Page 103 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 2650

Thread: The 2016 NFL Discussion Thread

What a game!!!
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    According to the ESPN tracker with 5 minutes to go in the third the Falcons had a 99.3% chance of winning.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

How could I forget? I take even more solace in the post-game "Goodell douchebag"" thing since I hate him far more than NE.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Listen to the boos for Goddell hahahahahaha
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Best part of the whole night: Willie McGinest carrying the Lombardi trophy through a line of Pats and audibly yelling "kiss this motherfucker".
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Wow, why you don't run 3 times if you're Atlanta there just baffles my mind.
    Exactly!!!!!!!!!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Originally, I was picking the Falcons due to better players at the offensive skill positions. After considering that for a week or so, it's hard to pick against Brady and Belly Chick, given their track record. I think that Atlanta could get off to a relatively sizable lead, but New England is still likely to wear them down and catch them late. ... Anyway, Pats 33 Falcons 24.

The scenario didn't go exactly as I expected. By "sizable lead" I meant 17-0, not 28-3, and I thought the Pats would start to right the ship around midway through the 2nd quarter. I wasn't predicting overtime. Still, not bad.

Mercy. I was rooting for the Falcons because come on, too many appearances by NE and I thought when they went up 28-3 that was it, Mr Bündchen was tits up. And...I was wrong. Can you imagine how many bookies had cardiac issues in this game? Thirty-one fucking unanswered fucking points! Are you kidding me?! I am guessing that there are bars in News England that went dry tonight, if not during the game it happened soon after. Wow.

What the fuck did we just see?
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    According to the ESPN tracker with 5 minutes to go in the third the Falcons had a 99.3% chance of winning.
    Their lowest point was 99.6.

Anyway the game didn't go as expected, but I'm sure glad I didn't lose that $1000. Now I won enough to buy that new set of speakers I had my eye on.

The Falcons vaunted offense stunk after the first quarter. The only issue was whether or not the Patriots had dug themselves too deep a hole. They didn't. The Falcons have set a new standard for championship game embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    The Falcons have set a new standard for championship game embarrassment.
    Definitely set the record for 4th quarter embarrassment! Between bungling defense and inept offensive play calling,
    Atlanta set the standard for choke that will be hard pressed to surpass.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Definitely set the record for 4th quarter embarrassment!
    Atlanta set the standard for choke that will be hard pressed to surpass.
    Definitely. This one's gonna haunt this franchise worse than if they had been blown out.
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

Just so you know Ed is on FB blaming the refs for not calling a facemask. Priceless.
    Ian

Just so you know Ed is on FB blaming the refs for not calling a facemask. Priceless.
    Spit up my drink on that one!

Listen to the boos for Goddell hahahahahaha
    Yes. That was fun watching Goodell eat a shit sandwich amidst a cascade of boos.
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

My wife is wondering why I am laughing out loud right now!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Atlanta's defense was just swarming the Pats offense for three quarters. It's like they burnt themselves out by the end of the game. They weren't even putting up much of a resistance at all in the overtime. Matty Ice actually played a good game. It was some curious play calling by the Falcons bench in the 4th that killed their momentum.

At least they won't repeat. Rumor has it that Satan has come to collect Belichick and Brady's souls!

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Atlanta's defense was just swarming the Pats offense for three quarters. It's like they burnt themselves out by the end of the game. They weren't even putting up much of a resistance at all in the overtime. Matty Ice actually played a good game. It was some curious play calling by the Falcons bench in the 4th that killed their momentum.
    I totally disagree with this assessment. The idea that Atlanta's defense - which was not a very good unit for the majority of the season - was somehow responsible for the loss is, IMO, crazy. This loss is pinned squarely on the Atlanta offense, and it's coach and QB being the main culprits. True, Ryan was excellent in the first half and even led a scoring drive in the 3rd Q, but the offense also failed to capitalize on many opportunities - two huge ones in the first quarter. They only put up 21 points, which is just not going to get it done, without being solidly ahead on breaks. They were ahead on the breaks in the first half, but then gave some of that back in the 2nd.

And in the fourth quarter, which is when playoff games and super bowls are usually won, Ryan and the offense was totally ineffective. Atlanta was supposed to be in a position up 28-12 that all they needed to do was trade scores the rest of the way - because you knew by then that the Patriots were probably going to be doing more scoring. But they couldn't even muster a single field goal. 31 unanswered points is the fault of the Atlanta offense, for not answering. Ryan gets no pass here - he and the coaching staff are the big goats.

All I can say is wow! Incredible game no matter who you root for.

I do like that Ryan has been total class in his post game interviews.

I do think that Ryan gets a pass here. The coaching staff takes the hit here for constantly putting him in drop-back situations late when they knew the Pats defense would have its ears pinned back. And of course the defense has to accept some of the blame; all they needed was one more stop, just one, at any time from the middle of the 4th on, and it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    I do like that Ryan has been total class in his post game interviews.

I do think that Ryan gets a pass here. The coaching staff takes the hit here for constantly putting him in drop-back situations late when they knew the Pats defense would have its ears pinned back. And of course the defense has to accept some of the blame; all they needed was one more stop, just one, at any time from the middle of the 4th on, and it didn't happen.
    You can't ask a defense that isn't any good to get stops vs. the Patriots offense; not after it's been on the field so much. How about the MVP QB make a couple of plays and get the team in the end zone in the 2nd half? Once? Not much to ask, if the offense is really as good as it was built up to be. Now we know that it wasn't, and that Ryan certainly is no MVP. He came up small so many times, it was funny. Atlanta ran a total of 16 plays in their four possessions after their 3rd Q touchdown. Just awful.
    Last edited by Facelift; 02-06-2017 at 01:01 AM.

You can't ask a defense that isn't any good to get stops vs. the Patriots offense; not after it's been on the field so much. How about the MVP QB make a couple of plays and get the team in the end zone in the 2nd half? Once? Not much to ask, if the offense is really as good as it was built up to be. Now we know that it wasn't, and that Ryan certainly is no MVP. He came up small so many times, it was funny. Atlanta ran a total of 16 plays in their four possessions after their 3rd Q touchdown. Just awful.
    Ryan made a lot of great throws. It was the coaches who decided to keep having him in drop-back situations when they were in field goal range, and they'd had success running the ball. All they needed was one field goal. Just one. And the coaches took them out of range.

Yes, certainly the glass slipper fell off the Falcons defense in the 4th. And no, they weren't a great defense. I brought that up in post #2533. But they weren't in a dog fight, protecting a slim lead, they had a 25 point cushion. They just needed one stop and they could do it. They do not get a pass.

Please someone remind Michael Bennett what team he plays on...

Heartbreaking loss. Great game. When the Pats won the toss in OT I thought, it's over. The Empire will crush their opponents. I didn't watch any of the post game stuff. Gotta go to woik this morning. I wish the SB was on Saturday.

Banned
    That's just garbage. The Falcon defense is good, however their offense put the game on the defense's shoulders due to immaturity and over confidence. I've seen the Ravens do the same thing year after year. Super-armed quarterback over relied on and poor play calling in clutch moments. It's an offense which rolls the dice, has those glamorous moments but not predictable. The winner here is Belichick.