Thread: Neal Morse- Momentum DVD- WOW!

Neal Morse- Momentum DVD- WOW!

itching to get a Neal Morse DVD, got Momentum Live and watched it yesterday.
    Neal is amazing, and he surrounds himself with excellent musicians.
    it's just unbelievable how excellent they play live and together.
    i've got to see these guys live next time they come to the area.

Yup, and I was at that show! Caught a few glimpses of myself in the front few rows of the audience

Cant wait to hear the follow up to the Grand Experiment!

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    But first we'll get a new DVD from the Grand experiment Tour, which will be available only through Radiant per a recent notice from Neal.

We saw the Momentum tour at Le Gesu in Montreal and the Grand Experiment Tour at La Tulipe in Montreal. Both great shows.

Received the Grand Experiment demos in the mail this weekend...good stuff.

I also assume we'll get a second Morsefest release.

regarding the 3CD's that came with this, i really think they could have done a better job at editing them. it's like they chopped up the show and dragged the tracks onto the CD. some tracks abruptly start or end, they fade in & out between, etc... not as continuous as the DVD and alot of dialogue was omitted. there's plenty of room on 3 discs to work with but it seemed very little time was spend transferring the show to audio. but it's ok, i really bought this for the DVD anyway.

I have never seen Neal Morse live but I have all the DVD's. Does that count?
    The Prog Corner

I saw Spocks Beard with Morse a couple of times, I saw him solo a couple of times too but I find his stuff way too easy listening these days I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by miamiscot View Post
    Not unless you have all the Inner Circle DVD releases as well (most recently the Cruise to the Edge set).

Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    regarding the 3CD's that came with this, i really think they could have done a better job at editing them. it's like they chopped up the show and dragged the tracks onto the CD. some tracks abruptly start or end, they fade in & out between, etc... not as continuous as the DVD and alot of dialogue was omitted. there's plenty of room on 3 discs to work with but it seemed very little time was spend transferring the show to audio. but it's ok, i really bought this for the DVD anyway.
    I feel a live album should be blended together without fade outs between songs. It's not difficult to cut & paste random audience noise and cross fade that into the appropriate places. The only exception I can understand would be if it is compiled from different recorded sources that sound drastically different. Even then, it could be done without much fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    Not unless you have all the Inner Circle DVD releases as well (most recently the Cruise to the Edge set).
    I really need to join already. Damn, I'm lazy.
    The Prog Corner

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiscot View Post
    It's not good enough if you expect to dwell in his house when the end-times arrives. In fact, for that you have to spring for the Gold Experience concert tickets, and belong to the Inner Circle.

And if you belonged to Neal's Inner Circle (they let us in even though we're Jewish), you'd also have Neal's "Momentum Live in L.A." DVD, which is real good to quote Frank Z.