Page 7 of 106 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2016 NFL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    If ownership told the GM/personnel people that they had to make the deal (for the reasons you state above) then of course the whole thing is a lot easier to understand.
    It's a crap shoot. Or they REALLY like one of the top 2 QBs in this draft.

The move is fantastic on the Titans side of things, provided they select guys who will pan out. At 15, they'll still get an excellent player. If the Rams fail to improve then the 2017 1st and 3rd rounders will be high picks. Although the Rams pulled the same move on the 'Skins in 2012 and it didn't really get them anywhere so you never know...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

It's not as great a move for the Titans as it may seem. They had a chance to get an elite Left Tackle, supposedly the best to come in since Thomas, to protect their franchise QB. They won't get that now. I'm not saying I wouldn't have made the trade if I was them, but there was a price paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    It's a crap shoot. Or they REALLY like one of the top 2 QBs in this draft.

The move is fantastic on the Titans side of things, provided they select guys who will pan out. At 15, they'll still get an excellent player. If the Rams fail to improve then the 2017 1st and 3rd rounders will be high picks. Although the Rams pulled the same move on the 'Skins in 2012 and it didn't really get them anywhere so you never know...
    Tennessee will have the following picks in this draft in the first three rounds:

15, 34, 44, 46, 65, 77.

First three rounds are usually full of players. There's even big stars scattered in round 2 and even sometimes 3.

The only issue for them is maneuvering the cap space to take care of all the picks.

This trade is every bit as bad as the infamous Herschel Walker trade. Let's see if Tennessee can build their team off of it the way Dallas did.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    This trade is every bit as bad as the infamous Herschel Walker trade. Let's see if Tennessee can build their team off of it the way Dallas did.
    They will trade up next year.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Steelers and Rats on Christmas Day, week 16. Epic!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Steelers and Rats on Christmas Day, week 16. Epic!
    That sucks having to play on Christmas day.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I need tickets for Seahawks at Pats.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    ^ which one of your fan personalities will attend?
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Seahawks, always first.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

If I were the Rams I would have tried to pry Brett Hundley out of Green Bay who has made real progress in a reserve role. Not only that a LA hero of sorts. I am sure they could have gotten him a lot cheaper than what they spent this year for a guy coming out of college.

I don't think the Rams traded that much on the chance that they'll fall in love with one of the top two quarterbacks somewhere down the line. To part with that much, they must have already made up their minds on one of these guys.

Many feel that they are leaning towards Goff and not Wentz. We'll know in 2 weeks time...

Meanwhile, the NFL released the 2016 schedule, complete with 3 hrs of coverage on NFL Network:

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2016/REG1

The downward spiral continues:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/report--j...125823320.html

Soon, even the Arena League won't touch this guy.

"Kathy Griffin was there!" - LOL!!

Who here was defending this guy a couple of years ago? We knew he was a punk and he proves it every time he makes the news...

Who here was defending this guy a couple of years ago? We knew he was a punk and he proves it every time he makes the news...
    I wasn't defending him, but was taking a "wait and see" approach. I didn't know he was a punk. Whatever punkish things he had done at A&M must have been well covered up, and I assumed they wouldn't give the Heisman to someone with so much negative baggage. Maybe you guys followed his private life a lot more closely than I did.

Truth be told, I never heard of the guy until he was eligible for the Draft. His demeanor and the way he tumbled down the draft board to then give us the "money" sign when he was finally drafted had me thinking he was a punk. His later actions validated my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I wasn't defending him, but was taking a "wait and see" approach. I didn't know he was a punk. Whatever punkish things he had done at A&M must have been well covered up, and I assumed they wouldn't give the Heisman to someone with so much negative baggage. Maybe you guys followed his private life a lot more closely than I did.
    I agree with you. The guy had bona-fide NFL talent. Not necessarily to be the next Brett Favre, but I thought he could play and play well in the league. Not everybody with the talent makes it, though, so taking a wait-and-see position was the prudent one.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    The downward spiral continues:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/report--j...125823320.html

Soon, even the Arena League won't touch this guy.
    ah... to be priviledged
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Is this why he stated he was staying with Von Miller? He needs to grow up, leave his party friends behind, and decide if he truly wants to play football. My guess is things came easily at A&M and he just assumed he could coast into an NFL career. I am of the opinion that he does not possess the maturity or intestinal fortitude to make a serious go of it. He just wants to PAR-TAY!

Can't imagine why anyone would even bring this moron in for a workout at this point.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

My guess is things came easily at A&M and he just assumed he could coast into an NFL career.
    This.

I am of the opinion that he does not possess the maturity or intestinal fortitude to make a serious go of it. He just wants to PAR-TAY!
    If he could have his fondest wish, it would not be to be a successful NFL quarterback. It would be to be a successful Rapper. Someone said, he wants to be Drake. (Whoever that is.)

THE Drake?

Hate The Drake!

Last edited by Shadow; 04-16-2016 at 08:52 AM.

Eagles just traded up to #2 and a 2017 fourth round pick, with Cleveland for:

Eagles #1 (8)
    Eagles #3 (77)
    Eagles #4 (100)

Eagles first round pick in 2017

Eagles 2nd round pick in 2018.

What the heck are the Eagles thinking?!