Thread: Bizarre Foods

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Bizarre Foods

Shocked the other thread about this was closed - sorry, but sports threads are FAR more exclusive. If we shouldn't talk about food because musicians died, we shouldn't talk about sports either.

Someone wrote:

<<I've never had Rocky Mountain Oysters. Not sure I want to. But if you're starving you'll eat anything.>>

I love that scene from the movie Funny Farm where Chevy Chase is at a diner and breaks the record for eating Lamb Fries, not knowing they are sheep testicles.

What are you talking about?
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Shocked the other thread about this was closed
    Surprised it stayed open so long.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    What are you talking about?
    This closed thread about food:

http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...804#post536804

Maybe the last couple of posts should have just been deleted? Adjust as necessary if you see fit.

I kinda thought this thread would be about Andrew Zimmerman and the Travel Channel.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Surprised it stayed open so long.
    I didn't start that thread, but I thought it was pretty interesting. Yes, there are lots of foodie blogs and such, people post photos of their food on Facebook, etc., but it was pretty interesting to see what strange foods people from this sample group had eaten, would never eat, etc.

If it was closed because the moderators decided it was too esoteric, fine (and you can close this thread too then if you want), but it seemed like suddenly two people decided we should only be discussing deceased musicians and reported the thread because of that - or something. Because the thread seemed to be going fine. It's true you couldn't tell at all what it was about from the title.

Actually, if there was just an overall thread about Food, that could cover a lot of ground and also be used for all those seasonal threads about Holiday Food, Grilling, etc. Maybe Ken Golden would grace us with some photos of his succulent meat.

Remember for a long time on PE 2.0 there was a thread about gardening and yard work?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I kinda thought this thread would be about Andrew Zimmerman and the Travel Channel.
    Well, it's about similar subject matter. Andrew Zimmern is kind of annoying and an former-thief, but I have to admit I love watching that show.

I've never had Rocky Mountain Oysters. I'll try anything once.......

We still have a group for outdoor cooking and BBQ. It was pretty inactive last summer but it might take off again, especially if Prindalprogger gets rolling.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I didn't start that thread,
    Yes, I'm well aware of that. I do think we could use a new forum for nonsense threads, though. It would certainly get rid of some clutter.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Yes, I'm well aware of that. I do think we could use a new forum for nonsense threads, though. It would certainly get rid of some clutter.
    We do - it's called Way Off Topic. I don't see any difference between a food related thread and a sports related thread.

We do - it's called Way Off Topic. I don't see any difference between a food related thread and a sports related thread.
    I've never eaten a basketball.

Not to get into a spat, but sports are entertainment. So, one could argue that it's OT and not Way OT. Starting a thread about eating raw bacon is just plain nonsense, IMO.

I tried the 'search' to find the Spotted Dick pic from a food thread from years ago.

"Discovering Prog Friends at Work" comes up.....LOL !!!

...hhhmmmm......someone wrote the other day that I create pointless threads....

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    And you're here denying it?
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Hey, I was simply trying to restore YOUR thread! I did you a favor.

Shh... Let's be vewy, vewy qwiet, and then we can get back to this while the mods are away for the long weekend...

Fortunately it's only Tuesday.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.