Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CAMEL IN JAPAN

CAMEL IN JAPAN

Stumbled onto this bit of news by accident (shock, horror Camel productions has finally updated their website so no longer have to read about the sad passing of Guy) but very interested to hear about their new keyboard player - Pete Jones. Anyone know of his work and do you think he'll fit in with the style of Camel? Be interesting to see if they do another mini tour afterwards and we'll get to hear for ourselves.

Info from Camel are like buses you hear nothing for 12 months and we'll probably have to wait another 12months for anything else ho hum

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Yeah, forgot to include this rather useful bit of information..my bad?

Peter Jones is amazing, saw him supporting Magenta last year. He sang, he played keyboards, he played guitar...sometimes all at the same time.

Any thoughts on the Japan Prog fest poster? Camel and Steve Hackett listed near the top. Who is headlining, one of these 2 or someone else? Not much info to be had.

Anyone have a list of Camel tour dates for 2016? Still only the fest listed, and only a few weeks away.

May 8th, 20th and 21st according to https://www.facebook.com/camel.latimer/

From the Camel website.

http://www.camelproductions.com/

It gives us enormous pleasure to announce that the 2016 Camel tour in Japan will mark the debut of keyboard maestro, Pete Jones. Recently lauded by Prog magazine as a name to watch this year for his Tiger Moth Tales project, Pete has been building a reputation as a multi-talented performer across the genres for over a decade, from the X-Factor finals to his solo appearances showcasing his own compositions with his fluid playing on keyboards, guitar, saxophone and expressive vocals.

Born in 1980, Pete lost his sight to Retinoblastoma when he was but fifteen months old. Clearly a child of remarkable ability, he was undeterred by this challenge in his young life. Pete's musical talent became his vision and by the ripe old age of 4, he had his first piano. Says Pete: “Music has always been a huge part of my life. How much of that was influenced by my sight loss is impossible to say, but I've always had a knack of picking up music by ear pretty quickly". In fact, Pete has an uncanny ability to play by ear and the band already sound as if they've been a unit for forty years. Andrew, Colin and Denis are looking forward to upcoming rehearsals with Pete and then hitting the road as a fighting fit four-piece band in Japan this coming May. Who knows what may come after? The one thing we know for certain is that Camel fans all over the world will welcome Pete Jones with open arms for which their ears will be be richly rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    May 8th, 20th and 21st according to https://www.facebook.com/camel.latimer/
    Thanks. Wish this info would appear on the CP site though. I'm not on Facebook and seems like this is a fan page too.

Quote Originally Posted by kris View Post
    From the Camel website.

http://www.camelproductions.com/

It gives us enormous pleasure to announce that the 2016 Camel tour in Japan will mark the debut of keyboard maestro, Pete Jones. Recently lauded by Prog magazine as a name to watch this year for his Tiger Moth Tales project, Pete has been building a reputation as a multi-talented performer across the genres for over a decade, from the X-Factor finals to his solo appearances showcasing his own compositions with his fluid playing on keyboards, guitar, saxophone and expressive vocals.

Born in 1980, Pete lost his sight to Retinoblastoma when he was but fifteen months old. Clearly a child of remarkable ability, he was undeterred by this challenge in his young life. Pete's musical talent became his vision and by the ripe old age of 4, he had his first piano. Says Pete: “Music has always been a huge part of my life. How much of that was influenced by my sight loss is impossible to say, but I've always had a knack of picking up music by ear pretty quickly". In fact, Pete has an uncanny ability to play by ear and the band already sound as if they've been a unit for forty years. Andrew, Colin and Denis are looking forward to upcoming rehearsals with Pete and then hitting the road as a fighting fit four-piece band in Japan this coming May. Who knows what may come after? The one thing we know for certain is that Camel fans all over the world will welcome Pete Jones with open arms for which their ears will be be richly rewarded.
    Seen that, but no other dates on there.

Love the band. Their website is kinda a joke

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    Love the band. Their website is kinda a joke
    It's better than Eddie Jobson's!

The Event will be recorded, so we will have some proof of it.

They are also working on new Studio material.....

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    The Event will be recorded, so we will have some proof of it.

They are also working on new Studio material.....
    What event? The festival? Last year's DVD recording hasn't been released yet, so it won't be a definite for this years either.

They're often working on new material...

What's your source of information anyway?

I think it will be recorded by WOWOW TV. Not shure

There was a camel in Japan. Will it be on National Geographic.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Squigelyfox View Post
    What event? The festival? Last year's DVD recording hasn't been released yet, so it won't be a definite for this years either.

They're often working on new material...

What's your source of information anyway?
    Interview with Andy L. in a german Magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Interview with Andy L. in a german Magazine.
    Thanks. Don't suppose it's online anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Sampaio Barbosa View Post
    I think it will be recorded by WOWOW TV. Not shure
    Sounds interesting. Maybe won't see it in UK though, unless it's released on DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigelyfox View Post
    Thanks. Don't suppose it's online anywhere?
    Magazine has a Website, but I don't think the Interview is online.

www.eclipsed.de

P.S.:

A small part is online, but the lager part is missing (only in the print issue)

http://www.eclipsed.de/aktuelles-hef...re-moonmadness

Wow! The site has finally been a bit updated with all the dates in Japan and a couple of really nice Pictures too Read on fb that they'll be flying in on Sunday. Anyone here going?

www.camelproductions.com

Awesome Dean poster with Asiaesque flying dragon.

I wish we could get them to the states.

Quick, call for a defibrillator! New info on the Camel website A nice little video featuring Andy and Colin going on about the 4 dates they're playing in Japan. No news of anything further though http://www.camelproductions.com/

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    I wish we could get them to the states.
    Amen. I've never understood the economics of these (very) brief Japanese tours. There are promoters who will fly bands over to Japan for maybe 4-5 shows. But these same bands can't get any interest in the US for a tour, where there are far more cities to visit.

Do the Japanese pay far higher prices for tickets than what we are willing to pay in the US? Or are more people willing to attend prog shows in Japan for some reason?