Results 976 to 1,000 of 2650

Thread: The 2016 NFL Discussion Thread

Too much orange. Hard on the eyes.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    They look like Tennessee
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Thought the same thing.

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Hilarious. I swear I thought the same thing. They look like popsicles.

And playing like popsicles. Tanny turns it over.

Goodnight.....ZZZZzzzzzzz. *click*

Wow, Vic. Your team really sucks.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Wow, Vic. Your team really sucks.
    They're your team without a quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    They're your cast-offs without a quarterback.

More of the same, year after year. And the sheep keep buying tickets to the games and buying "swag." Just woke up from my slumber . Haven't bothered to look at the final score.

Deangelo Williams left a 75 cent tip on a $128 bill because he said the service was terrible. Did the Steelers pay him 75 cents for last weeks game. What a piece of shit.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I have one life left in the survival league. Screw Detroit and Arizona.
    I survive for one more week.

Deangelo Williams left a 75 cent tip on a $128 bill because he said the service was terrible. Did the Steelers pay him 75 cents for last weeks game. What a piece of shit.
    IMO there's a difference between being a cheapskate about tips and leaving a low one for bad service. Tips aren't automatic - they have to be earned, Without knowing the circumstances of his experience, I can't say that he was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    IMO there's a difference between being a cheapskate about tips and leaving a low one for bad service. Tips aren't automatic - they have to be earned, Without knowing the circumstances of his experience, I can't say that he was wrong.
    Tips are pretty much automatic, unless you are a cheap piece of shit like him. What's $15-$20 dollars gonna hurt him to learn to never go there again. Now if the food was terrible that's a different story.

Tips are pretty much automatic, unless you are a cheap piece of shit like him. What's $15-$20 dollars gonna hurt him to learn to never go there again. Now if the food was terrible that's a different story.
    You tip the waiter/waitress for service, not for food quality.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    So if your service is poor how low a tip is still acceptable?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    One cent.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    For outright poor service? Zero.

It usually works out that I leave a zero or nominal tip a couple of times per year. (though I eat out probably between 100-150x per year, so this is a very low incidence. I should probably do it more, but I'm often quite soft-hearted on these matters. It depends on what kind of recompense that is being made for the service issues. If things are taken off the bill, I'll still tip (though on the lesser amount). If not,...

For the few places that I go to on a regular basis, I'd be more lenient. I usually tip around 25% at my regular places anyway.

Bottom line: a tip is a gratuity. It is given 100% at the discretion of the diner. It is not a legally enforceable obligation and it cannot be expected automatically.

It's etiquette, and everyone defines it differently.

For me, you start at 20% and it goes from there. For me, exceptional service gets rounded-up from 20%, poor service gets 15%, and terrible service gets 10%. I very rarely give less than 10%, as I try to give the benefit of doubt to those who are serving me. But, as I already pointed-out, I only grade on things that are within the server's control. So, a bad meal with good service would still get 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    More of the same, year after year. And the sheep keep buying tickets to the games and buying "swag." Just woke up from my slumber . Haven't bothered to look at the final score.
    I wouldn't call them sheep. For me, I kept buying season tickets for the L.A. Rams (1985-1994) because I enjoyed watching football games in person. The Rams had losing seasons for many of those years, but I still bought tickets. I was enthusiastic to see other teams and quarterbacks performing at their prime: Dan Marino, Phil Simms, John Elway, Joe Montana, etc. As of 1994, I had seen every team in the league in person. Well worth the price of season tickets. Sometimes it's not just about the record of the home team, but about the entire experience involved with attending an NFL game.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    It's etiquette, and everyone defines it differently.

For me, you start at 20% and it goes from there. For me, exceptional service gets rounded-up from 20%, poor service gets 15%, and terrible service gets 10%. I very rarely give less than 10%, as I try to give the benefit of doubt to those who are serving me. But, as I already pointed-out, I only grade on things that are within the server's control. So, a bad meal with good service would still get 20%.
    I'm right around those numbers, also. Nothing is guaranteed. What is guaranteed is compensation for a good job, and less for a crappy job.

He probably should have left her a twenty, and then knock her out.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Oh no you di'nt!!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

At least I'll have a Sunday without the Dullphins this weekend. I wanna see that Ravens/Raiders game.