Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Person of Interest..

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    SPOILER: {They were trying to make us think first, that Fusco was going to the the one who's killed, then they made it like it could be Reese. NOPE! I guess Taraji Henson wants to work in movies, but cripes, she's lined up for a Steve Harvey movie-WTF?!}

like this HR storyline a lot better than last years convoluted "the machine can call people, move itself, survive a virus" mess. but then this 3 parter is not a season-ender so there's still a chance the convolution will return especially with Root still in the fold.

side note: how come the machine didn't spit out a number for Fusco or Carter in addition to Reese?

and i can't believe the character that got killed actually got killed. wtf?
    Last edited by UnephenStephen; 11-22-2013 at 08:50 PM.
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

this week's episode a bit less intense, but the scene where Root tells Fusco how his mother picked his name was positively creepy!
    Also, Enrico Colatoni's Elias is the role of a lifetime for him, and he doesn't have to do much.

This week was weird in that I found myself actually cheering for Root to take out Control.

I was hoping Root would torture Control also. But then, I think Root would be a lot of fun to have as a girlfriend. I know it would end terribly and horribly, but it would be a lot of fun while it lasted!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

Nothing better than a crazy chick...for a month, maybe two

Pretty cool opener. Definitely going in an interesting direction. I'm not really digging the whole Reese/Fusco thing though.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Count me among those blown away by the character getting eliminated.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

This weeks episode was one of the best. The move Reese used on Cell Phone Jerk was classic, and I can see the Flight Attendant becoming a love interest for Reese now that Carter is gone and Zoe is fading from the picture.

this show has really gone off the deep end now. Root suddenly becomes a good guy, there's now a second machine when i didn't really understand what was going on with the first, the evil hitman guy who previously worked for the evil Washington guys is now helping Reece and Shaw, etc. now we have this idiotic militant group sticking their nose into things. give me a break. why do these shows insist on overcomplicating thier storylines to the point of total incoherence. get back to the point of the show already. i stuck with it up to now but i've had enough.

Unevensong - Camel

Quote Originally Posted by UnephenStephen View Post
    this show has really gone off the deep end now. Root suddenly becomes a good guy, there's now a second machine when i didn't really understand what was going on with the first, the evil hitman guy who previously worked for the evil Washington guys is now helping Reece and Shaw, etc. now we have this idiotic militant group sticking their nose into things. give me a break. why do these shows insist on overcomplicating thier storylines to the point of total incoherence. get back to the point of the show already. i stuck with it up to now but i've had enough.
    After watching the first 2 episodes of "24" I can fairly say "this person is NOT interested anymore." Just seems like it's sooooo sloooowwww too.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

I'm watching both, but compared to PoI, 24 is positively antiquated. And as long as Kim Raver is involved, severely handicapped.

couldn't have said it better myself..
    http://www.palmerreport.com/news/per...can-land-feet/

Unevensong - Camel

Quote Originally Posted by UnephenStephen View Post
    couldn't have said it better myself..
    http://www.palmerreport.com/news/per...can-land-feet/
    I'm not without my own set of criticisms, but I disagree that it's 'jumped the shark' at all.

At the end of one of its best and most cinematic episodes, the show kills off its third most important character for no good reason. That alone was enough to be the moment at which the show jumped the shark.
    They've stated that this was planned before the actor was even cast.
    Either way her exit sabotaged what had been Person of Interest’s big comeback episode, and left viewers complaining about the move while asking if there was any way the show’s storyline could continue without her. The answer turns out to be that the premise of the show, where the “machine” predicts a murder which has to be stopped, has been thrown out the window altogether.
    I'm guessing they wanted to avoid getting into a rut with the same type of storyline every week: (New number, find out if the number is a victim or a perp, save somebody.)
    Suddenly there’s a retroactive backstory about how Harold Finch really created the machine to help his ailing father, or he stole the idea from his college classmate who is now a terminally ill character on the show, and there’s another competing machine out there, or there isn’t.
    Retroactive backstories has been a feature of the show from day one.
    Shaw, who has the same skills and personality as Reese and appears to have been introduced only to take screen time away from him, has also been pushed more into the spotlight. And that’s a problem, because while this show managed to get all of its initial characters right on the money, none of the ones they’ve added subsequently have been particularly watchable.
    Maybe they're developing Shaw as a potential replacement Reese in case Jesus decides to quit the show, but in so doing, they seem to have completely abandoned the idea of her "axis II personality disorder". And they keep making it seem as though Root has the hots for her.
    In any case it feels like the opportunity for the show to get back to what it was originally good at is simply gone – so much so that you have to wonder if there will be a season four.
    Moot point - the network ordered a season 4 a few months ago. Looks like next year we'll have the team (& the Machine?) trying to overcome Cigarette Non-smoking Man and his new master Samaritan. One thing I can't recall, was Fat Broad one of the people that Root hacked Samaritan to not consider as a threat?

One thing I'm getting sick of is the last 5 minutes of a show --any drama these days, not just this show -- being played out over a pop song soundtrack. Whatever happened to just having a good instrumental score?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Looks like next year we'll have the team (& the Machine?) trying to overcome Cigarette Non-smoking Man and his new master Samaritan. One thing I can't recall, was Fat Broad one of the people that Root hacked Samaritan to not consider as a threat?
    No. But I don't recall Fusco getting a pass either. It's just Root, Shaw , Reese and Finch. And Root's 3 hackers.
    Last edited by Calabasas_Trafalgar; 05-23-2014 at 03:49 PM.

I for one, am hoping they bring back some of the old characters like Elias and Zoe.

The new season seems to be starting off splendidly. Because of the identity changes, all of the "team" now has a separate identity(except Fusco). Reese is a cop and is paired with Fusco(and their female boss is an absolute howl), Root and Finch are also reluctant partners, and Shaw and the dog back up whoever needs their help. And Elias turned up in an early episode. Root and Shaw have both mastered Reese's technique of shooting for the kneecaps, and Finch is now going by another bird-name, Mr. Egret. Root is slowly getting Finch back into the fold with instructions from the Machine. But still no sign of Zoe, who seems to have been cast adrift.

Quote Originally Posted by Calabasas_Trafalgar View Post
    But still no sign of Zoe, who seems to have been cast adrift.
    The actress has 2 other series going on.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_100_(TV_series)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCIS:_New_Orleans