Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The ZIKA Outbreak

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Made it back alive!Here are some photos:
    9/[/url]
    Very cool. I see you made it to the Pitons and the volcano. St. Lucia is a beautiful island for the most part.

Great shots, Yves!
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

https://www.flickr.com/photos/102902...h/24684641109/
    Doesn't look like there were many people there!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/102902...h/24684641109/
    Wow! Beautiful pics, Yves!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Doesn't look like there were many people there!
    I choose the times to take my photos. The place was packed. That's 39 of 200 photos I took. I don't post the ones that include family since I leave them open to the general public to download as they please.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I choose the times to take my photos. The place was packed. That's 39 of 200 photos I took. I don't post the ones that include family since I leave them open to the general public to download as they please.
    Funny, I do the same thing. I'll be standing there for ten minutes until people get the hell out of the way.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I like to get down there around 6:30AM. The sun is just coming up but the restaurants aren't open yet so most people are still in their rooms. Best lighting of the day and best chance to snap photos with no people in them.

I like to get down there around 6:30AM. The sun is just coming up but the restaurants aren't open yet so most people are still in their rooms. Best lighting of the day and best chance to snap photos with no people in them.
    Yep, same here. I did that in Clearwater a couple of years ago. Got some pretty nice shots.

Nice stuff Ron! I find that early morning walk with camera in hand the most magical time; especially in a tropical paradise.

Thanks, Yves. Not only is that early morning walk magical, it makes your day last a lot longer.

Since we're already off-topic, it looks like Flickr's days are numbered.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

damn... I guess I'll have to use Google photo or some other app going forward...

A friend vacationed on Purto Rico a couple of weeks ago with his family. Looks like he came back with Zika. Joint pain, fever and a rash all over his chest. His wife and son have no symptoms.

^^ They might still have it. Most people infected won't even know it.

I wonder if once exposed and having it, after its gone is one then immune, or can it be contracted numerous times?