Thread: RIP Petr Zidel (Uz Jsme Doma)

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar

RIP Petr Zidel (Uz Jsme Doma)

RIP Petr
    He can be seen on the bands 20th anniversary dvd

From the band

Unfortunately, there is one very sad news - peter židel died. He played with us on lead guitar, for several years and should be able to see you on DVD 20 flights. Peter was a very nice man, a quiet, humble and reliable. He had a unique sense of humor, telling jokes with the rocky face.

uzjsmedoma.jpg
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

wow, he must have been really young !RIP

So sorry to hear this. Does it say anything as to why he passed? Was it an illness, an accident etc.

He did a very good job for the band, although they've admittedly run through their share of members.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Sorry to hear this. RIP.

Banned
    RIP Petr Zidel

Oh, sad news. RIP

RIP
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

RIP. Was he one of the founding members, like in the band about 10 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by regenerativemusic View Post
    Was he one of the founding members, like in the band about 10 years ago?
    I believe he joined in about 2005; the band as such og back at least 30 years now. I think they've had nearly 25-30 members all in all.
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Rest in peace.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    I believe he joined in about 2005; the band as such og back at least 30 years now. I think they've had nearly 25-30 members all in all.
    I think you are correct, I couldn't find him on any of the album credits but he's certainly on the 20th anniversary dvd as the primary guitarist.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I think you are correct, I couldn't find him on any of the album credits but he's certainly on the 20th anniversary dvd as the primary guitarist.
    He was with the band for about two years, but he missed out on any new studio recording, so he only appears on the 20th anniversary concert CD and dvd. The only studio track he played on was Životopis , their only track on an album called 'Brno - město básníků' which was unique in having lyrics not by Wanek -it was a tribute to a local poet and used his words. But a very fine guitarist none the less!

Piotr and Petr.

No Peters, Pedros, Pierres or Pietros to follow please!!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

So sorry to hear this. Does it say anything as to why he passed? Was it an illness, an accident etc.

He did a very good job for the band, although they've admittedly run through their share of members.
    Your question will be ignored as usual. I will never understand why some people think is not "politically correct" to mention how someone dies. RIP.

From a Czech news site

According to group members drowned in a flooded slate quarry in Svobodne Hermanice in Bruntal, where he was accredited as a diver.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    From a Czech news site

According to group members drowned in a flooded slate quarry in Svobodne Hermanice in Bruntal, where he was accredited as a diver.
    Mirek posted an article on the band's FaceBook page that confirms this. Petr Židel was an experienced SCUBA diver with over 200 dives to his credit. Apparently, at a depth of about 95 feet, Petr's oxygen regulator malfunctioned and he was forced to ascend too rapidly. The autopsy suggests a pulmonary barotrauma from overpressure. So terribly tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pook1973 View Post
    The autopsy suggests a pulmonary barotrauma from overpressure. (
    That's truly horrible.

That's truly horrible.

Indeed.