Thread: Dave Cousins' 2015 solo album: Moving Pictures.

Dave Cousins' 2015 solo album: Moving Pictures.

Ok, the title is not original and neither are the songs (well they are originals from Cousins but not new), but this is the only true solo performance of Dave Cousins captured with only his voice and his guitar. No collaborators on this 2008 concert recording that shows the usually tight lipped Cousins actually explaining how some of his classics like the Hangman and The Papist and the Shepard Song came to him. His voice is in great shape and his remembrance song for Sandy Denny titled Ringing Down the Years is quite emotional. An rare performance of Blue Angel (at 10 minutes long) and who actually inspired it is a surprise.

This is, no doubt, for hardcore Strawbs fans or any budding songwriter that wants to hear a master perform some of the best written songs in either Prog or Folk Rock. And for acoustic guitarists, I believe that Cousins only used the same alternate guitar tunings on just two songs out of twelve! He truly is the whole package in one musician.
    Last edited by StevegSr; 02-05-2016 at 03:11 PM. Reason: C
    To be or not to be? That is the point. - Harry Nilsson.

Gonna buy this one, I love Strawbs.

Don't forget electric Strawbs are on tour along the east coast in May and at Rosfest!

I've got to get a copy of this. Just love Dave and the Strawbs. I've seen them a bunch of times electric (going back to 1974) and acoustic. Always hoped they'd play "Blue Angel," but no. My fingers are crossed for RoSFest.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.