enjoyed "It Takes Two", which only lasted one season (1982-1983). Check out the opening with Richard Crenna, Helen Hunt, and Anthony Edwards.

Wow, never seen this. From the creators of Soap, Richard Crenna with a beard and Jack Benny voice inflections!
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    Wow, never seen this. From the creators of Soap, Richard Crenna with a beard and Jack Benny voice inflections!
    There's some episodes on YouTube. When I met Richard Crenna in the late 90s I mentioned this show and he stated he wished it lasted longer and said he loved the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    Don’t remember this, but I do remember another show she starred in, also from the creators of Soap: Hail to the Chief, about the first female president of the USA:

Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Though it would make a great black comedy. A serial killer going around wacking celebs just so he can be the first to post about their deaths on websites such as this one...

As for the topic at hand, RIP Ms Duke. Though in truth, I thought she was already dead.
    Or win a dead pool...
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    She is survived by her identical cousin.
    I was going to post asking if maybe it wasn't her cousin... :P
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by -=RTFR666=- View Post
    IMDB is your friend. As is Google. As is Rotten Tomatoes. This schtick if your'n is like a bottomless well, innit.
    Im assuming it's a character he played in something, why is it a problem to be asked what it's from? You could just ignore the question if you want, maybe someone else will answer. Not sure why you think it's an act to ask about a vague reference you make.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Im assuming it's a character he played in something, why is it a problem to be asked what it's from? You could just ignore the question if you want, maybe someone else will answer. Not sure why you think it's an act to ask about a vague reference you make.
    Because just a few keystrokes using any one of those reference sources takes a lot less energy than coming around to profess your ignorance ad nauseum...similar to the waste of energy & keystrokes that constitute the post to which I've responded
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Because just a few keystrokes using any one of those reference sources takes a lot less energy than coming around to profess your ignorance ad nauseum...similar to the waste of energy & keystrokes that constitute the post to which I've responded

Ok, I looked it up. If your post hadn't been so random it might have been more self-apparent. Did you really expect many people here to know who Rudy was?

Like the energy wasted reading such arrogant responses, right?

Like I always say, "There's no such thing as a stupid question. There are only stupid answers."

indeed!
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Ok, I looked it up. If your post hadn't been so random it might have been more self-apparent. Did you really expect many people here to know who Rudy was?
    I knew it.
    BTW there was a movie with Patty Duke , and her son in it. Patty played identical sisters IIRC. Its a recent movie ,last 10 years, also had Amy Smart.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Like the energy wasted reading such arrogant responses, right?

Like I always say, "There's no such thing as a stupid question. There are only stupid answers."

indeed!
    As long as we're rehashing schtick and perpetuating the stereotype....

-=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

^^ Yeah, whatever.

FWIW, I preferred the original with Kevin McCarthy.

"The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

While we're on the subject of Rudy, I would contend it's one of the best movies about college football even though the only game was at the end of movie.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

The bit at 4 seconds in never fails to make me laugh hard. Those wags at Nick at Nite were really good at editing!
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...