Thread: Headspace - All That You Fear is Gone

Old man of prog

Headspace - All That You Fear is Gone

On my first listen now and I'm impressed. Very complex but I'm certain it will reveal more on furthur listens. Damien Wilson is one of my favorite contemporary prog singers for sure.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Loved "I Am Anonymous" so looking forward to this.

Posted this in the NP thread last night, very nice. Singer Damien Wilson nearing Jon/Geddy ranges. Great intricate changes going on musically. Adam Wakeman keeping busy; the Black Sabbath days are nearly over...
    Last edited by Obscured; 02-28-2016 at 11:23 AM.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Very interested in this. The first one was great.

Wow, nice to know that they've got a new rekkid! I'll have to look into this . . . . . . . . . .
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Orcopian
    Have to say that on first listen this is sensational. Complex, a lot of dynamics, excellent playing and performances. Damien Wilson range is outstanding and Lee Pomeroy plays some really meaty basslines that are really well placed in the mix. Their first album passed me by, I will have to revisit that one.

on Anonymous they stuffed up cymbals on drumkit. hardly audible... Material was great tho... Will definitely check this one out. That green guitar looks killer!
    Last edited by sergio; 02-29-2016 at 05:02 PM.

One of my favorite vocalists + the Wakeman legacy = WIN.

Updating my experience here:-) awesome. Just freakin awesome! Head and shoulders above anonymous in all aspects. Killer material. Epic production. Cant get enough of that fat buzzing bass. New drummer is so much better. Can hear all the nuances of drumkit now, perfect decay on cymbals now:-). Wilson is all over the place. Big kudos indeed. Perfect ending too, epic choruses. All you can wish for. Monstrous riffs, polyrythms. Thank you headspace! Great proof that you dont need to go djent to sound modern.

A vast improvement. I actually really like this one (unlike the debut.)
    The Prog Corner