Page 32 of 106 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2016 NFL Discussion Thread

RG III needs to do some serious evaluating about his post-football career path.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Proud Member since 2/2002 UnderAGlassMoon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    RG III needs to do some serious evaluating about his post-football career path.
    Yeah, the guy is made of glass. I feel sorry for Browns fans.

Still riding the high of the Raiders win yesterday. Love Del Rio channeling Al Davis with the two point call. JUST WIN BABY!
    Eric: "What the hell Hutch, it's all Rush, what if we wanted a little variety?"

Hutch: "Rush is variety, Bitch! Rule number one: in my van, its Rush! All Rush, all the time...no exceptions."

From "Fanboys" 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    It's been a bit of a whirlwind off-season for the Eagles (why is there always so much drama around here?), but this Wentz kid looked pretty damn good.
    He certainly passed the eye test...Excellent size, strong arm, quick release, and very accurate (which surprised the hell out of me.) The Browns didn't pressure him much, and he'll likely not look as good against better defenses, but he appears to have the skill set necessary to excel at the pro level. I'm wondering what the Browns saw that made them think he doesn't?

Hey Scott....

Do you remember Dr J from the Spock's Beard message board? He is the band director at North Dakota State, where Carson Wenz played.
    He has been bragging him up for three years. Said the guy was an absolute stud there, and was projecting a successful NFL career. (FWIW)
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

33 is the new 23! It is, if you happen to be DeAngelo Williams!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    He certainly passed the eye test...Excellent size, strong arm, quick release, and very accurate (which surprised the hell out of me.) The Browns didn't pressure him much, and he'll likely not look as good against better defenses, but he appears to have the skill set necessary to excel at the pro level. I'm wondering what the Browns saw that made them think he doesn't?
    As many around here are saying, it was one game, and it was against the Browns. So, not much to gather, yet. But I was impressed by the kid's poise and mobility. We'll see how he does against Da Bears next Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Hey Scott....

Do you remember Dr J from the Spock's Beard message board? He is the band director at North Dakota State, where Carson Wenz played.
    He has been bragging him up for three years. Said the guy was an absolute stud there, and was projecting a successful NFL career. (FWIW)
    I can believe that. From what I've heard, Wentz basically owns the whole state right now.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

How does Jeff Fisher keep getting re-signed?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    33 is the new 23! It is, if you happen to be DeAngelo Williams!
    DeAngelo looked 23. Great for the Steelers.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

I think Jeff Fisher is an above average coach (now I may be biased as he is an ex-eagles' coach under Buddy Ryan). He was one-yard away from winning the Super Bowl (many coaches never get to the Super Bowl), and he did it by improving a poor team that he inherited, not by taking over a great team like Barry Switzer. I think the current situation highlights that the difference b/t a good coach and a great coach is a really good quarterback, something the Rams do not have. Jeff Fisher is and has always been a defensive minded coach. His defenses are top notch, but an offense with a mediocre quarterback will always be mediocre at best.

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Because he has this "coaching" thing figured out?

“Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Seahawks just unveiled their color rush uniforms - prepare to have your eyes sucked from their sockets.

Saw that. Probably won't be watching that game.

The Eagles' "color rush" is the same black uniform they wore for a few years as a third jersey, and the Giants' looks exactly like the Bills' white jersey.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I don't know why any team would choose white for the color rush uniforms (aside from the cowboys). Unis like the seahawks or the redskins are why this thing exists, IMO.

And yes, I understand the colorblindness issue the upcoming game had last year.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    I don't know why any team would choose white for the color rush uniforms (aside from the cowboys). Unis like the seahawks or the redskins are why this thing exists, IMO.
    I'm assuming that it comes from being home or away that week?

I don't know why any team would choose white for the color rush uniforms (aside from the cowboys).
    The Browns had a Brown color rush uni that was better than their regular unis. (Not that that's a major feat.) However, they are going to have to switch to their all-whites, because the all-Brown clashes with the Raisins' all-Purple.

Edit: They have color rush unis that the League won't let them wear. Several other teams have the same issue.
    Last edited by moecurlythanu; 09-14-2016 at 09:24 PM.

That Seahawks uni clashes with everything.

You guys talking about uniform colors and fashion. Next you'll be talking about what kind of quiche you like.

Would you rather we talk about who stood or knelt during the National Anthem?

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mountain View Post
    Next you'll be talking about what kind of quiche you like.
    All the ones I've had (not many) are excellent.

I'm assuming that it comes from being home or away that week?
    I assume. But last year both teams went for full eye blast.

No biggie really. I'm sure this thing will be around for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    The Browns had a Brown color rush uni that was better than their regular unis. (Not that that's a major feat.) However, they are going to have to switch to their all-whites, because the all-Brown clashes with the Raisins' all-Purple.

Edit: They have color rush unis that the League won't let them wear. Several other teams have the same issue.
    No surprise the league was involved in making things difficult I suppose.

And yes, I understand the colorblindness issue the upcoming game had last year.
    The Giants are doing it because they are embarrassed by ridiculous gimmicks like this and are taking the classiest way out possible (they chose as their "color rush" uniform the road version of a uniform they wore in the '80s).

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    The Giants are doing it because they are embarrassed by ridiculous gimmicks like this and are taking the classiest way out possible (they chose as their "color rush" uniform the road version of a uniform they wore in the '80s).
    ....which looks pretty much like the old Buffalo Bills' white jersey.

Classy, indeed.

Not really sure what the Bills fans are smoking here. It's basiclaly an old Giants road uniform from the 1980s. It is NOT anything copied from the Buffalo Bills. If anything, the Bills uniform changes of 1984 were copying the Giants

Last I checked, Lawrence Taylor was in the NFL earlier than Jim Kelly.

It would appear that the Bills twitter trolls are.. wide right.

Last edited by Facelift; 09-15-2016 at 02:42 AM.

I like the Giants older helmet with GIANTS instead of the NY. I know their present helmet logo is the original logo but I like the previous better.