Thread: Warhorse

Warhorse

Been reading a bit about Nick Simper lately, in the wake of the HOF snub.

Any fans of Warhorse? I've never listened to them, but feel I've missed something. Where should I begin?

I also learned that he recommended hiring Ian Gillan as Deep Purple's original vocalist. Ian wasn't interested at the time. Then when he was interested, he stated that he would join only on the condition that roger Glover be hired, as well. It's unfortunate that Simper, essentially, undermined his own membership in the band. Glover's a good bass player, but I prefer Simper's melodic style much more. And, he inspired my favorite DP song, "Chasing Shadows." I realize other factors were in play with his firing.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Only two albums, so ...

First album is better, IMO.

Just OK, imo, but start with the first LP.
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

Quote Originally Posted by JeffCarney View Post
    Only two albums, so ...

First album is better, IMO.
    methinks as well
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Any fans of Warhorse? I've never listened to them, but feel I've missed something. Where should I begin?
    Recommended stuff if you are in early 70s british underground. The debut is very strong heavy rock with excellent organ work. Red Sea by contrast, sonewhat disappoints with its more straight forward rock style. Not a bad album pre se, but a rather hurried effort in comparison to the debut.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

I bought Red Sea when it was released, it got played a couple of times I suspect.

I have both albums. I prefer the first one.