Page 36 of 106 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2016 NFL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    The secondary is not good.

I already gave you this. It is not good, but is getting better. A hole, but not gaping.
    Hey, who you calling an A hole!
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Excellent!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Houston sucks!
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Speaking of sucks, Goodell, 0-3

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Speaking of sucks, Goodell, 0-3
    I fucking hate Belichick (I don't hate Kraft), but I hate Goodell much more!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Goodell = idiot

Belichick = wish he was our coach
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Man I hate New England!! But, I have to respect what they have been doing.

Man I hate New England!! But, I have to respect what they have been doing.
    Didn't watch the game, but the highlights and I was just shocked out how they were able to dominate Houston with a 3rd string QB. If they just showed Brissett's run on the reel, you'd think he was next great mobile QB (and maybe he is), but his stat line besides that was actually rather blah and Blount and NE kickoff teams were the real game killers.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    How about them Pats!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Imagine if when Brady is back they start losing games.....lol.

Said it weeks ago, Pats will win their division, and do damage in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    But not gaping...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

The secondary is not good.

I already gave you this. It is not good, but is getting better. A hole, but not gaping.

[I'm not basing anything on 2 games. I'm basing it on an evaluation of the players, their track record and upside. You've got 2 studs, DeCastro and Pouncey, neither of whom have been entirely good at staying on the field. The others are JAGs. Far from the worst O-line in the league, but still a "hole," when considering strengths./QUOTE]

Again, I disagree strongly. Villanueva has become a solid left tackle. Gilbert has been solid on the right side. Ramon Foster has been a dependable dominant run blocker at left guard. Far from JAGS!! They may not be the best line in the league, but the line is now considered a strength.

So now we have a gaping hole at backup quarterback? Really? We are going to the "What If" game? I'm sure we have a gaping hole at kicker if Boswell goes down too. C'mon!

Again, I am not saying Pittsburgh is the class of the league. I am saying that they are complete enough to potentially be there at the end.
    Yeah, I hear Homers with fan goggles calling into Sports talk radio all the time. Everybody our team gets is headed to the Hall.

I'm analyzing the team objectively, and you're grading on a curve. If the Squealers win the Super Bowl, it will be in spite of their secondary and O-line, not because of them. And if their backup QB is involved much, we won't even be having the discussion, because they won't win it. They will go as far as Big Ben takes them. The window for Rapistberger is closing, but he's still one of the top 3 or 4 quarterbacks in the League, and just might be able to strap that team on his back and carry them to the championship. I doubt it, but...maybe. Still doesn't mean they're a complete team without glaring weaknesses. (You seem to be having a bit of trouble with the semantics, so sub that in.)

However, I will say, if you don't think having a serviceable backup quarterback is a necessity in today's NFL, you haven't been paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    However, I will say, if you don't think having a serviceable backup quarterback is a necessity in today's NFL, you haven't been paying attention.
    Having a "serviceable backup quarterback" is a luxury. Many teams don't even have a competent starting QB.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Having a "serviceable backup quarterback" is a luxury. Many teams don't even have a competent starting QB.
    If you're a contender, and you don't have a serviceable backup, then you have a gaping hole on your team. End of story.

We've had a backup QB as our starter for 5 years now.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    It's not that New England is playing great football it's that New England is the only team playing sound football.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    It's not that New England is playing great football it's that New England is the only team playing sound football.
    In today's NFL that is great football
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I'm analyzing the team [Pittsburgh] objectively.
    Aren't you a Cleveland Browns fan?

New England is as well oiled a machine, from top to bottom, as there is in the NFL...like it or not, that's just how it is. Impressive as hell I say.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    New England is as well oiled a machine, from top to bottom, as there is in the NFL...like it or not, that's just how it is. Impressive as hell I say.
    Considering without Gronk as well - and with receivers in the present and past like Amendola and Brandon LaFell. Very impressive.

Yeah, I hear Homers with fan goggles calling into Sports talk radio all the time. Everybody our team gets is headed to the Hall.

I'm analyzing the team objectively, and you're grading on a curve. If the Squealers win the Super Bowl, it will be in spite of their secondary and O-line, not because of them. And if their backup QB is involved much, we won't even be having the discussion, because they won't win it. They will go as far as Big Ben takes them. The window for Rapistberger is closing, but he's still one of the top 3 or 4 quarterbacks in the League, and just might be able to strap that team on his back and carry them to the championship. I doubt it, but...maybe. Still doesn't mean they're a complete team without glaring weaknesses. (You seem to be having a bit of trouble with the semantics, so sub that in.)

Thank you, oh great bastion of objectivity! If you have paid any attention to these threads for the last half dozen years, you would know that I am FAR from a homer. I am a realist. I call the Steelers out wherever I feel they deserve it. I have lamented the secondary problems for years. They have addressed that with young players that are still learning, but providing a reason for hope. Landry Jones has pissed me off on more than one occasion.But he also came in for Vick last year and lit up the vaunted Cardinals Defense for two second half TDs and the win. He is the epitomie of Jeckyl and Hyde. (and no, I don't want to see him HAVE to play). You are simply outright wrong about the line.This is a solid group. Not much depth, but the starting 5 are a group I have no worries about. To further my point, I invite you to take a look at the article below from the fan goggled homers at Pro Football Focus, where they rank the lines of every team before this season...

http://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-...e-2016-season/

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mountain View Post
    Aren't you a Cleveland Browns fan?
    Yes indeed.

Thank you, oh great bastion of objectivity! If you have paid any attention to these threads for the last half dozen years, you would know that I am FAR from a homer. I am a realist. I call the Steelers out wherever I feel they deserve it. I have lamented the secondary problems for years. They have addressed that with young players that are still learning, but providing a reason for hope. Landry Jones has pissed me off on more than one occasion.But he also came in for Vick last year and lit up the vaunted Cardinals Defense for two second half TDs and the win. He is the epitomie of Jeckyl and Hyde. (and no, I don't want to see him HAVE to play). You are simply outright wrong about the line.This is a solid group. Not much depth, but the starting 5 are a group I have no worries about. To further my point, I invite you to take a look at the article below from the fan goggled homers at Pro Football Focus, where they rank the lines of every team before this season...

http://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-...e-2016-season/
    Well, we probably oughta stop before things get insulting, not that our moderator would have a problem with that. We're not going to agree on this.

Well, we probably oughta stop before things get insulting, not that our moderator would have a problem with that. We're not going to agree on this.
    We can still agree on Ohio State!

We can still agree on Ohio State!
    Really? What I get for assuming. I would have figured Penn St, or maybe Pitt.