Page 83 of 106 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 2650

Thread: The 2016 NFL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    I agree that, without Carr, their chances of advancing far aren't very good, but why can't they beat Houston? Houston doesn't have a QB either, or their best defensive player. Yeah, they're on the road, but playing in Houston is not exactly like being on the road at Mile High, Arrowhead, Three Rivers, etc. I think this game is a toss-up.
    If they can find any sort of offense they have a shot. We'll see what this Connor kid can do!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I know there are some die hard Seahawks fans but before the Legion Of Boom they were few and far between. Seahawks were never a glamour team or one steeped in the fabric of NFL lore.
    I remember we all liked the Largent teams when we were kids because they always ran the trick plays, etc.

Because they sucked.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I'll admit to liking Zorn because he was a leftie. Stabler was the main reason I started taking for Oakland.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

All I'm hoping for is that we put up a fight and get a few licks in there. If we're down by 17-20 points in the first quarter we're doomed.

Just about every single talking head on ESPN's channels today is already anointing #12 as the only QB out of the 12 teams besides Brady that can, will & has overcome matchup problems as if they didn't exist, and they wouldn't bet against him no matter who the Cheese plays throughout the playoffs.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Just about every single talking head on ESPN's channels today is already anointing #12 as the only QB out of the 12 teams besides Brady that can, will & has overcome matchup problems as if they didn't exist, and they wouldn't bet against him no matter who the Cheese plays throughout the playoffs.
    ...just how we like it! Not a good feeling in my gut about Big Blue coming out of this game with a W, but ya never know! Good luck buddy! If you win you know I'll be proudly wearin' green and yellow next week
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Green Bay's biggest threat would probably be Atlanta. Green Bay has a bad secondary and Ryan - who is playing as well as Rodgers this year - will be able to do whatever he wants to it. Also, Green Bay would be on the road.

I'd bet against GB in that game, if it was to happen.

It's interesting how the media narratives could turn against the Cowboys in a few days, despite their being the #1 seed, provided that Seattle beats Detroit. Whichever team wins the GB/Giants game would be headed into Dallas riding a wave of media fawning. Either Rodgers wins his 7th in a row and has heroics against the best defense in the league, or the Giants defense stops Rodgers in Lambeau and looks stronger than ever as it goes to Dallas to play a team that it matches up well against and has already beaten twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    ...just how we like it! Not a good feeling in my gut about Big Blue coming out of this game with a W, but ya never know! Good luck buddy! If you win you know I'll be proudly wearin' green and yellow next week
    The Green Bay media love fest vs. the Giants this week reminds me a lot of that game in 2011. Nobody was picking the Giants that week, and they didn't just win, they totally dismantled them. Stuff like that happens almost every year, but most people seem to forget. Most of the time, the teams aren't far apart talent-wise and final scores from all over the spectrum of possibilities do happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    The Green Bay media love fest vs. the Giants this week reminds me a lot of that game in 2011. Nobody was picking the Giants that week, and they didn't just win, they totally dismantled them. Stuff like that happens almost every year, but most people seem to forget. Most of the time, the teams aren't far apart talent-wise and final scores from all over the spectrum of possibilities do happen.
    Brimming with over-confidence I ain't.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Brimming with over-confidence I ain't.
    and that's a good thing

the fanboys who are over-confident are the most fun to laugh at when their team craps the bed

I maintain cautious optimism. No rookie QB has ever played in a Super Bowl
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

No prediction on this game coming up. I guess I'm rooting for the Raiders. I hated them growing up living across the bay from Oakland. Now the "mystique" is gone so they're just a regular team.

Imagine that Houston defensive line if Watt was playing!! Clowney looks fantastic.

Oakland offensive game plan has been atrocious. If you aren't going to let Cook throw anything past the line of scrimmage, you are done!!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

The Texans offence hasn't done much. Raiders are still in this game.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Now we have a game, that was a great play by Clowney
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Raiders are still in this game.
    And then they're not......

This game has set the standard for offensive offense.

Go 'Hawks!!
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

NBC sideline reporter Heather Cox just just raised the bar for hotness! What a beautiful lady!!

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I was a Lions fans before Seattle's entry into the NFL. I became a fan of the Seahawks back in the early '80s. Living in Tennessee back when there were no pro teams of any kind, you just sorta migrate from team to team. I've rooted for just about every team but Dallas or Pittsburgh.

That is an unbelievable catch by Richardson.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Go 'Hawks!!
    That TD catch was incredible.

Richardson is having a game
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Richardson is having a game
    ...and the Lions aren't.

It must be really hard to be a Detroit Lions fan.

I wonder how much that splint on Stafford's finger hurt his game. They looked awful
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

A shame to see how the Raiders season ended. Still, they had a great season.