Thread: Buying & Selling on Reverb.com

Buying & Selling on Reverb.com

I searched for a thread on this topic but came up empty...

Question: Any one here using this site for buying/selling?

I've sold a few things here for a pretty decent price and have bought: classical GTR, Headphones, tuner. (and I'm constantly trolling for desirable, vintage GTR's)

One success story: I had 3 vintage (not working) GTR pedals that I kept after my house flooded in 1991 (MXR Blue Box, Mutron III & EH line booster) Again all non-working and rusted-to-shit.....sold them AS-IS for $175.00 !!!!....Now I hope that the Buyer is a great electro-tinkerer and that he is enjoying his purchase. I just never expected to get THAT kind of $$$ for them....I have been tempted over the years to just toss them.

....your stories...

I sold my vintage Ibanez Tube Screamer - paid $65, for $625. Best investment ever. That was Ebay though.
    Coming September 1st - "Dean Watson Revisited"!

Just signed up, haven't done any buying/selling yet

I started using Reverb last year when I was liquidating some stuff I'd accumulated. I've sold every piece, and have purchased several things from Reverb as well. For buying/selling musical instruments, this is now where I go, I rarely even look at e-Bay anymore unless I want to check if something I'm going to buy is actually cheaper there. Reverb is far cheaper to use than e-Bay, and obviously I've had great luck moving my used gear. Their interface is easy to use, and the one time I needed assistance, a chat session quickly and easily answered my issue. I personally give the place five stars. I'm constantly on there trolling around, which is really bad because I only see things I want and know I don't really need!

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    I started using Reverb last year when I was liquidating some stuff I'd accumulated. I've sold every piece, and have purchased several things from Reverb as well. For buying/selling musical instruments, this is now where I go, I rarely even look at e-Bay anymore unless I want to check if something I'm going to buy is actually cheaper there. Reverb is far cheaper to use than e-Bay, and obviously I've had great luck moving my used gear. Their interface is easy to use, and the one time I needed assistance, a chat session quickly and easily answered my issue. I personally give the place five stars. I'm constantly on there trolling around, which is really bad because I only see things I want and know I don't really need!

Bill
    Good to hear you have had positive experiences on that site! And yes, trolling is dangerous, it usually means you end up spending $$$$