Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Music to make you feel really annoyed

St Winifred's though truly is the absolute pits, schmaltz beyond belief with a choir of cute kids and a girl with a lisp, all singing about grandma, it seems so mean to hate it, but I do, with a vengeance!

I once had a crap music party night, (wel my idea of crap anyway) was a great night, full of laughs, people basically came with a playlist of all their worst songs ever , only the very bad (based on my choice) were played, must do it again

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
    Lady in red, Chris de burgh
    I guess I like it because Im a bass player: Pino Palladino's fretless alone is well worth the listen

The worst thing with 'Lady In Red' is how it's difficult to say you like some of De Burgh's stuff, as people are likely to think you like that!! For me it's that slick 80s sound at its worst and the song is pure slush. And yet, his mid 70s album Spanish Train And Other Stories is magnificent!

Where do you go to my lovely
    Anything involving Hermanns Hermits
    Ferry across the Mersey
    Boggy Goldsboro, Honey
    No one quite like Grandma, St Winifred's choir
    Personally I'm fond of the Gerry and the Pacemakers song, Herman's Hermits had their moments- 'No Milk Today' for instance.

But the other three are beyond the pale and would certainly be in my list. 'In The Year 2525' is another one that gets me annoyed, it goes on and on and on...it feels like 2525 by the time you've finished hearing it- maybe that was the point, whatever, I still hate it.

'Seasons In The Sun'...I don't mind this song and never really understand why people hate it, although I think there's a mismatch of song and singer. Even more so with the Westlife cover which is, of course, dreadful.
    Last edited by JJ88; 02-27-2016 at 11:39 AM.

I once had a crap music party night, (wel my idea of crap anyway) was a great night, full of laughs, people basically came with a playlist of all their worst songs ever , only the very bad (based on my choice) were played, must do it again
    Put us out of our misery, what was played?

Can't fully remember as was a long time ago in the 90s but I do remember Rene and renatoto-save you love. , the smurf song , Joe dolce -shaddup ya face, Aqua-barbysong , the birdie song and Ottawa-d.i.s.c.o , baccara- yes sir I can boogie and Sandy from Grease .

There is a lot of stuff mentioned, I actually like.

Can't fully remember as was a long time ago in the 90s but I do remember Rene and renatoto-save you love. , the smurf song , Joe dolce -shaddup ya face, Aqua-barbysong , the birdie song and Ottawa-d.i.s.c.o , baccara- yes sir I can boogie and Sandy from Grease .
    Oh yeah, some really bad stuff there. Things like 'D.I.S.C.O.' and 'Y.M.C.A.' I hold responsible for my one-time dislike of disco- basically stupid novelty songs. It took high quality work like 'I Feel Love' to change my opinion.

If you want me to become instantly irritated:

If you're a U2 fan, I'm happy for you. I'll be in the other room with headphones on, thanks.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

^Funnily enough that's one of few songs by them I really find that good. But I hear you, it's the Bono factor which I find really annoying, particularly when he positions himself as some sort of music critic.

Still alive and well...

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I like Seasons In The Sun and Breakfast At Tiffanys

Most modern country and pop rap does my head in, my gym plays modern pop autotuned to hell and back with insipid lyrics, most of it makes me want to tear my head off.
    Sounds like my gym uses the same syndicated sountrack as yours does!

There is one particular "song" I have heard on it that takes "annoying" to a whole new level. Every time I hear it, I feel like picking up a 5kg dumbell and throwing it at the loudspeaker - except I am not sure where the speaker is actually located. Anyone remember that song "Crazy Horses" by The Osmonds? With that sound effect that was supposed to sound like a horse whinnying? Well, this turd of a song employs a sample like that - it may even be the same sample - but repeated not twice, not four times, but dozens of times. The knowledge that someone actually got paid for producing that shit, while meantine people in the Horn of Africa are starving, makes me want to weep.

Break My Stride - Matthew Wilder. Most annoying song ever recorded. Annoying lyrics, annoying melody, annoying voice. Music to smash your stereo by.

DJ music - totally unbearable!

Quote Originally Posted by AncientChord View Post
    Any Hip-hop or what they call rap.
    Yeapp!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    ^^^Hip hop / rap can be intelligent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7t8eoA_1jQ
    Terribly annoying!

Born in the USA, Springsteen
    baccara- yes sir I can boogie
    Yes and yes!

Two others I can't stand:
    Queen - We Are The Champions
    Queen - We Will Rock You

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    'Y.M.C.A.'
    I hate that one!

Quote Originally Posted by llanwydd View Post
    Break My Stride - Matthew Wilder. Most annoying song ever recorded. Annoying lyrics, annoying melody, annoying voice.
    Don't think I've ever heard that one, but it was really awful.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    baccara- yes sir I can boogie
    That is truly awful
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

'Seasons In The Sun'...I don't mind this song and never really understand why people hate it, although I think there's a mismatch of song and singer. Even more so with the Westlife cover which is, of course, dreadful.
    Ugh! I used to like it when I was a kid; what was I thinking? My main gripe with it is that hack Rod McKuen, who took what had been a song about a man confessing his infidelities to his wife on his deathbed and turned it into maudlin, sentimental drivel. “The stars we could reach were just starfish on the beach”? Gag me!
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Thanks to aplodon for posting the Break My Stride video. I got a big laugh out of it. The song was so awful they had to put dancing girls in the video. At least you can shut off the sound.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

Suspended
    'Y.M.C.A.'
    Sour grapes - just cos you could never manage to get the hand motions right.

Thanks to aplodon for posting the Break My Stride video. I got a big laugh out of it. The song was so awful they had to put dancing girls in the video. At least you can shut off the sound.
    Yeah, but someone's in there playing a stick. Doesn't that give it legitimacy around here?

I think what makes that song more annoying is a) it was everywhere in the early eighties… b) it's a crazily pervasive earworm.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Suspended
    Strangely, I have not heard the original Matthew Wilder version of that song for years, but I regularly hear some female singer's cover of it - one of what I classify as "pointless covers". It sounds different only because it's a woman's voice instead of a man's, but otherwise seems virtually identical.

As for the song itself, I neither love nor hate it. I've certainly heard far worse.

Others on my sh** list

Silly games-Janet Kay
    Red red wine-UB40
    Uptown top rankin-Altea and Donna
    One day at a time-Lena Martel
    Aqua, I'm a barby girl
    Jefferson starship, nothing's gonna stop us now