Page 66 of 106 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 2650

Thread: The 2016 NFL Discussion Thread

The Chefs rarely look impressive, but they just win, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Doubling down. Nice!
    Doubling down on what? You're disputing the fact that the NFL often produces teams with records that don't reflect how good they actually are?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    It's still that stupid "color rush" nonsense, Vic. Every Thursday.
    What color, it's all white. Terrible uniform.

I skipped most of the second half and went beddy bye (5am comes around pretty early). I really thought the Raiders might pull this off but credit to the KC defense for not allowing the Raiders to capitalize on those turnovers (meaning those turnovers could've been disasterous and moral killing). Alex Smith looked a little like Ryan Tannihill last night so I wouldn't have been surprised if the Raiders would've won.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Raiders will not make it to the SB. I am thinking a playoff spot is almost for sure, but I see KC surpassing them on the tie breaker and the Raiders falling to 5th seed. They would play a road game against a weaker division champion. They can win that one then get a game against the #2 seed: KC. IF they get past that one, they lose in NE.

Next year though, the Raiders could be a legit SB contender...
    Posted this a week ago and I stand by it. Chiefs are a little further along than the Raiders at this point. This is the second season in a row that they sweep us. Raiders had their chances. I thought the defense played an outstanding game barring a few long plays by KC. I knew that special teams penalty that lead to a re-kick and a TD would be the difference. Carr came out a little cold but also threw many catchable balls that his guys dropped. He did miss Richard late in the first half for a TD and Cooper ran a funny route on what should have been a TD late in the 4th... KC have all but locked up the division now. Raiders and Broncos should prevail as Wildcards, but in what order?
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    What color, it's all white. Terrible uniform.
    White is a color. When they announced the hideous "color rush" uni plan, I went to the website to see how all of the teams unis looked. They were garish and horrible, just like the kids like these days. 2 or 3 teams opted for all white. I took that to be something akin to a "protest vote," since all white road uniforms are not unusual. Good for them. Maybe I've been conditioned by watching a team often all in white for many years, but I'll take that over the tacky Saskatchewan unis any day.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    You don't like the Seahawk's neon fluorescent green ones?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Worst. Unis. Ever. (Well, except for those Squealers Romper Room throwbacks.)

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Posted this a week ago and I stand by it. Chiefs are a little further along than the Raiders at this point. This is the second season in a row that they sweep us. Raiders had their chances. I thought the defense played an outstanding game barring a few long plays by KC. I knew that special teams penalty that lead to a re-kick and a TD would be the difference. Carr came out a little cold but also threw many catchable balls that his guys dropped. He did miss Richard late in the first half for a TD and Cooper ran a funny route on what should have been a TD late in the 4th... KC have all but locked up the division now. Raiders and Broncos should prevail as Wildcards, but in what order?
    I've always heard that teams rarely get beaten 3 times in a row by the same team in the same season. If these two meet in the playoffs don't be surprised if the Raiders beat the Chiefs.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    It happened the year the Titans went to the Superbowl; they gave the Jaguars their only two loses that year, then beat them in the playoffs. The year the Ravens won their first Superbowl they swept the Titans (then in the same division) then beat them in the playoffs. The Rams did it to the Seahawks a few years back.

My old high school basketball coach used to worry the most about playing in a tournament against teams you faced twice and barely beat. They're seen all your stuff and the odds of doing it one more time just gets that much tougher.

Gods, those all red Chief uniforms were bad. But nothing, not even the Seahawks' green ones, are as bad as those striped Steelers unis.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    At least your Raiderz had chances. Can't say I've watched alot of the silver and black this year, but the difference in this game was that they just could capitalize/execute when needed whereas in games vs. the saints, bills, bucs, etc they took advantage when they needed too. Obviously at the end of the day it's still a loss, but part of me would feel better that they werent' just blown out of the water.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I love them. But I like most of the ugly unis. (And I don't even think they are ugly, just overly loud and searing)
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

It was a bit surprising how many fans had the shirts at the game but I guess the NFL know their marketing
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I like the Steeler bumblebee uniforms!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    I like the Steeler bumblebee uniforms!
    You are one sick individual
    Ian

You are one sick individual
    Man, if I had a dollar for every time I heard that!

I'm sure the Steeler uniform gods got their inspiration from Belushi, Ackroyd, Curtin, Newman etc., all of whom looked far better than Ben when "beeing".
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I'm sure the Steeler uniform gods got their inspiration from Belushi, Ackroyd, Curtin, Newman etc., all of whom looked far better than Ben when "beeing".
    Sadly, these unis predate SNL by a few decades.

Browns offense is laughable! RG3 is awful.

Eeeesshh what a sloppy game. But we're winning.

Better than watching the Vikings vs the Jags. Game has all the thrills and skills of a soccer match between five-year-olds.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Tanny is out. Hyper extended knee. Hope he didn't rupture his ACL. A year ago I'd be cheering.....yay he's out for the season.....

Oooohffff another safety on a blocked PAT. Third one I've seen in one week.

Your team is crapping it's pants, Vic.