Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rachel Flowers should be at Carl Palmer's Keith Emerson Tribute Concert

Rachel Flowers should be at Carl Palmer's Keith Emerson Tribute Concert

I read that Carl Palmer is planning a tribute concert later this year for his fallen friend. When I read this I could not think of a better performer for this show than Rachel Flowers. Her prowess as a musician is impeccable, and her renditions of Emerson's work is flawless. I'm certain she would be a show stopper at this concert and a highlight. I've already posted this on her Facebook page and hope others here will follow. I'd even go so far as to start a collection to help secure her trip overseas. Let's help Rachel, if interested, to do her part in the tribute.

https://www.facebook.com/RachelFlowersMusic/

rfke10449085_855214301191135_1333814333_n.jpg
    Last edited by AncientChord; 03-15-2016 at 08:58 PM.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

I hate seeing a good thing go unanswered... I just learned of Rachael Flowers from the RIP thread a day or two ago and watched the vid of her playing Keith's trilogy... And he seemed to have liked her quite a bit and vice versa. She does seem like a good choice if something were to come about. She sure has the style and talent down. Good wishes.
    Still alive and well...

^^^Thanks as was beginning to wonder if anyone gave a damn? Here's more links to this amazing talent. You'll understand why I'm so certain she should play at the Emerson tribute. I hope her mother, Jeanie sees the Facebook page and the posts here at PE.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...rachel+flowers

https://soundcloud.com/rachelflowers-1

She should and Greg Lake should be there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    She should and Greg Lake should be there too.
    Lake will probably be there. And Rachel's chops can definitely compete with the best of the best. After all there was Emerson, Lake & Powell, so why not Flowers, Lake & Palmer?

rfgl051912-Lake-630_628_419_c1.jpg

Rachel would be a great choice if something can be arranged. She is the best I've seen at capturing the intensity that Keith brought to his playing, which was one of the things that made him unique. It would be great if the Albert Hall in London could be booked, though that might be short notice. Or Croydon Fairfield Hall, Newcastle City Hall or the Royal Festival Hall for their historical associations. From the glowing tributes there have been online I'm sure some of Keith's keyboard peers would attend if they were able. Rick Wakeman, Brian Auger, Dave Stewart, the jazz pianist Billy Childs, the classical players Jeffrey Biegel and Peter Donohoe. Could be a great night if even some of this came off.

I agree completely... it was my first thought when I saw Keith's death. She plays so friggin amazing on everything I've heard. Would be great!

Given that while Rachel had a lot of contact with Keith, through him both Greg & Carl certainly have heard her and have acknowledged how special her talent is.

It's hard to believe that if something does get put together that she wouldn't be invited to participate.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by AncientChord View Post
    Flowers, Lake & Palmer?
    great band name! It evokes images of a desert oasis.

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    great band name! It evokes images of a desert oasis.
    hell yeah!!

How about Flowers, Bonilla and Palmer?

It would be great if she participated.... but ...

I would not want to put pressure on her to do so. Invitation - Yes; Acceptance - let her decide.
    "Normal is just the average of extremes" - Gary Lessor

Nice to see everyone ignore Tom of Noddy's Puncture.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbassdrum View Post
    It would be great if she participated.... but ...

I would not want to put pressure on her to do so. Invitation - Yes; Acceptance - let her decide.
    Oh I completely agree. That's why I said "If interested." I just wanted her mother to see that Rachel's fans think she would be the perfect choice for this show.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Scherze View Post
    I was also thinking of Tom and his band. Hopefully this sad news will create more interest for them from venues and promoters. Anyone carrying on Keith's legacy at Noddy's skill level should be applauded.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Scherze View Post
    Sorry for being so naive. I've never heard of Noddy's Puncture, but will sure check them out. Maybe Carl Palmer should check them out also?

Sorry for being so naive. I've never heard of Noddy's Puncture, but will sure check them out. Maybe Carl Palmer should check them out also?
    I think if you do a search you'll see some posts from Tom with videos. He drops in here to promote their appearances (only in the UK, sadly) from time to time. Or check them out on YT.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

On one of their CDs (of their live ELP show), Thank You, Masked Man, Emerson joined them onstage to play some stuff.

http://www.noddyspuncture.co.uk/audio.html

Also, for High Voltage, he borrowed Tom's L-100.

"In 2005 Keith Emerson actually came along to one of the Noddy's gigs at his local pub The Six Bells - he got on stage and joined in. Fortunately this gig was being recorded and was subsequently released on CD with Mr.Emerson's permission...!!

In 2009 Tom was asked by Keith if he could find a Hammond L100 for him to use (or "trash" as he put it...) on his guest appearance with Spinal Tap at the Wembley Arena.

And in 2010, when ELP reformed to headline the High Voltage festival in London, Tom's Hammond L100 was once again used for the 'Rondo' encore.

Special moments indeed - and the very same Hammond L100 is still being used by Noddy's Puncture to keep that ELP flag flying high...!"

^^^^Wow, was totally unaware. Thanks!

Tom deserves also a place in a tribute!

As does Jordan-
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

I just received this private message from Rachel's mom on Facebook:

Rachel Flowers Music 10:03am Mar 17
    Hello Dennis - Thank you for reaching out to Rachel. She is feeling the loss of her mentor, friend, and idol very deeply, as you might guess. I have read probably some of the same things you have regarding a tribute, but we have not been officially contacted by anyone. I'm sure plenty of big names are being floated, but if the opportunity to be involved in some kind of tribute to Keith comes up we would certainly do everything in our power to make it happen.
    Thank you,
    Jeanie Flowers

Rachel Flowers can play in my band any day of the week.
    The Prog Corner

Keyboardists for an Emerson tribute concert:

Rachel Flowers
    Jordan Rudess
    Mark Robertson

Jefferson James
    I think Rachel would be an amazing and wonderful addition to whatever the final line up turns out to be. Hoping to see it happen!

I think Mike Keneally would be great to have there, too.