Page 28 of 106 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2016 NFL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    Good win.
    Not yet!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Not yet!
    I deleted the post - I thought Carolina was going to punt it at the 2:00 warning and with 1 timeout left, it was essentially over.

But as soon as I saw that they weren't punting, I deleted the post - the intent was not to try to call the game before it was over, but to legitimately credit Denver for a win. But it's not over yet!

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Which way?
    Taunting, are you kidding me. Why didn't they show a replay of the Broncos interception of the defenders hitting the receiver. You think maybe it was pass interference.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Barring injuries like last year I think I heard Sports Illustrated picked the Ravens to win the super bowl. They said they were the most rounded team.
    Not really what I was asking, but, OK...The pundits I've read have either New England or Pittsburgh coming out of the AFC this year, so SI must be something of an outlier.

I haven't made any such pick, which is unusual for me, but this year looks wide open on both sides. No real favorite to hang your hat on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Raiders, Jags, and Bucs are the teams that I think fit this criteria.
    I think many are picking the Raiders, and with good reason. They've been adding pieces, and improved incrementally. The playoffs are the next logical step. I can see the Bucs making a move. Not sold on the Jags yet.

I think Tennessee has a real chance to surprise.

What a one sided officiated game.
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Which way?
    Up.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Not really what I was asking, but, OK...The pundits I've read have either New England or Pittsburgh coming out of the AFC this year, so SI must be something of an outlier.
    As opposed to the last couple of years, I think Baltimore will be a good team this year. Also, they don't play a very tough schedule. I'd go 11-5 on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    As opposed to the last couple of years, I think Baltimore will be a good team this year. Also, they don't play a very tough schedule. I'd go 11-5 on them.
    They play six games against play off teams from last year.

They play six games against play off teams from last year.
    So?

I didn't say that they play one of the league's easiest schedules, just that it's not particularly tough.

Buffalo
    @ Cleveland
    @ Jax
    Oakland
    Washington
    @Giants
    @Jets
    Pitt
    Cleveland
    @Dallas
    Cincinnati
    Miami
    @New England
    Philadelphia
    @Pittsburgh

You think that's a tough schedule? Outside the division, they play... New England. And they play Dallas when Romo might be back. If they *can't* get at least 10 wins out of that schedule, then something is very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    So, as the season is about to start...Are there any teams that you guys think can break out and make real positive steps this year, such as making the playoffs after years away, or going from doormat to contenders?
    Jacksonville is my sleeper pick to make the playoffs
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Oakland was my preseason sleeper.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

I'm hoping Oakland makes it but I think they're in a tough division so wildcard at best...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Cheese should almost (but not quite) feel guilty about now being a prohibitive favorite to win the NFC North. A great season by Bridgewater was their only possible obstacle imo, and that ain't gonna happen now.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Cheese should almost (but not quite) feel guilty about now being a prohibitive favorite to win the NFC North. A great season by Bridgewater was their only possible obstacle imo, and that ain't gonna happen now.
    Agreed. I'm not going to go so far as to give them six wins within the division automatically but it would not surprise me if they swept their games with the other three teams this season.

Good game last night. Denver's QB looked way better than expected. As for Carolina...A very good team, but that OL looked very suspect. I realize they're not going to play a defense like Denver every week, but you can't let your QB get hit like that. Cam's a stout guy, but if they can't protect him better, he'll be out and so will they.

One game in and already there's outrage...I can't handle this crap.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Outrage? Did I miss something?

Yeah there's outrage over the headshots to Cam in last nights game and wether or not he doesn't get coddled like other QB's.

Missed the game last night (forgot it was on). We have the makings of a good interconference rivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Yeah there's outrage over the headshots to Cam in last nights game and wether or not he doesn't get coddled like other QB's.
    there certainly were a couple of pretty bad helmet to helmets against Cam... I'm sure they woulda been called had it been Tom or Ben

but missed calls are a regular feature of the NFL, so what's there to be outraged about... unless the NFL doesn't *really* care about concussions
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    there certainly were a couple of pretty bad helmet to helmets against Cam... I'm sure they woulda been called had it been Tom or Ben
    ...or Aaron...I do kind of agree. Yes he definitely got clocked a few times. I thought the last one where there was off setting penalties was a bad one. The others not so much.

I'm listening to sports talk streaming online, and they think last night's officiating crew will be seriously downgraded after those non-calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    ...or Aaron...I do kind of agree. Yes he definitely got clocked a few times. I thought the last one where there was off setting penalties was a bad one. The others not so much.
    So if he doesn't have blood coming out his ears it's an okay hit. The whole point is not to have a whole franchise go down the tubes on one play where the defenders are launching their helmets at the quarterback like last night. The Broncos quarterback got a 15 yarder when the Carolina defender got tangled with a Bronco player and ended up on the quarterback, yet three Broncos slaughter Cam after a pass and no call. It's like they just made up their own rules last night.

Good Lord you're a drama queen, Ed

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    They went through them on M&M this morning. The first one had no helmet contact and was from less than 2 steps away so was correctly called as no foul. The second one was more a bump in a pile up when both were pushed into each other from behind, given the pansy rules these days it could have been called but it was 50:50. The third was was missed by the officials. The fourth one was called with offsetting penalties as Cam intentionally grounded the ball. So they really missed one out of four. Had it been Tom, Aaron, or Drew then the call would probably have been made. Cam & Ben get less calls as they are so damn big and have a history of playing through those hits. I was also surprised they didn't take Cam off for a concussion check after the last one as he was clearly woozy. I guess they didn't want to as the Panthers were down by one with 30 seconds to go.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.