Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: David Gilmour 2016 Tour

I believe 190 is face value. Not for nothing, but iggy pop tickets are going for $125 in the balcony at the capital in port chester!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    I believe 190 is face value. Not for nothing, but iggy pop tickets are going for $125 in the balcony at the capital in port chester!
    You're correct, that's face value.

Nice periscope stream from Chicago now- https://www.periscope.tv/w/adcRNzM0N...dNL5YWtwIMGW2p
    SOYCD just started.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

I'm going to take a different tack. The ridiculous prices are due to ridiculous consumers. Imagine what would happen if artist "X" announced a concert a Radio City Music Hall with ticket prices at $100, but no one bought them. Do you think the vendor would cancel the show or the prices would drop?

You have to eat, but you don't have to listen to music.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

RCMH last night- So of the course the drunken slob sits next to me. Continued to drink and hit his vape all night, got up 3 times to go to the bathroom. Guy behind me wouldn't shut the f*ck up all night except when he loudly woo-hoo'd for every classic PF guitar solo. Had the two great pumpkinheads sitting right in front of me/my view. A sea of cellphones/cameras like I've never experienced before along with a constant stream of people going up and down the aisles the entire concert. Unbelievable. Otherwise Dave was great, plenty of highlights. He did screw up the lyrics during "Money" but caught the error and re-did that part without missing a beat. His memory is not what it was and uses "cheat sheets" at his feet to help. This was discussed during the recent "Wider Horizons" video. His guitar playing is still sublime. The last 3 or 4 tunes had the crowd on it's feet and singing along. No need for DG to know the lyrics. They're engraved in all our minds.
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/david-...-53f1a7ad.html
    IMG_5641.jpgIMG_5650.jpgIMG_5748.jpg
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    RCMH last night- So of the course the drunken slob sits next to me. Continued to drink and hit his vape all night, got up 3 times to go to the bathroom. Guy behind me wouldn't shut the f*ck up all night except when he loudly woo-hoo'd for every classic PF guitar solo. Had the two great pumpkinheads sitting right in front of me/my view. A sea of cellphones/cameras like I've never experienced before along with a constant stream of people going up and down the aisles the entire concert. Unbelievable. Otherwise Dave was great, plenty of highlights. He did screw up the lyrics during "Money" but caught the error and re-did that part without missing a beat. His memory is not what it was and uses "cheat sheets" at his feet to help. This was discussed during the recent "Wider Horizons" video. His guitar playing is still sublime. The last 3 or 4 tunes had the crowd on it's feet and singing along. No need for DG to know the lyrics. They're engraved in all our minds.
    Saw the show Friday in Chicago and it was excellent. It is an arena show so much of what you posted is to be expected to some degree. I get being upset with the chatty drunk, and while I'm used to the cell phones now it wouldn't be bad for them to get put away more often. But, being bothered by the size of peoples' heads and people going up and down the aisles (not in front of you, the aisles) might mean it is time to splurge for very close seats or consider avoiding shows this size. I have a hard time getting upset because someone's head is larger than I think it should be.

RCMH last night- So of the course the drunken slob sits next to me. Continued to drink and hit his vape all night, got up 3 times to go to the bathroom. Guy behind me wouldn't shut the f*ck up all night except when he loudly woo-hoo'd for every classic PF guitar solo. Had the two great pumpkinheads sitting right in front of me/my view. A sea of cellphones/cameras like I've never experienced before along with a constant stream of people going up and down the aisles the entire concert. Unbelievable.
    the reasons why I'll never attend an arena show again
    it wasn't quite as bad in the era before cell phones but now it is just stupid to have to pay $100 a ticket to see a bunch of inconsiderate imbeciles holding up cell phones
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by Mstove View Post
    Saw the show Friday in Chicago and it was excellent. It is an arena show so much of what you posted is to be expected to some degree. I get being upset with the chatty drunk, and while I'm used to the cell phones now it wouldn't be bad for them to get put away more often. But, being bothered by the size of peoples' heads and people going up and down the aisles (not in front of you, the aisles) might mean it is time to splurge for very close seats or consider avoiding shows this size. I have a hard time getting upset because someone's head is larger than I think it should be.
    If it were just the big heads I wouldn't have cared, it was the whole assortment of goodies combined. My seats were $225-, as were all the orchestra seats-I think I "splurged" enough. There is no reason there should have been so many people continually parading up and down the aisles presumably for piss breaks during an hour set. People also need to go across their sections in order to get to the aisles btw. Radio City is NOT an arena, a main reason I decided to do this as opposed to MSG.

RCMH last night
    Great pics!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Just an awesome show last night at the Garden!

Space Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Marsh View Post
    Just an awesome show last night at the Garden!
    Indeed! My first time seeing him (waaaay overdue) and both he and his band were sublime. His voice was much stronger than I anticipated and of course he had tone for days. Would have loved Echoes to make an appearance but Fat Old Sun was a nice surprise, plus I am a sucker for a nice laser show. Absolutely worth getting home at 3 AM and then getting to work at 8.

Sunday, April 24th 2016 - David Gilmour performed for Teenage Cancer Trust at the Royal Albert Hall. This is an audience recording of him performing Comfortably Numb, with the inclusion of Purple Rain as a tribute to Prince.

Nice of Dave to share this.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I'm less bummed now that I missed out on tix to all NYC shows. Never seen Gilmour solo, guess that will just be something for my living room. I can deal with that.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I'm less bummed now that I missed out on tix to all NYC shows. Never seen Gilmour solo, guess that will just be something for my living room. I can deal with that.
    Not sure why you missed out on the NYC shows. There were tons of ticket drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Mt. Pleasant Farm View Post
    Not sure why you missed out on the NYC shows. There were tons of ticket drops.
    Pretty much happens at most shows.....watch the prices fall on stub hub the week of the show.

European tour underway; slight change to his set as DG played **One Of These Daysfor the first time ever as a solo artist to start the second set. He also debuted **Dancing Right in Front of Me from his Rattle That Lock album.. Anyone here go (Poland)? Anyone here going? First of two in Vienna should've just ended. Videos on youtube taken down in record time.

**Scroll over for SPOILERS.

Well the first one would certainly be an epic jam fest!!

*OFFICIAL* Live viddy of "One Of These Days"-

that was good

guess we'll get a new DVD
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Just saw the One of These Days vid and clicked on it. Its late and the brain didn't click in this is current. Was thinking this is quite good and it is in Poland but its not on Live in Gdansk. Then saw a white haired gent playing keys and I had to back track a bit to see him again. No isn't Richard Wright and it is new. Miss RW but I will be getting this BluRay when it comes out.

That was nice.. thanks for posting.. Dave looked animated during that performance.. kinda wonder how many more of these tours he might have in him..

"a white haired gent playing keys "

The legendary Chuck Leavell is in this new lineup!

Many interesting aspects of this video.
    The video is an animated version of PFs concert with the ballet company in Paris. Gilmour is taking over for Roger's cymbal work. The baseline is being played on a Rick. They're using Nick's original distorted vocals. The current drummer doesn't look as worked up as Nick was in the Pompeii film. And even an official video cannot escape from the panning cell 'phone.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

The video isn't an animated version of the Roland Petit Ballet, it's the original French Windows film done by Ian Emes in 1971 and shown on OGWT. When the band saw the animation, they immediately hired him to do the DSOTM screen films.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    "a white haired gent playing keys "

The legendary Chuck Leavell is in this new lineup!
    Thanks for the info. Wouldn't think Gilmour would go out on the road with nothing but incredible players. Any idea why Jon Carin is not on board for this tour? Is Waters still out on the road?