Page 59 of 106 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 2650

Thread: The 2016 NFL Discussion Thread

The Rams D is not fooling around. Oy, it's gonna be a long afternoon. I'm still surprised we beat the Chargers.

Our D isn't fooling around either.

Why did Philadelphia trade Kiko Alonso one year after trading Slim Shady to get him? He was coming off an injury. It makes no sense. What did they get in exchange?

And this tweet....
    ESPN Stats & Info @ESPNStatsInfo
    Ben Roethlisberger is 10-2 in Cleveland, tying Derek Anderson for most wins in Cleveland by ANY QB since franchise returned to NFL in 1999.

A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Jeezuz weer oh fer eleven on third down conversions today. Yeesh.

Epic collapse by Rams D

Holy shit?

You might not want to wait until the game is 55 minutes old before scoring next week!

What a win. It was a defensive struggle, and it was ugly. I'll take it. I'll take it......

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    You might not want to wait until the game is 55 minutes old before scoring next week!
    Are you kidding? I was shitting bricks the whole game. I thought we were gonna lose.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Good wins for Seahawks & Pats, cautiously optimistic.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

For those who live in Michigan, we are finally going to get a meaningful Thanksgiving Day game. Lions vs Vikings showdown for the NFC north lead.

I don't remember the last time the Dolphins won 3 games in a row let alone 5.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    For those who live in Michigan, we are finally going to get a meaningful Thanksgiving Day game. Lions vs Vikings showdown for the NFC north lead.
    the Packers Thanksgiving game from about 5 years ago was meaningful, but yeah they are few and far between. It will be for the division lead. We had to have our Thanksgiving meal early sometimes so I've eaten turkey and fixins on TV trays a time or two, living and dying with the Lions (mostly dying)
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    the Packers Thanksgiving game from about 5 years ago was meaningful, but yeah they are few and far between. It will be for the division lead. We had to have our Thanksgiving meal early sometimes so I've eaten turkey and fixins on TV trays a time or two, living and dying with the Lions (mostly dying)
    Yes, there have been a few meaningful ones. I have only gone to the Thanksgiving game once, but it was a total experience. People frying Turkeys in the parking lot, what a trip. At home our Thanksgiving meal is always planned after the Lions game. I know the rest of the country gets tired of seeing them every year, but it is a great tradition here in the state.

The Cheese is moldy.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Why did Philadelphia trade Kiko Alonso one year after trading Slim Shady to get him? He was coming off an injury. It makes no sense. What did they get in exchange?
    What did they get?

They got rid of Chip Kelly. Addition by subtraction.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Man, have the Vikings tanked!!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    What did they get?

They got rid of Chip Kelly. Addition by subtraction.
    !
    I was curious, so I checked. The Eagles traded a starting cornerback and a young quality outside linebacker to move up 5 places in the 1st round of the draft.

While that looks crazy on the surface, it was done so that they could package attractive enough picks to get the 2nd pick from the Browns and draft Wentz.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    cautiously optimistic.
    describes my feeling the whole season
    our Defense is 'just good enough' and yet somehow we are getting it done
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    The Cheese is moldy.
    sad for ya Geez

I was really hoping Rodgers was gonna get his stuff together against Washington
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Interesting stories about Rodgers coming to light lately.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Interesting stories about Rodgers coming to light lately.
    What stories?

IMO, the only thing that's wrong with the Packers right now is everything but Rodgers. If not for specifically & singularly him, they would definitely be 2-8 right now.

If they were ALL healthy (although that just doesn't happen in the NFL) so far this year, I believe they would be 8-2.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Rodgers is apparently estranged from his family according to his brother. Hasn't talked to any of them in a couple years, has returned Christmas gifts, denied ticket requests, etc. According to his brother this has been going on for a couple years. But no one is saying why this happened.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Phins do it again. I did only see the last 5 seconds of the game.

I thought they would win this one. Next is the 49ers. My boys could pull this one off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Rodgers is apparently estranged from his family according to his brother. Hasn't talked to any of them in a couple years, has returned Christmas gifts, denied ticket requests, etc. According to his brother this has been going on for a couple years. But no one is saying why this happened.
    I've read about that. Not sure if that's affected his performance on the field. I know I'm tired of that stupid Geico commercial they keep showing where he tries to kill a fly with a golf club. I guess it would be funny if the Packers were winning.