Page 71 of 106 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2650

Thread: The 2016 NFL Discussion Thread

My rods and cones = completely fucked.

I just turned on the football game. ..Did it get preempted by a broadcast of the movie Tron?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    What is with these yardage decisions by the refs, they seem determined to keep us short of the yard marker, bizarre.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Those uniforms are a crime against God, mankind, and good taste!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Without a doubt, the ugliest, most horrible uniforms EVER! The Rams unis are cool actually.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I think they call it Prestone Green

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Well that was reckless

Sherman reminding people what can happen on 1st & goal passes from the 1 yard line.

Pretty ugly game but good enough.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I just started a job that has an hour commute from home, 40 minutes from the girlfriend's. I"m usually up around 5:30 (not that I"m happy about it). My official hours are 7:30-4:30, but I've been working 8-5 since I got here, a little over a month ago. Until someone says something, I'm not eager to get out of bed a half hour earlier.
    Ouch!

For me, I have had different careers throughout my life. Different start times with varying distances to drive to work:

-13 years of Alarm Technician (residential/commercial) - most days up by 5:30-7am, home between 3:30-5pm; commutes ranging from 30min-2hrs

-Elementary School PE teacher - school was 15 mins from me, and I didn't start until 11am and out by 2:30pm

-Graphic Designer - This was the cake job and commute. Had to be at work by 8:30am and I lived 240 seconds away!

-Touring - this job had the oddest hours. On a bus or hotel sleeping, up by 8-10am, asleep by midnite-2am. Of course there were variables like having to be up at 2am to do The Today Show or local morning news/talk shows.

No better schedule than working from home. I am a workaholic, so i would get assignments done by staying up late & working all day.

Now, I do both: work from home and I have a graphic design job (office by 8:30am) to maximize my income. My commute is only 15 minutes and it is against traffic, so it's a breeze. I can still do my at-home work at night, while catching plenty of sleep. I truly only need about 5-6 hours of sleep to function perfectly. I do love to get a power nap in on occasion.

I'm just glad that I made it into work today. My retinas are still burning from watching that game last night.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

The game was so boring, I think the unis were designed to be visual Starbucks, and keep people awake.

"This is what you're wearing tonight. Every time you play like you did in Green Bay a week ago we're going to make you wear them for the next game, unless we can come up with something even more ridiculous that makes you look even more foolish. Maybe we'll have Mrs. Wilson borrow some costumes from her dancers".

Paul Allen in the locker room prior to last night's game. What an inspiration he is.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    "This is what you're wearing tonight. Every time you play like you did in Green Bay a week ago we're going to make you wear them for the next game, unless we can come up with something even more ridiculous that makes you look even more foolish. Maybe we'll have Mrs. Wilson borrow some costumes from her dancers".

Paul Allen in the locker room prior to last night's game. What an inspiration he is.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

The unis are actually an advantage.. Between the crowd noise, the burned retinas, and the fits of laughter, how can an opponent focus on the game?
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

They were ghastly, I was surprised by how many people were buying them when I was at the stadium.
    Ian

I guess Seahawks football games attract a lot of traffic cops?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I guess Seahawks football games attract a lot of traffic cops?
    Or night time cyclists?
    Ian

Stupid Wilson throwing that late game INT made me lose 2 important Fantasy points...bastard!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

I think it might have been 9EFF00.

We're playing uphill already. Damn Dolphins. ....shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    We're playing uphill already. Damn Dolphins. ....shit.
    The Jets have had my 'Phins number for too long, this sweep tastes SCHWEEEEEET!
    J-E-T-S! Just End The Season!

GO DOLPHINS! 9-5 FOR MY BOYS!

NFL Network Post game :

Willie McGinest: "So, after the difficult start to the season, how were you able to pull it together and turn things around?"

Jarvis Landry: "Man, it was the schedule. We playin' crap teams. If we didn't play New England twice a year, I'd say the best team I've played was Alabama."

What I like about Matt Moore is those rainbows he throws. Let's see what happens in the next game. If we're gonna make any noise we have to beat Buffalo. The Pats will stomp our asses if the game isn't meaningless to them.

Yeah, we've beaten mostly crap teams, but it's a start anyway. There've been years when we're good and the Jets find a way to beat us. We've been in this same position before. All we have to do is "win out" and we're in the playoffs, and then we throw up on ourselves and finish 8-8 and no playoffs. Right now we have hope for a wildcard spot. Just making the playoffs is a statement for this team.