Thread: MIA PE members from the past...

As one of the MIA old timers who has just seen this thread for the first time, I can't believe how nostalgic it's made me. I haven't read it all, but page after page, I recognize about 90% of the screennames people are mentioning. I'm actually surprised that I have such a crystal clear recollection of this forum from 10-15 years ago. This place was such a big part of my online life for many years. It launched me on a discovery tour of the wide world of prog beyond the "biggies" that I already knew, which to some extent continues to this day (latest purchase: Murple - Io Sono Murple). But beyond that, I remember the stimulating conversations, side-splitting humor, and occasional nuclear-level flame wars - three things which were not always mutually exclusive! I'm still facebook friends with about a dozen people I met here, and Sean's posts over there still form the majority of my musical discussions. I mostly dropped off in early 2011, when I took a new job and decided that I had to pare back on my online distractions. I opted to keep facebook and twitter, and let go of the more "specialty" messageboards and online hubs. And I'm sure it wouldn't be the same experience for me if I came back on a regular basis; as they say, you can never go home. But I'll always fondly remember PE and it's denizens of the mid-2000s!

^ Interesting and touching post. Thanks for checking in.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    A. Scherze is Mathias Thallmayer (I think that's his real name) AKA Iconoclast on r.m.p. Loves ELP but hates all Genesis. Go figure.
    And he's a huge Holdsworth fan.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ Interesting and touching post. Thanks for checking in.
    Yeah! The good ole days. Thanks for posting Olias and Happy New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Yeah! The good ole days. Thanks for posting Olias and Happy New Year.
    Thanks, Greg! Happy New Year!

WHORG?
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    WHORG?
    Still alive & well and living in Chapel Hill, NC w/his lovely family. Lopez & I see him every year when we go to ProgDay and there is usually absinthe around.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman