Thread: David + David New record!

David + David New record!

David (Baerwald) + David (Ricketts) released their only album "Boomtown" back in 1986 and promptly broke up. Thirty years later they have apparently began working together again and are testing the water to see if anyone is interested in any new music they may have to offer. They have created a Facebook page and they are hoping at least 6,000 people "like" the idea. If any of you are fans of D+D or of Baerwald's solo efforts please go to their Facebook page and give them your "like".

https://www.facebook.com/davidanddavidmusic/?fref=nf

Thanks!

Suspended
    Hmmm.

I think I only heard two, maybe three, tracks off their earlier album back in the day. I have to say I got thoroughly sick of "Welcome to the Boomtown". While not actually a bad song, for some reason it was beloved of DJs on the newly arrived FM band, and it was played to death. I doubt I'd have any interest in a new release, though of course I would keep an open mind.

Who are David + David anyway? Were they known from other bands?

No, they were just two regular guys hanging around LA. The story goes that Baerwald used to sell weed to Ricketts. One thing led to another, they recorded some demos, and the demos ended up at A&M Records. A&M then signed them on the spot.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    No, they were just two regular guys hanging around LA. The story goes that Baerwald used to sell weed to Ricketts. One thing led to another, they recorded some demos, and the demos ended up at A&M Records. A&M then signed them on the spot.
    Given their album cover photo and the urban dystopian theses of their hit singles, somehoe I am not surprised that they were into some sort of drugs, though if I had been asked to guess I would have said something harder than "weed".

Boomtown was a GREAT record. Still have it after all these years, and to be honest, there's not a whole lot from that time I hung on to.
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"