Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50 Cent Broke

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

I don't like posting an opinion before hearing others, as I like to see what others think before I opine, but seriously on this guy-how stupid do you have to be to file bankruptcy and then post photos of yourself with bundles of cash on social media?

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    how stupid do you have to be to file bankruptcy and then post photos of yourself with bundles of cash on social media?
    That reminds me of when Ol' Dirty Bastard was collecting welfare while being a millionaire. I remember a comedian saying they sat next to Fiddy at a bar; he ordered a grapefruit cocktail and when he got it he said: "This ain't purple!"
    The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

I don't like posting an opinion before hearing others, as I like to see what others think before I opine, but seriously on this guy-how stupid do you have to be to file bankruptcy and then post photos of yourself with bundles of cash on social media?
    How stupid do you have to be to be a drug dealer? Seriously, that's what he did before he became a rapper. He apparently got shot five times during his days as a drug pusher before he wised up and went "legit".

Ya know what the judge should of told ole Curtis? "What's yours is mine!" (a line from one of his songs...get it?)

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    "Songs." I don't think that word means what you think it does.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

how stupid do you have to be
    I give up, 50 Cent stupid?

He be like a quota now...you know, 25 cent.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

The other thing is, when you've got that kind of money, bankruptcy is not the sort of utter capitulation, utter admission of failure it would be for you or me. It's merely a strategic retreat, and enables you to avoid the consequences of your bad decisions. Typically you still have boatloads of money, and bankruptcy enables you to put it beyond the reach of your creditors. Want another example? Donald Trump has declared bankruptcy four times, yet only a fool would say that he's anything other than the canniest of businessmen. And those bankruptcies are part of it - they enabled him to shift his losses to others while keeping his own fortune safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Baribrotzer View Post
    The other thing is, when you've got that kind of money, bankruptcy is not the sort of utter capitulation, utter admission of failure it would be for you or me. It's merely a strategic retreat, and enables you to avoid the consequences of your bad decisions. Typically you still have boatloads of money, and bankruptcy enables you to put it beyond the reach of your creditors. Want another example? Donald Trump has declared bankruptcy four times, yet only a fool would say that he's anything other than the canniest of businessmen. And those bankruptcies are part of it - they enabled him to shift his losses to others while keeping his own fortune safe.
    In other words, what you're saying is they're assholes, which we already knew in the first place.

Donald Trump has declared bankruptcy four times, yet only a fool would say that he's anything other than the canniest of businessmen. And those bankruptcies are part of it - they enabled him to shift his losses to others while keeping his own fortune safe.
    Day One of the Trump Presidency, default on the $19 trillion debt.

nomen est omen.

He's a great guy, a wonderful musician and stupendous poet as well as a visionary artist at large. Plus a loving husband and father, and a compassionate lover too. I wish him all the best through these troubled, difficult times.

Why isn't this on the main page?
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Why isn't this on the main page?
    Agree. Should have been, as his crotch is considerably endowed to compete with any of the Big 4, anytime, anyplace.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Is 50 cent incorporated? Wouldn't this only work for a corporation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This reeks of "it worked for Kanye, let's give it a shot!"
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    He apparently got shot five times during his days as a drug pusher before he wised up and went "legit".
    I remember "rival" rapper Jada Kiss wrote a whole song putting down 50 Cent about a decade ago. My favourite line was "You ain't been shot again so what's your second album about?".

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    Is 50 Cent incorporated? Wouldn't this only work for a corporation?
    He probably is incorporated. I mean, the guy's stayed on top for over ten years, and rappers are even more flash-in-the-pan, one-hit-wonder than rock bands. That argues some sort of smarts in his corner, and since those smarts doesn't seem to be him, it's probably his managers - and they'd surely urge incorporation, to protect their own income stream.

what us non-rapper broke white cats? oh that's right, I'm out of style. Nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad to the Bone View Post
    I remember "rival" rapper Jada Kiss wrote a whole song putting down 50 Cent about a decade ago. My favourite line was "You ain't been shot again so what's your second album about?".
    Yeah, dis tracks are a tradition in hip hop, going all the way back to the early 80's. I saw a documentary some years back about it.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Now, where did I leave my tiny violin?
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Reminds me of a newspaper headline (likely The NY Post), about Michael Jackson from sometime in the early 2000s: "Jacko is Broke-o!"

Reviewing certain information, the person who filed the concerns with the judge is someone Fifty Cent owes money he was ordered to pay involving a sex tape. So, my guess is that it is he personally who filed for the bankruptcy to avoid paying what he was ordered to pay.

someone Fifty Cent owes money he was ordered to pay involving a sex tape.
    Oh, I'd SO love to see Mr. Cent swing out in a sex tape, exposing his incredibly refined libidious skills in front of the cam with one of those chastine princesses of his. Just think about the sight of that lovely butt as he goes stumpin'n'humpin in-out with his intelligent cap backwards and intricate sunglasses squirming ablaze on that sweaty nosetip, dinglydangly chain necklace of gold dashing a magic tune as it dashes against his male tiddies and has the ladies sing a flute tune they as well. If anyone ever deserved the status of a star, Mr. Cent is it/him.

Highly recommended.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

^He was only the director. Steven Wilson and Miley Cyrus were the performers. He owes them money.
    The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    I give up, 50 Cent stupid?
    well....