Page 67 of 106 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 2650

Thread: The 2016 NFL Discussion Thread

Very typical 2016 Eagles game today. Had the game won, but turned the ball over at the end to give victory to the opponent.

So much wasted opportunity this year. This team isn't remotely good, but they've had a shot to get 9-10 wins this year.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I crapped my pants. Another life and death win. I'll be happy if we win the next 2 outta 3. We might be wildcards.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post

So much wasted opportunity this year. This team isn't remotely good, but they've had a shot to get 9-10 wins this year.
    You need to approach the games with the right mindset. Nobody, you or anybody else, thought the Eagles were going to contend this year. However...next best thing...you have a losing team that found it's franchise quarterback. Lottery win!..Hello, future! You are in the mix going forward, not on the outside looking in, and that is significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Browns offense is laughable! RG3 is awful.
    Positives related to Griffin: Definitely has a strong, NFL caliber arm. Mobile, able to get out of trouble.

Cons related to Griffin: Made of glass. Beyond injury prone. Woefully inaccurate. Doesn't make quick reads, leading to missing opportunities for wide open receivers. Late on the deep ball. While he has the arm to hit the home run, his percentage on such plays is terrible because he doesn't get rid of the ball quick enough, turning fly routes into jump balls.

Conclusion: A potentially able back-up, but at 7 mil per season, or whatever he's playing at, a luxury the Browns cannot afford.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    You need to approach the games with the right mindset. Nobody, you or anybody else, thought the Eagles were going to contend this year. However...next best thing...you have a losing team that found it's franchise quarterback. Lottery win!..Hello, future! You are in the mix going forward, not on the outside looking in, and that is significant.
    Agreed 100%. With a good draft and a signing or two, the Eagles could be championship contenders next year or the year after.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Russell Wilson looking like shit today.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    Of course, but not all wins mean the same thing . That's why there is always a team with a big record and a weak schedule that wins most games close or rlukey and inevitably lives down to what they really are in the playoffs. In recent years, we've seen Kansas City and Arizona be these teams. This year, it's Dallas (unless they were to go with Tony Romo).
    I don't have any skin in this, and I apologize for being late with this, but I'm curious about your analysis. I know that you're an analytics guy, and that will be right much of the time, but I'm curious as to how you think Romo is a playoff upgrade? Part of this guy's track record, you could even say baked into his DNA, is that he will make the big mistake in a playoff game. While Prescott in the post-season is an unknown quantity, Romo is not, and it's not good. Looking objectively, it looks like you've abandoned analytics for faith. (Always a bad move.) Unless you're comparing generic rookie QB to generic veteran QB, but that's not what we're doing here.

In my opinion, to go on the record...I hate the Cowboys, and don't want to see them do well. However, if they continue to roll the way they have, that is...if they don't have a real struggle, their confidence will continue to match their talent level and will run all the way to the Super Bowl. Not saying they'll win it, but...

If the Cowboys struggle to win, especially if it's in a Playoff game in which they're favored, the mindset and confidence that they've been running on could be broken, and they could lose the next Playoff game. We'll see how it plays out.

And...the Lions continue to win games in the 4th quarter that in any other year they would lose. The offense and Stafford played shitty, but it didn't matter. Also, as far as I know, a Chicago offensive lineman is still holding a Lion defensive tackle in the locker room.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

I'm curious as to how you think Romo is a playoff upgrade? Part of this guy's track record, you could even say baked into his DNA, is that he will make the big mistake in a playoff game. While Prescott in the post-season is an unknown quantity, Romo is not, and it's not good.
    ^agreed

Even if Prescott drops a major turd in the playoffs he'll still lag far behind Romo in that department.

Cheezus, that was a lucky INT.

Cheezus, that was a lucky INT.
    How about the next one?

I'll tell you what guys: Go see an NFL game.

Man, I get it is expensive and stupid, but, shit, it's fun.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

7:33 to go in the 3rd qtr. & Russell W has thrown 4 picks in this game (so far) & the Cheese are up by 18.

I'm not nearly ready to gloat, since A-Rod is playing on one leg & I've learned never to underestimate RW's comeback ability.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Starting to gloat. Cheese by 25
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

How about the next one?
    That too.

Yeesus how bad are the 49ers? They can't even beat the Jets.

Agreed 100%. With a good draft and a signing or two, the Eagles could be championship contenders next year or the year after.
    Right. I get that. For the most part. They're further away than "a good draft and a signing or two," but they're potentially heading in the right direction.

It's more about the way they're losing - snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, etc. - that makes it frustrating to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    I'll tell you what guys: Go see an NFL game.

Man, I get it is expensive and stupid, but, shit, it's fun.
    It is fun, but NFL football is a much better game at home, with replays, RedZone, etc. In my opinion.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    This will be Chip Kelly's last NFL job.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Fuck the goddamn 49ers. I can't even root for my crap team to win.

Big Ben shit his pants today (wishing I had played Dak but fuck wishing) but my "Phins won in a game I could not watch the end of. (I dumped NFL Direct because it was too much and fuck the NFL) but they won. Sucks about Tannenhill but these things happen. Got my head handed to me on a platter in fantasy football...at the beginning but I am 15 points behind my opponent with Elliot and Tucker kicking. Yes, I did bench the Ravens DST and played Atlanta's DST. One in every 25 changes I make pays off. GO ZEKE!!!!!!!!!

NP - Jethro Tull - Stormwatch

Seattle's worst two games this year come against teams with the word Bay in their names.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    We need to stop playing away from home, can that be organized?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    We need to stop playing away from home, can that be organized?
    well, if we keep losing we'll be lucky to get one home playoff game

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Elf View Post
    And...the Lions continue to win games in the 4th quarter that in any other year they would lose. The offense and Stafford played shitty, but it didn't matter. Also, as far as I know, a Chicago offensive lineman is still holding a Lion defensive tackle in the locker room.
    It was not pretty, but I will take it. One win away from a guaranteed playoff spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    Big Ben shit his pants today (wishing I had played Dak but fuck wishing)
    Oh yeah?

D. Prescott: 17/37 165yds, TD, 2INT

Prescott picked up right where he left off against two other good defenses he has faced in recent weeks (Minnesota, Washington).

Dak Prescott is the product of a historically great offensive line, one of the league's best running backs, a great wide receiver and a probable HOF tight end. He's usually very efficient in the modified offense that he runs, but he doesn't make many plays, and you need a QB who can make plays to win games against good teams.

That he would struggle mightily tonight was quite an easy prediction, despite the Giants complete lack of a pass rush. On a night when the Giants offense was about as bad as an offense with the best receiver in the league can can possibly be, the Dak-led Cowboys managed to be even worse. Prescott was throwing the ball all over the field, often nowhere near receivers, and was something like 1-14 on third downs. Romo would have put some points up against the Giants tonight, so I was very happy that he was not playing.

Neither the Giants nor Cowboys are as good as their records. Both benefited from playing softer-than-average schedules throughout the first 3/4 of the season. Right now, the Cowboys are "that team" that we see almost every year that has a big record but you know can't beat a good team in the playoffs. Unlike the Giants, however - who have no solutions for their talent voids at running back and offensive line and thus cannot hope to become a complete team at any point during this season - the Cowboys can instantly become the 2nd best team in the league by starting Tony Romo. The entire league - and especially the NFC - thanks Jerry Jones for his idiocy!