Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: YES - USA Summer Tour- Tales & Drama

YES - USA Summer Tour- Tales & Drama

Ticketmaster has listed the first date; Celeste Center, Columbus, OH (Ohio State Fair) Wed, Jul 27, 2016 07:00 PM. On-sale Saturday, April 2nd @ noon est.
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/yes-colu...1&minorcatid=1 (They're still using a promo photo with Chris.)

New Geoff Downes interview where he mentions the tour and some Asia news and a YES tour of Japan- http://www.nationalrockreview.com/in...-downes-of-yes

**NRR: What else do you have in store for the rest of 2016?
    Downes: Well I think once we get this tour in Europe done, there will probably be a summer tour in the U.S. Then hopefully I will come back and do some Asia stuff with John and record another album with him. Then I think we are going to Japan with YES towards the end of November, so this year is kind of full up already. So I’m hoping to have a weeks holiday somewhere (laughing).**
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Based on tweets, it looks like Geoff and John Wetton have been writing for Asia recently.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Based on tweets, it looks like Geoff and John Wetton have been writing for Asia recently.
    NRR: Do you have any plans to get Asia back off the ground again this year?

Downes: Well I’ve been working with John on some material since last year actually. John’s been sick for the last year or so now and has been having some fairly extensive medical treatment. In between that we’ve been putting together some songs that we hope sooner or later we will actually go into the studio and do another Asia album.
    I worry a bit about John Wetton, based on what's been going on with him, but I'll trust his judgment.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

I worry about John Wetton all the time, honestly. As much as one can worry about anyone that they don't actually know, that is.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

It's nice to see John Wetton is scheduled to appear as a special guest star of the new “Excalibur” rock opera, which is touring German arenas in December 2016.
    I also like his heading on his twitter page- "4th Dimension quotidien alkie. Lisa's Man. Dylan Dad. Cancer fighter."
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Nope, they're not doing Tales from Topographic Oceans or Relayer complete, no interest.
    ...or you could love

Since many here have far more knowledge of the current Yes landscape than I do, one simple question since I truly have no clue.

Who's the bass player on this 2016 tour? If it's Wetton that would be one more prog God with a death wish.

I saw him twice with D97 in the midwest, and his voice was shockingly (to me) f*****g great, but he looked very tired, and didn't even have to play bass.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Who's the bass player on this 2016 tour?
    Still Sherwood, I imagine.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Yes, it's Billy Sherwood. I would imagine that he's now the "official" bass player in the band.

If it's the same exact lineup as the last time I saw them (ie right after Chris's passing with Billy as his replacement)then I'll probably pass.

Having seen the last first tour without the "Fish" they would need to hire musicians to play Relayer! Chris may have been the only one in the band who could have played his parts on Relayer.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I thought they were very good on CTTE.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I thought they were very good on CTTE.
    I thought so, as well. Better than the few clips I'd seen prior to the cruise (though I had purposely not watched a bunch). It was a nice surprise how good they were.

Yes Summer US Tour

One date announced so far: Columbus OH, July 27. Assuming it's still Drama'Fragile?

Sorry, didn't see there was a thread already, go ahead and delete this one..

I don't see Yes anymore they were my fav band but other than seeing the great Howe--this line up sucks---However if I did go see them I think this playing whole albums is getting tired. Honestly don't get the appeal when they have so many songs from so many albums that haven't been played in many years. That long time fans would love to hear.

Hope they come to Cleveland this time.

Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    One date announced so far: Columbus OH, July 27. Assuming it's still Drama'Fragile?
    No, it's Drama + half of Tales.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post

Henry
    I'll be very impressed if they can sell promoters on this one... I know I'm there, if at all possible.

Obviously with only two LPs of material here they have time to do Roundabout, ISAGP, ST, and Owner. Hopefully that will satisfy the casual audience.

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post

Henry
    Thanks, didn't know that. Sides one and four I assume?

If Yes, or any other Prog band comes to Dallas, I will go to see them (if it fits my schedule) Some of you are far more picky, but I'd go see a cover band that plays Yes. People who live in Dallas/Ft Worth cannot be choosy. Actually, they can, but they wot get out much.

I love Yes, I love good live music. I seldom have the opportunity to see any of my favorite musicians in person, so that pretty well means I'm up for just about anything, should the opportunity arise.

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    I'll be very impressed if they can sell promoters on this one... I know I'm there, if at all possible. .
    There's really only one promoter, and I'm sure Yes cleared it with LN before embarking on this.

Can a mod please merge the two threads? They're pretty much right next to each other on the front page.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    There's really only one promoter, and I'm sure Yes cleared it with LN before embarking on this.
    Maybe I'm using the term 'promoter' incorrectly. I mean the guys who fork out the advance and work with a set of venues in one geographical area to put butts in seats.